Surrender Terms for Individual MHA Nations

Laslo Kenez

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]Despicable, this entire situation. Preemptive strikes with true reason are one thing. A gang-pile of poor declarations is an entirely different scenario. Shame for bringing TE tactics into SE politics.
[/quote]

meet this:

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1323487686' post='2871630']
There is no good reason for ever individually surrendering in an alliance war. I don't care if you're bill locked and your grandmother is bleeding to death on the bathroom floor, if that's the case, why do you give a damn if your nation burns?
[/quote]

I hate and disapprove of the surrender terms, for the record. There should be none. MHA should get white peace and have no reps when the war is over, but by God they should have to sit through every moment of it.

Individual surrender terms are an insult that allow infra huggers to keep their precious pixels instead of doing what they swore to do by joining an alliance. I hope all PoW's we take are refused reentry for their treasonous behavior.

[quote name='Eff Jay' timestamp='1323482470' post='2871529']
Nah...you can surrender to us though. If not see you on the battlefield.
[/quote]
Not likely. CnG has a sanctioned AA and a formerly sanctioned AA, lets have a sanctioned PoW camp too.

There is no good reason for ever individually surrendering in an alliance war. I don't care if you're bill locked and your grandmother is bleeding to death on the bathroom floor, if that's the case, why do you give a damn if your nation burns?
[/quote]

James, please, stop. If your nation has a chance of being salvaged, there's no shame in surrender.... Well, there will be for RIA, but that's just small talk...

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1323487902' post='2871634']
I'm digging the [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=189605]first POW[/url].
[/quote]

Wow look at his bio:

"RL emergency - have to sit this one out. Hopefully I'll be back soon to drop some mushroom stamps... "

If that guy comes back and actually declares war, I hope he realizes he's going to be ZIed/ZTed.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1323489745' post='2871661']
Wow look at his bio:

"RL emergency - have to sit this one out. Hopefully I'll be back soon to drop some mushroom stamps... "

If that guy comes back and actually declares war, I hope he realizes he's going to be ZIed/ZTed.
[/quote]However, if he joins MK he will be greatly rewarded with years of abuse about that time he surrendered.

[/quote]

For once I agree with someone from RIA. Why would alliance want to admit traitors into their ranks once the war is over?

[/quote]

I agree. The guy who surrendered just looks like a fraud. "I'll come back when I'm not getting my ass handed to me".

[/quote]

How alliances want to handle these type of situations is up to them. As long as the person who is doing the surrendering has cleared it with his or her alliance (and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming this was cleared with MHA) I don't see how it's anyone's business to complain.

Besides these are sexy surrender terms. I'd surrender if I wasn't in CnG already.

[/quote]
Gentle Persons

This is the kind of revolting garbage that will eventually cause Digiterra to fail. I agree that if someone is trying to duck out on their alliance they are not taking their responsibilities seriously. However,"your grandmother is bleeding to death on the bathroom floor". Seriously grow up stop acting like a 14 year old punk who has never had to bear more responsibility than wiping your own face after stuffing it with food your mom cooked for you. Some of the people on Digiterra have real life problems and responsibilities well beyond your little mind to comprehend. We have in our alliance many who have suffered incredible loss and we do not put this Reality above the other because we actually all have the compassion and intelligence to live in both realms and care in both realms.

This realm is fun and a retreat for many when fools choose to make fun of the OOC issues to puff up their little e-assets it makes we want to throw up. Have fun in your wars but try to actually remember their are real people behind the nation leader. We know this and most on Digiterra do as well. Try joining the human race.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

[/quote]

[s]Your are absolutely right on Mr. Dahl. Though I myself support the other side in this conflict I deplore cowards that surrender at the earliest possible moment and think this was a complete disgrace towards the Mostly Harmless Alliance and her proud history. MHA is better off without him and I hope they ZI him after the war for being a traitor.[/s]

edit- I retract my unfortunate post.

Edited by masterbake

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1323537278' post='2872661']
Gentle Persons

This is the kind of revolting garbage that will eventually cause Digiterra to fail. I agree that if someone is trying to duck out on their alliance they are not taking their responsibilities seriously. However,"your grandmother is bleeding to death on the bathroom floor". Seriously grow up stop acting like a 14 year old punk who has never had to bear more responsibility than wiping your own face after stuffing it with food your mom cooked for you. Some of the people on Digiterra have real life problems and responsibilities well beyond your little mind to comprehend. We have in our alliance many who have suffered incredible loss and we do not put this Reality above the other because we actually all have the compassion and intelligence to live in both realms and care in both realms.

This realm is fun and a retreat for many when fools choose to make fun of the OOC issues to puff up their little e-assets it makes we want to throw up. Have fun in your wars but try to actually remember their are real people behind the nation leader. We know this and most on Digiterra do as well. Try joining the human race.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]

You seem mad, bro.

[quote name='masterbake' timestamp='1323538534' post='2872686']
Your are absolutely right on Mr. Dahl. Though I myself support the other side in this conflict I deplore cowards that surrender at the earliest possible moment and think this was a complete disgrace towards the Mostly Harmless Alliance and her proud history. MHA is better off without him and I hope they ZI him after the war for being a traitor.
[/quote]

I fought alongside Polemos in the last conflict MHA had, he is far from a traitor. Emergencies do happen. I woulda thought an ex hitchhiker knew better than to judge without knowing.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1323479805' post='2871488']
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We've had a good number of MHA nations ask us for a way out of the hurtin' already, and we are a sweet and merciful bunch, despite being pretty decent at pre-empts. Our terms aren't particularly dramatic, apologies for that.

[b]CnG POW for sanction 2012?[/b]

Love from

The Orange Defense Network, the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization, The Prolific Empire and Hooligans.
[/quote]

Damn it, Lalso.

I thought we agreed that the GATO POW AA was going to be "meowchwitz". :D

[/quote]

Because some people don't want to waste their pixels [u]uselessly[/u]. There is a difference between being willing to lose them for your alliance and just letting your nation burn uselessly because you have some RL issues which prevent you from actually waging war. It is actually beneficial for your alliance for you to surrender seeing how all the pixels you would have lost would have been lost for nothing and now you get to keep them and put them to use next time.

[quote name='generals3' timestamp='1323543863' post='2872746']
Because some people don't want to waste their pixels [u]uselessly[/u]. There is a difference between being willing to lose them for your alliance and just letting your nation burn uselessly because you have some RL issues which prevent you from actually waging war. It is actually beneficial for your alliance for you to surrender seeing how all the pixels you would have lost would have been lost for nothing and now you get to keep them and put them to use next time.
[/quote]

Alternatively, you can get a nation sitter! Well how about that?

Also, I would like to share some information of the battle harden opponents we face with everyone here, so that you may understand what a up-hill battle we face of getting them to surrender to us!

[quote]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=151995"][b]Cardboard[/b][/url]. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:
Desired Religion: Voodoo
Desired Government: Monarchy
Threat Level: Low
Tax Rate: [b]10%[/b]
Number of Spies: 800
Last Nuke Purchase: 2/24/2011 12:28:50 AM
Last Wonder Purchase: 12/6/2011
Total Money: [b]$51,807,902[/b]
Technology: 4,058.16 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 12/8/2011 5:45:59 PM
Trade Partners: Montevideo, aoug123
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 0
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 0
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 0
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:
Corvettes: 11
Landing Ships: 11
Battleships: 10
Cruisers: 9
Frigates: 8
Destroyers: 8
Submarines: 7
Aircraft Carriers: 7

Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified. [/quote]

[quote]
You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=233094"][b]Hillbilly Hl[/b][/url]. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:
Desired Religion: Shinto
Desired Government: Monarchy
Threat Level: Low
Tax Rate: [b]10[/b]%
Number of Spies: 0
Last Nuke Purchase: 5/5/2011 2:52:25 PM
Last Wonder Purchase: 10/22/2011
Total Money: [b]$964,071,566[/b]
Technology: 2,969.22 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 12/8/2011 1:39:50 PM
Trade Partners: Killostia, LUEshida, Aalborg, The Irons, Affluence
Total Aircraft: 71
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 234
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 405
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:
Corvettes: 11
Landing Ships: 11
Battleships: 10
Cruisers: 9
Frigates: 8
Destroyers: 8
Submarines: 7
Aircraft Carriers: 7

Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.[/quote]

[quote]
You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=176898&Extended=0"][b]IXWR Empire[/b][/url]. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Judaism
Desired Government: Federal Government
Threat Level: Severe
Tax Rate: [b]10%[/b]
Number of Spies: 800
Last Nuke Purchase: 7/25/2011 10:35:27 AM
Last Wonder Purchase: 8/7/2011
Total Money: [b]$3,417,819,190[/b] (lol how?)
Technology: 7,070.41 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 12/9/2011 7:50:39 AM
Trade Partners: New Hibernia, West India, Shadow Mix Nation, Wizeltons Crown, Vasionland
Total Aircraft: 105
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 918
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 27
Navy Purchases Today: 8
Navy Vessels:
Corvettes: 5
Landing Ships: 8
Battleships: 7
Cruisers: 7
Frigates: 6
Destroyers: 6
Submarines: 6
Aircraft Carriers: 6

Although the mission was a success your spies were caught, 20 spies were killed, and your identity has been publicly revealed.[/quote]

Unless I'm missing something here, 10% Tax Rate is maybe a glitch? If not.... rofl.

[quote name='scutterbug' timestamp='1323543420' post='2872737']
I fought alongside Polemos in the last conflict MHA had, he is far from a traitor. Emergencies do happen. I woulda thought an ex hitchhiker knew better than to judge without knowing.
[/quote]

You are of course right Scutter. I do not know the exact circumstances in this particular case. As a former Hitchhiker I guess my venom was that these RL emergencies seem to pop up a lot in MHA with certain nations when war breaks out and people run and hide at first chance of warfare. That said I do not know the circumstances of Polemos and I guess I owe him a public apology. Consider this that apology.

edit- I have since sent Polemos a pm apologizing for the slander. Apparently he has always fought bravely for MHA and has taken in nearly 3 million casualties for her. I hate admitting that I was wrong but I was and I am. Now everyone back to slaughtering each other.

Edited by masterbake

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1323537278' post='2872661']
Gentle Persons

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]

For those wondering if Hime is mad... no.. perhaps frustrated at some nation leaders who seem to overstate their "Let them burn" personality traits and disregard the "I've been there" or "I'm glad I've not had to deal with that" side of the coin. Either way, we all should remember these wise words. Have fun, blow stuff up, but be respectful of the decisions 1 person makes regardless of your personal beliefs of right or wrong. Mainly because none of you want to be judged by other peoples' standards when the situations are reversed. I have no doubt that the person in question is torn between Alliance "duty" and duty to one's self (RL). *(personally had to "abandon" my nation last year as my youngest heir had Open heart surgery. That relinquishment of "control" was an easy choice....)

Perhaps some of you can stop blustering like a peacock and move on. If a nation is destroyed here, it is has a great meaning to long time residents. To have to rebuild from nothing is no easy task and take years to realize. I personally give not a care for my nation, but more for my community and friendships, the sole reason for my remaining in charge of Ozekiland. My personal reasons are valid for staying as are others for leaving... but make no mistake, my other "duties" far outweigh my duty to my nation's subjects or my community's membership. Please keep that in mind as you continue your discourse in OWF discussions with your adversaries... hate their politics or affiliations to your hearts' desire, but provide respect for the national leader unless said leader profers none in return.

Best of luck to all sides in coming out "alive" in this multifaceted war! Rock their socks and have fun!

oo/

~Old man DC - POW Camp Chef and Gourmet "baby"back rib smoker :)

Edited by deathcat

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1323523530' post='2872497']
You mean we're not going to pay them money to surrender? :(

You guys do still have cookies right?
[/quote]

You have to admit, her message to you was hilarious. Loop holes and all.