Alliance of the Year 2011 - Nominations

Grealind

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1322971627' post='2861460']
What they have done is fairly obvious. Plus, Pacifica will have an awards ceremony that will cover everything. You should let Pacifica handle this as they have done it for years and have the experience in how to manage and organize it. Save yourself the time and stress of putting this together.
[/quote]

I couldn't remember who did it last year, and since we've lost a lot of people from last to this year, figured I would just spearhead this part of it at least. If Pacifica wants to take over on this one, that would be lovely. I just couldn't remember who did it last year, and if they were still around, so figured I'd do this. I dont mind the upkeep of this topic for them, either.

[quote name='Anson' timestamp='1322971324' post='2861450']
[color=#1C2837]We arent complete fail now. That's for starters. One of our members started the [/color][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106397"]Lets Do Something About It[/url][color=#1C2837] Campaign. The Leader (me) is running the [/color][url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/OWFNews"]OWFNews[/url][color=#1C2837] and [/color][url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Alliance_forums_and_IRC_list"]Alliance Forums and IRC list[/url][color=#1C2837]... what have each of the alliances you've nominated done this year to deserve being on the list?[/color]
[/quote]

So nothing important. OK.

I would like to nominate the [b]State of Unified Nations[/b] for this prestigious award. While SUN is technically a [i]rebellious province[/i] (SUN + Deck of Cards ----> Fly ----> merges into Athens) of Best Greece , whose members are currently [s]hiding[/s] on vacation in various alliances, mostly TLR and Olympus, they seem to have quietly reformed, closed in on a million NS without anyone really knowing about it, and being responsible for this absolute gem:

[quote]SUN's first foreign affairs crisis happened during May of 2011. A member of SUN by the name of El_barto grew frustrated with a seeming lack of organization on the SUN forums. El_barto raged at multiple government members over irc, culminating in him kicking a senior government member out of the channel. For his actions, SUN sentenced him to PZI. War was declared, and el_barto was anarchied. Two days after the incident, the alliance of Exodus accepted El_barto's application. Exodus' leadership demanded that reps be paid for the damages done prior to El_barto's acceptance. The leadership of SUN refused to pay what they perceived as "laughable terms." However, once Exodus' allies threatened to join in the war, there was only one reasonable choice for SUN to make. 24 million in reps was paid to various Exodus nations.[/quote]

This demonstrates SUN's greatness on 2 important levels. The first is that they sentenced a member to PZI in the first place for something he said on IRC. The second is that they then allowed an alliance to challenge their PZI sentence, back them off of it, and THEN force them to pay reps. SUN is thus not only incompetent at decisionmaking, but also ineffectual at executing the decisions they do make. They also appear to be as yellow as the sphere on which they reside. As such, I find that they have all of the most important traits vital to success on Planet Bob in 2011, and wholeheartedly recommend them without reservation for the award [u]Alliance of the Year 2011[/u].

Edited by Londo Mollari

I would go with one of the following:

[u]Nordreich[/u] for their leadership in forming the Mj bloc (NoR is the common denominator in that group. Also, Mj has been central at driving the political narrative that is just now coming to fruition)

[u]FARK[/u] for their leadership in putting together XX and setting the table for what should be a great showdown with their enemies

[u]Mushroom Kingdom[/u] for again co-opting a central role in this years defining political narrative

Ultimately I'd still probably go with Mushroom Kingdom

Edit: And yeah, I agree with Ardus, we should actually play out the year before making serious nominations. For instance, if FARK's side wins this war....

Edited by eyriq