Anders als die anderen (unlike the other)

isolde

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the fact that you are a protectorate of ROK's and Asgaard's blocmate in Mjolnir, I would have thought this could have been handled in a less public way. As far as I know, none of you tried contacting us privately. That said, These deals were made, and your former emperor stated that these deals were guaranteed by TGE. I am pretty easy to find on IRC or an in game PM so would appreciate you all letting me know how you are going to fix this. I have three members, Commander Thrawn, Demag and Spankthefrank who sent their money and received no tech at all.

Edited by gambona

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1326386552' post='2898123']
tl;dr: No one in their right mind should take your government at its word, because if you change leadership, all bets are off and all promises broken?

Pray tell, what is an alternative agreement to paying back tech that your government promised?
[/quote]

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1326387289' post='2898127']
tl;dr We're a walking target just waiting for someone to roll us and put us out of our misery.

But hey, good luck moving forward!
[/quote]
This.

Good luck, TGE.

[quote name='isolde' timestamp='1326388223' post='2898134']
We have approached the RoK government and they are looking into what was sent and to whom and if anything is still owed, unfortunately we have no written records as they were private deals brokered through our former Emperor, and he left no instructions as to the status of said transactions.

[/quote]

Alot is still owed. Many of us gave 4 slots and got nothing in return.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1326417368' post='2898412']
Actions of Former Emperor's don't count? Damn!
Someone seems to have missed the memo...
[/quote]
Post #33, meet post #12:
[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1326390615' post='2898153']
'it wasn't us it was our all-powerful emperor who speaks for us'

sorry the polar defense isn't going to cut it here
[/quote]
Also, did anyone else read this as TGE trying to declare bankruptcy?

Edited by Vanilla Napalm

Firstly, as sitting Kaiser I would like to say that TGECN is in no way trying to cheat or steal anything from anybody. Everyone that is owed tech will get it

Now let me give my best explaination here.

This whole thing that Anson had going on with other alliances started quite a few weeks before I ever joined TGECN. I was truly unaware of what was going on. Even after he appointed me as Minister of State Affairs I still had no clue as he never brought his whole "Emperors boost program" to my attention. As a matter of fact he even directed me into setting up tech deals and mentioned nothing about his other dealings. Had I known about this program of his, and known the dynamics of it I would have been glad to continue with what was already going on. Surely someone that put together such a program should have had a log of all transactions that has transpired. This is what we lack and therefore has caused us great confunsion.

Shortly after Anson declared war on RIA, then he went into peace mode and shortly after that resigned from the alliance and appointed me as Regent, leaving us with great holes to patch and fill.

TGECN has no problems dealing tech to any of the involved alliances here, I hope that we can get this worked out, and someday continue business as usual. As for now we will have to settle up with what ever, then see what we have to work with from there. We do not seek drama of any kind, and hope that we can resolve this matter in a civil way.

At the time that I appointed you as Minister of State Affairs, in the Finanzen Statte (our finance area), there was a section referring to tech deals. Inside that section, you would find a topic entitled Emperors Boost Program, or something that was worded very similarly. Furthermore, at the time that I appointed you to Minister of State Affairs, there was a publicly visible section on the forums entitled Public Announcement Archives. Inside that section was a copy of what exactly the Emperor's Boost Program is, well was, as well as Google Calendar links that outlined exactly what was supposed to be done and when.

Also at the time that I appointed you Minister of State Affairs, there was no sitting Minister of State Affairs, there was an minimally active (as in he rarely checked into forums, or if he did he did not post hardly at all) Minister of Defense, there was a Minister of Finance who was not able to do his job due to the mystical thing called real life, so he was very inactive. Furthermore, President Orff, who was at that time the Chancellor, was sending out recruitment messages and processing admissions as they arrived. That left everything else for me to do. I am by no means complaining, so please don't misconstrue my statement as such.

The purpose of the Emperor's Boost Program, as outlined in a government archive post, was to load the members with a bunch of cash, and then have them send out tech. Yes, I admit that I did not follow up with the members and keep on them to send their tech. For that I do apologize. However, as the Emperor (at that time this was my title), I represented the alliance to Ragnarok, Asgaard, and North American Confederacy, and possibly a couple more, with the express intention of acquiring buyers to send the cash. I did guarantee to the buyers that The German Empire, not Anson ruler of Texas, would guarantee their tech, as you suggested should happen in this quote:

[quote="Isolde"] Now we know that many promises were made to alliances such as RoK, Asgaard and the like to furnace them with tech if they injected a certain amount of $$$ to our selling nations. However this "boost" program was underwritten by our former Emperor and is not upheld or endorsed by the current government. If you have issue with non delivery take it to the Broker. The agreements and promisary notes were signed off by our previous emperor, a man who wrote into our citizens code that we as an alliance would not be accountable for deals that went down the pan. I therefore ask that those alliances and nations who are still owed tech pm me with the facts and figures owed so I can either enable the dealings to be completed or more preferably I suggest you approach Anson yourself and get him to personally recompense you for your troubles as it was he who guaranteed them be filled.[/quote]

As for the charge of Peace Mode after declaring on RIA, I declared on RIA at the urging of the Prussian House of Lords, which, if memory serves correctly, is how it was done at that point. I was fully ready to go into battle in the name of the Germany I served. It was you, King Tower, herr Kaiser, that asked that I do not go into war, but rather, switch to peace mode. As for my resignation, I announced my resignation to the Prussian House of Lords on the 17th, and to the membership on the 18th. I announced that I would leave on the 24th. I left one day early as the transition process was complete. You yourself said that you knew everything that was going on, and yes, that's a paraphrase.

So you are completely right, I did make mistakes during my time as the leader of The German Empire. I am accountable to my actions, and the statements that I make. Are you?

[quote name='Anson' timestamp='1326421492' post='2898458']
At the time that I appointed you as Minister of State Affairs, in the Finanzen Statte (our finance area), there was a section referring to tech deals. Inside that section, you would find a topic entitled Emperors Boost Program, or something that was worded very similarly. Furthermore, at the time that I appointed you to Minister of State Affairs, there was a publicly visible section on the forums entitled Public Announcement Archives. Inside that section was a copy of what exactly the Emperor's Boost Program is, well was, as well as Google Calendar links that outlined exactly what was supposed to be done and when.

Also at the time that I appointed you Minister of State Affairs, there was no sitting Minister of State Affairs, there was an minimally active (as in he rarely checked into forums, or if he did he did not post hardly at all) Minister of Defense, there was a Minister of Finance who was not able to do his job due to the mystical thing called real life, so he was very inactive. Furthermore, President Orff, who was at that time the Chancellor, was sending out recruitment messages and processing admissions as they arrived. That left everything else for me to do. I am by no means complaining, so please don't misconstrue my statement as such.

The purpose of the Emperor's Boost Program, as outlined in a government archive post, was to load the members with a bunch of cash, and then have them send out tech. Yes, I admit that I did not follow up with the members and keep on them to send their tech. For that I do apologize. However, as the Emperor (at that time this was my title), I represented the alliance to Ragnarok, Asgaard, and North American Confederacy, and possibly a couple more, with the express intention of acquiring buyers to send the cash. I did guarantee to the buyers that The German Empire, not Anson ruler of Texas, would guarantee their tech, as you suggested should happen in this quote:

As for the charge of Peace Mode after declaring on RIA, I declared on RIA at the urging of the Prussian House of Lords, which, if memory serves correctly, is how it was done at that point. I was fully ready to go into battle in the name of the Germany I served. It was you, King Tower, herr Kaiser, that asked that I do not go into war, but rather, switch to peace mode. As for my resignation, I announced my resignation to the Prussian House of Lords on the 17th, and to the membership on the 18th. I announced that I would leave on the 24th. I left one day early as the transition process was complete. You yourself said that you knew everything that was going on, and yes, that's a paraphrase.

So you are completely right, I did make mistakes during my time as the leader of The German Empire. I am accountable to my actions, and the statements that I make. Are you?
[/quote]
Thank you for your honesty Anson, this was a bit confusing to us all here. All that can be done now is pick up the pieces and move on. Yes I too can own up to my mistakes when one is made. As we all know, you cannot truly learn from them if you can't admit it.

If you guys don't want to meet the obligations of the tech deal, then I would think simply returning the money would be more amicable and lead to less hard feelings all around. Not sure what you all hope to accomplish by publicly stating you are disavowing past arrangements and then not offer a solution to the obvious problem this poses.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1326423123' post='2898471']
If you guys don't want to meet the obligations of the tech deal, then I would think simply returning the money would be more amicable and lead to less hard feelings all around. Not sure what you all hope to accomplish by publicly stating you are disavowing past arrangements and then not offer a solution to the obvious problem this poses.
[/quote]

We are going to meet the obligations. No problem. The point here is that after all present obligations are met we will seek to regroup here, and rethink what was misunderstood. Its sort of hard to uphold deals that you were not fully enlightend on, and that there were no records of. After everything has been squared away then maybe we can renegotiate. Thanks to everyone for their patience while we try to resolve this issue in the best way we possibly can.

[quote name='Demag' timestamp='1326404835' post='2898256']
I had the same deal with czar lazar 9 million for 200 tech. Here's the spreadsheet that we were linked to for payment dates you have to click back to November/December: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=h9tl8jd1q7pqb37dqddr918dg8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York
[/quote]

Thank you for that valuable piece of information,something we were not given or left with in fact after talking with Lazar

[quote][21:05] <%CzarLazar> maybe you shold ask anson
[21:06] <@Isolde> why would that be czar you are the nation receiving and promising tech
[21:06] <@Isolde> anson isnt with TGE
[21:06] <%CzarLazar> aware of that
[21:07] <%CzarLazar> well he promised the tech,
[21:07] <@Isolde> so we are asking you
[21:07] <%CzarLazar> he said we would be contacted by the people that needed the tech and we would then send it to them
[21:08] <@Isolde> so the tech would not necessarily be going to the people who sent the money
[21:08] <%CzarLazar> and later into the program, i stated there i need to see who exactly is to recieve what and how much
[21:08] <%CzarLazar> he stated it was not his problem, he didnt know, and didnt have a list[/quote]

I wasnt sure whether we would ever know the full extent of what monies were sent and by whom.

Patience is being executed by all parties so whilst I would love to have done this in private, I was denied access to the Combine Forum where I wanted to address this issue, I need to address several concerned alliances and know the extent and this is by far the easiest way to accumulate all the facts albeit for all to see.

Isolde requested an embassy on The Combine's forums on January 8th. Due to what I would describe as a heated conversation in query between BloodFury and King Tower, where they elected to keep distance between the alliance, Bloodfury chose to deny the application, stating:
[quote]At this time with our current relations, I will step above me bounds on this one without discussing this with the rest of The Hive Mind, and deny your application to be a diplomat and receive an embassy.

However you may feel free to contest this if you so wish, or reapply in a month. [/quote]

Isolde responded, stating the following:
[quote]As you wish, If you could send a representative to our forums to discuss The emperors Boost program which was set up by Anson I would be grateful, as our members will no longer be available for participation is this program. Also should Anson desire for his own foreign official mask to be removed please have him PM me. [/quote]

Seeing as the application thread is not a conversation thread, I split and moved these posts to a separate part of our forum visible only to government.

Now, with the very recent confrontation between the leadership of TGE and The Combine, there is no surprise, I am sure to many, that we would like to keep our distance. As I am aware though, should Isolde have wanted to contact me or any other member of The Combine government, I am certain that there is a Private Messaging system on these forums, as well as in the game. If the intention was truly to get to the bottom of this, I think there is no question that none of us would be here as this post would not have been made.

Now, Isolde, you've stated that ya'll weren't sure the details of the program, etc., as has King Tower. Perhaps, before striking out against others, it would behoove you to check your own forums.

[quote name='King Tower IV' timestamp='1326424616' post='2898488']
We are going to meet the obligations. No problem. The point here is that after all present obligations are met we will seek to regroup here, and rethink what was misunderstood. Its sort of hard to uphold deals that you were not fully enlightend on, and that there were no records of. After everything has been squared away then maybe we can renegotiate. Thanks to everyone for their patience while we try to resolve this issue in the best way we possibly can.
[/quote]
So... the point of the announcement, other than publically humiliating yourself?

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1326432836' post='2898583']
So TGE derped, Anson derped, and BloodFury is being belligerent.

Nothing out of the norm here.
[/quote]

Sigh, if only I had the time to be belligerent for this one. Sadly, they aren't worth the time I would have to devote to them even if I had it.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1326432836' post='2898583']
So TGE derped, Anson derped, and BloodFury is being belligerent.

Nothing out of the norm here.
[/quote]
Pretty much this, the announcement can literally be tldr'd into "Derp".

Also, why an OWF announcement instead of embassy notes? Couldn't have been more than half a dozen alliances you've possibly screwed over, right?

...right?

[quote name='Avakael' timestamp='1326444101' post='2898701']
Pretty much this, the announcement can literally be tldr'd into "Derp".

Also, why an OWF announcement instead of embassy notes? Couldn't have been more than half a dozen alliances you've possibly screwed over, right?

...right?
[/quote]

We haven't screwed anybody over. The sitting government of TGECN is actually making sure that nobody gets screwed over. I'm not entirely sure why there's so much confusion on this point, except that people are focusing on Flinders' post rather than on the ramifications of the OP.

[quote name='Sigurd Odinnson' timestamp='1326444722' post='2898704']
We haven't screwed anybody over. The sitting government of TGECN is actually making sure that nobody gets screwed over. I'm not entirely sure why there's so much confusion on this point, except that people are focusing on Flinders' post rather than on the ramifications of the OP.
[/quote]
I am guessing it is because the OP was worded poorly. It left people with the impression that the mess was at Anson's door and not TGE's. I believe that Tower will ensure all commitments are met, of course. He is not one to drop the ball when he or his owes others. Plain and simple, he dont welsh.