Alliance of the Year 2011 - Nominations

Grealind

I have not seen this yet, so I'm going to pretend that it has not yet been posted. Nominations for Alliance of the Year 2011.

Nominations are open until January 10, 2012 11:59pm Game time. Voting will happen from January 10 to January 20th ending at 11:59pm game time.

Could someone volunteer their time to design the graphics? If so, contact me on these forums please.

List:
CCC
Deinos
FAN
Farkistan
The German Empire
IRON
The Last Remnants
MHA
Mushroom Kingdom
New Pacific Order
New Polar Order
Non Grata
Nordreich
RIA
Sparta
State of Unified Nations
Umbrella
Viridian Entente

See Also: [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107113"]New/Reformed Alliance of the Year 2011 Nominations[/url]

Edited by Anson

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1322969147' post='2861381']
NONE

They are the oldest existing alliance to ever exist and, everyday, deal with pesky tech raiders by the dozens. Yet they still persist; they deserve recognition.
[/quote]

lol?

The German Empire should be no where on the list. No offense but what has your alliance done?

Alliance of the year will be from the usual suspects - the game changers and those in the middle of all the action.

The Order of the Paradox
Mushroom Kingdom
Farkistan
New Pacific Order
FAN
Viridian Entente
New Polar Order
Umbrella

Edited: to add TOP and make Crispy happy ;)

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1322969622' post='2861398']
The German Empire should be no where on the list. No offense but what has your alliance done?

Alliance of the year will be from the usual suspects - the game changers and those in the middle of all the action.

[/quote]

Yeah, we're not going to win, but hey, why not. The Alliance of the Year will be decided by the community at large.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1322969711' post='2861402']
Because events pertinent to the process are still unfolding, especially with war abouts.
[/quote]

So nominations are not allowed... why exactly? I must be rather slow tonight, because I am not able to follow your thought process.

Edited by Anson

[quote name='Anson' timestamp='1322969771' post='2861405']
So nominations are not allowed... why exactly? I must be rather slow tonight, because I am not able to follow your thought process.
[/quote]
You're nominating people for an award for 2011. 2011 is not over yet. We therefore do not have the full list of acts, events, and evidence that would allow people to weigh what alliances should be nominated (implying people don't just all nominate their own alliance or their allies). Somebody might get not get nominated, only to turn around and do something utterly amazing in the next month or so (which is possible given the present and growing conflict).

I do not understand why you're in a hurry to do this.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1322970108' post='2861419']
You're nominating people for an award for 2011. 2011 is not over yet. We therefore do not have the full list of acts, events, and evidence that would allow people to weigh what alliances should be nominated (implying people don't just all nominate their own alliance or their allies). Somebody might get not get nominated, only to turn around and do something utterly amazing in the next month or so (which is possible given the present and growing conflict).

[/quote]

I'm not in a hurry by any means. I'm simply posting this up so that those who want to nominate themselves or their allies have ample amount of time to do so. Just because this is here doesn't mean that people have to take advantage of it right this split second.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1322969622' post='2861398']

Mushroom Kingdom
Farkistan
New Pacific Order
FAN
Viridian Entente
New Polar Order
Umbrella
[/quote]

Lol. We should have got in on some action or done something, TOP really missed out this year.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1322970108' post='2861419']

[/quote]
Not sure what the big deal is, Neil Young was already named 2011 Canadian artist of the year.

[quote name='Crispy99' timestamp='1322970739' post='2861438']
Lol. We should have got in on some action or done something, TOP really missed out this year.
[/quote]
What have you guys done? I typed up the first names that came to mind and somehow I left you guys off but you do belong on the list alongside the others ;)

I edited my post - [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107114&view=findpost&p=2861398"]Added TOP[/url]

[quote name='Anson' timestamp='1322971324' post='2861450']
We arent complete fail now. That's for starters. One of our members started the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106397"]Lets Do Something About It[/url] Campaign. The Leader (me) is running the [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/OWFNews"]OWFNews[/url] and [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Alliance_forums_and_IRC_list"]Alliance Forums and IRC list[/url]... what have each of the alliances you've nominated done this year to deserve being on the list?
[/quote]
The post you just quoted was not directed at you...it was directed a Crispy because he noted that I left TOP off the list I had posted earlier. And I was joking when I asked Crispy what TOP had done this year.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1322971483' post='2861457']
The post you just quoted was not directed at you...it was directed a Crispy because he noted that I left TOP off the list I had posted earlier. And I was joking when I asked Crispy what TOP had done this year.
[/quote]

Ah, my sincerest apologies then.

[quote name='Anson' timestamp='1322971324' post='2861450']
what have each of the alliances you've nominated done this year to deserve being on the list?
[/quote]
What they have done is fairly obvious. Plus, Pacifica will have an awards ceremony that will cover everything. You should let Pacifica handle this as they have done it for years and have the experience in how to manage and organize it. Save yourself the time and stress of putting this together.