For ours is the time: Apparatus Declaration

Maximillian

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1323688607' post='2875122']
Many alliances have charged headlong into GATO at great disadvantage and found themselves, to the surprise of all, victorious. History is on your side!

But if not, your courage is certainly to be applauded.
[/quote]

If you can name anyone who's done that recently, well done to ya.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Randalla' timestamp='1323686661' post='2875108']
I thank those who recognize the reason we did what we felt we had to do without additional explanation. I also humbly thank all of our other friends and allies who understood the position we were put in after events unfolded the way they did.

This was a heart breaking decision, because we did in fact find ourselves torn between multiple friends, on multiple sides. No matter which path we decided to march down, we knew it would be ...challenging. Very challenging. We don't expect this to be easy, but we will do our damndest. I hope not to disappoint our allies and our opponents, just the same.

:nuke:
[/quote]

Didn't you just sign this treaty with MHA? So don't try to put this off as a difficult situation being torn between multiple sides where you willingly caused yourself in this position. If you didn't want to be in this situation, it had been better not to sign this treaty at all.

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1323662521' post='2874643']
GATO had a reason, you just didn't like the reason.

Pre-Emptive > Reactionary.

With our history, this is going to feel like a holiday at a theme park.
[/quote]

You mean Delusional Reason? I know your type. See my nation's name.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1323687295' post='2875114']
Best of luck, I'm sure we'll all have fun and shake hands after.
[/quote]

Triums, leaders and governments may shake hands after. But I will not forget GATO's crime so easily.

[quote name='unpronounced' timestamp='1323707569' post='2875284']
You mean Delusional Reason? I know your type. See my nation's name.

Triums, leaders and governments may shake hands after. But I will not forget GATO's crime so easily.
[/quote]

To be honest, there are far worse people out there than GATO, and despite your pitiful whining I intend to keep being nice to those that actually count, as befits the kind of values GATO stands for. Will you also be remembering Fark's 'crime' then, or is your field of vision incredibly narrow? When will this crime be bought to justice? Now, or when it's convenient for you?

Edited by Laslo Kenez

WE give thanks to those who understand our situation and circumstances. Your respect is appreciated.

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1323676441' post='2875026']
OOC: I have one question for the guy who wrote the OP: Did you graduate from a law school?
[/quote]

No, but I'm studying political science and government.

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1323702319' post='2875256']
What a glorious declaration. A fine speech sir no matter what side you are on.
[/quote]

Thank you kindly.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1323666030' post='2874767']
That wasnt GATO though :P
Arciel single handily destroyed that AA, remember? :P
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm taking full credit for that one. :P

Also, to war! I guess. I need to fight someone soon.

I must admit, it was certainly a surprise to see a bunch of messages in my inbox from people who seem like they know how to fight. After seeing messages with 40 bombers being sent at me, this is a little more normal.

Things finally got a little more interesting, though my warchest still beats 2 of the Apparatus nations attacking me (despite both being 30k larger.)

I wish you all the best of luck, no hard feelings eh?

Edited by kerschbs

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1323709318' post='2875304']
To be honest, there are far worse people out there than GATO, and despite your pitiful whining I intend to keep being nice to those that actually count, as befits the kind of values GATO stands for.
[/quote]

Values? LOL. You declared a pre-emptive war based on a s%$t intel, and now you're playing mr. nice guy. Guilt, perhaps?

[quote]Will you also be remembering Fark's 'crime' then, or is your field of vision incredibly narrow? [/quote]

Fark has a [s]history[/s] grudge with NPO, as well as FAN. I don't remember MHA ever done the same to GATO as NPO did to Fark. In fact, MHA helped C&G in Bi-Polar. And MHA didn't hit GATO then due to your treaty with one of MHA's ally.

[quote]When will this crime be bought to justice? Now, or when it's convenient for you?[/quote]

You'd better be alert. Look at Pacifica and Polar.

[quote name='unpronounced' timestamp='1323711110' post='2875323']
Values? LOL. You declared a pre-emptive war based on a s%$t intel, and now you're playing mr. nice guy. Guilt, perhaps?
[/quote]

The intel was fine, thanks, everything we have heard since has backed up our decision apart from some bold-faced efforts at spinning things. Even if it wasn't sound, the bigger embarassment is that MHA had no plans to defend their three bloc-mates getting crushed. I suppose you can choose option two if you like, but it's hardly the grand prize.

[quote]
Fark has a [s]history[/s] grudge with NPO, as well as FAN. I don't remember MHA ever done the same to GATO as NPO did to Fark. In fact, MHA helped C&G in Bi-Polar. And MHA didn't hit GATO then due to your treaty with one of MHA's ally.
[/quote]

Is that really what you're going to try and wave that away with? I've got a "grudge" with people who plan to hit our blood brothers, or as it later transpires their direct allies who are currently fighting alongside them. It was good of MHA to help the then members of C&G way back in 2010, but the year is 2011 and here they were (very slowly) getting ready to strike.

[quote]
[/quote]

Righto, I'd take that threat far more seriously if anyone, literally anyone, apart from MHA and a loose coalition of their friends (those who can be bothered to do the mental gymnastics required) were unhappy. And I suspect that's redirected frustration at the fact that they've done literally nothing to bail out their friends with their incredible sloth. I'd also take it far more seriously if GATO had ever been the kind of alliance that dealt with people how Pacifica did back in the day.

[quote name='unpronounced' timestamp='1323711110' post='2875323']

[/quote]

Thats like your opinion, man.

We don't hate MHA because they are awesome. We're both having fun in this war as far as I can tell. I'm sorry you're burnt out on your pokeman grudge matches that you have to bring it to the OWF. MHA & GATO arent going to be mortal enemies from now on. Just relax.

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1323699893' post='2875233']
They offered. But we told them to wait, they got tired of waiting. Either way we support their decision.
[/quote]

I wouldn't want to fight next to you losers either! :P

[quote name='unpronounced' timestamp='1323707569' post='2875284']
[/quote]

What crime did GATO commit?

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1323691164' post='2875143']
Targeted RnR, spotted FOK as their backup, got scared, signed MHA, rolled GATO (who are still soft). True story.
[/quote]

Ask our allies in Asgaard about that "true story" please... they have already refuted it. The only way we would have attacked RnR was through ASG, and we were quite literally less than a day away from doing it, until they kindly asked us to stand down for other political reasons.

Then in the meantime, GATO, ODN, and a few others decided to jump on our new allies in MHA while all their XX allies were locked up in other fights. We in The Apparatus found this method and reasoning of attack to be distasteful. So we consulted with our good allies in Asgaard AND The Shadow Accord, and with their blessing, entered the war for MHA -- to defend a friend who was in need, and who didn't have a deep MDP tree to fall back on anymore.

Say what you will about us DoW'ing GATO, but it was most assuredly talked about and debated with our allies, and it was even more assuredly done not with the intent of dodging reprisals from FOK -- we're still pretty sure we'll have our hands full with MHA's aggressors.

Thanks to everyone who saw our declaration (long as it was) for what it is, and may I please offer GATO the opportunity to find honor on the battlefield against us. We harbor you no ill-will, just a desire to destroy your pixels for a while :)

o7 MHA
o7 ASG
o7 TSA

Despite the occasional individual post, the alliances of MHA and GATO do not hate each other and expect to leave the war with perhaps more respect than when it was started.

Nevertheless, we're not averse to inflicting destruction upon those who attacked us. Welcome to the fray, Apparatus, thanks for the support.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1323696414' post='2875195']
Seriously Randy? Why not go help ASG instead? :(

Btw, please ZI Magicninja. Kthnx.
[/quote]

Listen to this man. I've only gained 5 spots back in the casualty race.

We did what we thought we had to do and Apparatus did what they thought they had to do. It's quite that simple and I doubt either of us will have any regrets.

[quote name='Floatsam' timestamp='1323725893' post='2875605']
Despite the occasional individual post, the alliances of MHA and GATO do not hate each other and expect to leave the war with perhaps more respect than when it was started.

Nevertheless, we're not averse to inflicting destruction upon those who attacked us. Welcome to the fray, Apparatus, thanks for the support.
[/quote]

I know I've gained more respect for MHA. From a personal standpoint, you guys have fought better than VE or RIA. iFOK still has you beat though. :P