Four years and Nine months

Timeline

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1327308611' post='2905411']
you don't anything that no one else does[/quote]

I'd say that would be accurate for people who are in that small circle of people who are active and stay up on the behind the scenes stuff in the game. The vast majority of players have no idea.

[quote]goons investigated for being too awesome is nothing new, you jelly?[/quote]

As an alliance, you raid too much. In the past you've done things in the "modern" era that are of questionable value to the CN gaming community generally, and skated by on technicalities. Still, the scoreboard is the scoreboard and I'll acknowledge that.

I'll leave the thread with this however...there is winning, and then there is winning the right way. Maybe if you engaged in the latter more often and a bit less of the former, you'd get the respect you seem to want.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1327337081' post='2905538']
I'd say that would be accurate for people who are in that small circle of people who are active and stay up on the behind the scenes stuff in the game. The vast majority of players have no idea.

As an alliance, you raid too much. In the past you've done things in the "modern" era that are of questionable value to the CN gaming community generally, and skated by on technicalities. Still, the scoreboard is the scoreboard and I'll acknowledge that.

I'll leave the thread with this however...there is winning, and then there is winning the right way. Maybe if you engaged in the latter more often and a bit less of the former, you'd get the respect you seem to want.
[/quote]
THESE GOONS ARE RAIDING TOO MUCH THAT MUST BE AGAINST A RULE SOMEWHERE

[/quote]

You're silly. :D You're of questionable value yourself, buddy.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1327337081' post='2905538']As an alliance, you raid too much. In the past you've done things in the "modern" era that are of questionable value to the CN gaming community generally, and skated by on technicalities. Still, the scoreboard is the scoreboard and I'll acknowledge that.
[/quote]

Winning in this game is having fun. It's a game after all, not a way of life.

I don't particularly like GOONS in a strictly IC sense (how can any moralist :P) but they add a huge value to the game by actually doing something interesting, provocative, and with complete disregard to what the world thinks of them (similar to NSO).

Timeline, I hope you had fun.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1327340212' post='2905565']
Winning in this game is having fun. It's a game after all, not a way of life.

I don't particularly like GOONS in a strictly IC sense (how can any moralist :P) but they add a huge value to the game by actually doing something interesting, provocative, and with complete disregard to what the world thinks of them (similar to NSO).[/quote]

Ahh, but they *do* care. If they didn't care they wouldn't bother going into full diplomacy mode when yet another one of their raiders does something silly and raids the wrong target (or worry that much about treaties as they clearly do). They also wouldn't be jumping all over people like Schatt, myself, and others who from time to time point out their bad behavior, nor would they do other things on these forums in an attempt to silence their critics.

They appear not to care at times because they can only be contrite to a certain point in public or it damages their persona. NSO on the other hand really doesn't care, but should. Too many long time players there for them to get rolled in all the various ways they do. Rather than "doing something about it" they come across as people who cannot live up to their own legend. Sorry fellas. :mellow:

[quote]Timeline, I hope you had fun.[/quote]

Play because it's fun. I never like to see anyone quit, but if they do, they should take the good memories, leave the bad, and remember what they learned (it is impossible to play this game and not learn something about yourself and others if you are only willing to have an open mind). Also keep a bookmark to the web site...I like to think that those that left on good terms with Admin are always welcomed back, they should be.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1327339249' post='2905555']
THESE GOONS ARE RAIDING TOO MUCH THAT MUST BE AGAINST A RULE SOMEWHERE[/quote]

I hereby sentence you to read "The Lorax" until you finally get the point. Clearly you missed it as a child.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1327346140' post='2905638']
Ahh, but they *do* care. If they didn't care they wouldn't bother going into full diplomacy mode when yet another one of their raiders does something silly and raids the wrong target (or worry that much about treaties as they clearly do). They also wouldn't be jumping all over people like Schatt, myself, and others who from time to time point out their bad behavior, nor would they do other things on these forums in an attempt to silence their critics.

They appear not to care at times because they can only be contrite to a certain point in public or it damages their persona. NSO on the other hand really doesn't care, but should. Too many long time players there for them to get rolled in all the various ways they do. Rather than "doing something about it" they come across as people who cannot live up to their own legend. Sorry fellas. :mellow:
[/quote]

You appear to be oblivious as to what we care about. I'll be kind enough to elaborate for you, since you seem to think "GOONS don't care" is a broad enough statement that we're apparently dumb enough to only wipe our own asses when they start to chaff and itch. Well, Hal, as I would have assumed you had already figured out by utilizing common sense, we're not exactly like that. We don't support our arrogance with stupidity. We accommodate our arrogance by cavorting with allies that possess a similar arrogance. Our 'bad behaviour' is simply a product of our upbringing. We would do it regardless of how our critics shine a light on it. Your attempt to differentiate between NSO and GOONS by saying 'NSO doesn't care, but should' was clearly a product of rushed posting. You tried to come up with a point that made NSO appear to be in a better light than GOONS, but lost your train of thought and figured it would be better to not waste what you had already typed. NSO doesn't have a 'legend' to live up to. They are reckless, and out to cause trouble whenever they can. Regardless of their defiance of Bob's social graces, they are willing to sacrifice NS in order to have fun. This doesn't make them have a 'legend' beyond being awesome troublemakers. Are you trying to say they were some sort of military powerhouse once upon a time?

Play because it's fun. I never like to see anyone quit, but if they do, they should take the good memories, leave the bad, and remember what they learned (it is impossible to play this game and not learn something about yourself and others if you are only willing to have an open mind). Also keep a bookmark to the web site...I like to think that those that left on good terms with Admin are always welcomed back, they should be.[/quote]

Fun is in the eye of the beholder. Honestly, people leave when it's not fun, and come back when they miss people. It's never because they miss the game itself. It has been suggested many times that we all pack up and move to another place that won't just disappear, but that'll never happen.

I hereby sentence you to read "The Lorax" until you finally get the point. Clearly you missed it as a child.
[/quote]

Newbies are like trees. When someone stops planting seeds, the breed dies out. Don't blame the harvesters. We've been planting a !@#$load more seeds than you treehuggers have.

Edited by nippy

[/quote]

GOONS is sanctioned and part of the largest bloc with some of the best alliances in the game, but you don't like them, so they don't have the respect 'they seem to want'.

ok pal

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1327292995' post='2905238']
The old GOONS was nearly deleted [i]en masse[/i] and as it happened lost several members, including people in key leadership positions. The modern version has been under investigation more than once for various offenses.

Yes, I do know things. :)
[/quote]

So telling Sir William that he's lucky to be playing this game, when he was in MK during the old GOONS era is suppose to mean what ?

Edited by Timberland

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1327379431' post='2905989']
I don't think GOONS will be calling in allies for this one, more like trying to organise the people begging them for a shot.
[/quote]
That has never been GOONS style, instead they'll probably try to get him sanctioned on every color and get whatever allies are willing to help to jump in to help them.

Edited by Methrage

[/quote]

Is this a serious post?

I am honestly hoping you forgot some type of sarcasm emote. Otherwise you fell off the damned deepend kid. You need to get out of the pool and get some electrolytes in you. Try BRAWNDO. It has lots of electrolytes.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1327396391' post='2906102']
That has never been GOONS style, instead they'll probably try to get him sanctioned on every color and get whatever allies are willing to help to jump in to help them.
[/quote]

The above goes to you as well. Everyone with even a tiny amount of working grey matter knows this is how rogues are handled across the game. It's the ONE thing most alliances will agree on when it comes to sanctions.

Good christ you people have lost your freaking minds.

Edited by mrwuss

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1327396391' post='2906102']
[/quote]
I guess he could invite someone to a 2-man AA (or go join "sup GOONs" with hizzy) and debate the sanctions on the grounds that he's in an alliance.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]

GOONS are presently under investigation for alleged atrocities committed while I was crossing the street yesterday. Someone kicked my walker out from under me, as I was falling, I caught a glimpse. It was either Sardonic or Sir William. Eyewitnesses will hopefully come forth.

Really? Under investigation? You went there? Jesus.