R&R Cancellation

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In many ways, I dislike the notion that one must have a signed treaty to be friends (Sup FAN?), do you sign treaties with your personal friends? No.

But, being as this is the political climate here -- they're necessary only in the sense that they show what side you're on. I have an affection for those who just do whatever....

At any rate, I wish the best to both.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1319213736' post='2829945']
In many ways, I dislike the notion that one must have a signed treaty to be friends (Sup FAN?), do you sign treaties with your personal friends? [/quote]

I have a marriage certificate buried deep in a drawer somewhere. Though I will admit my personal friend/wife has broken the implied intelligence clause so often, I wonder if that certificate is still valid?

Anyways, good luck to both alliances.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1319087892' post='2829092']
I love watching from the sideline as people sign treaties because of friendships despite political realities while claiming friendship supersedes politics, and then cancel treaties with friends because of political realities while claiming that friendship doesn't need formalities.

Let's call a horse a horse.
[/quote]

Schattenmann, you are a horse. You were in your prime in the days of Vox. Now your whinnies sound old and wheezy and soon you will be sent to the glue factory, I am sure.

:awesome:

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1319218090' post='2829984']
I have a marriage certificate buried deep in a drawer somewhere. Though I will admit my personal friend/wife has broken the implied intelligence clause so often, I wonder if that certificate is still valid?

[/quote]

That's not a treaty, that's signing your life away :P

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1319147079' post='2829458']
Lies, MK told NPO to tell Olympus to tell Valhalla to tell IRON to do it.
Stop trying to take all the credit again.
[/quote]

Lies Umbrella told GOONS who told MK to tell the NPO to tell Olympus to tell Valhalla to tell IRON to cancel it.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1319243528' post='2830195']
Lies Umbrella told GOONS who told MK to tell the NPO to tell Olympus to tell Valhalla to tell IRON to cancel it.
[/quote]

No R&R told FOK to tell Umbrella who told GOONS to tell MK to talk to the NPO with Olympus to tell Valhalla to tell IRON to cancel it.

Typical treaty web news -_-

[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1319083879' post='2829042']
Wow, that would make our whole military communication thing really awkward.... it'd be like having STA in your coalition channel.
[/quote]
Absolutley love the reference here.

Very clever. ^_^

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1319218090' post='2829984']

[/quote]

Bravo, good sir. Bravo. You just made my morning.

[quote name='Gofastleft' timestamp='1319288945' post='2830441']
And so goes one of the last pieces of "Orange Unity"

I would like to add that this treaty was activated once.
[/quote]
When, exactly? I don't recall it myself, and that comment comes up frequently whenever this treaty has been discussed in the past.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1319243528' post='2830195']
[/quote]

Lies. It was I who orchestrated the whole thing.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1319160464' post='2829563']
Wouldn't surprise me, but I think they just knew it was a choice that needed to be made.
[/quote]

Oh dear this is poor even by your vigorously terrible standards. :huh:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1319299645' post='2830505']
When, exactly? I don't recall it myself, and that comment comes up frequently whenever this treaty has been discussed in the past.
[/quote]

The 1V-GATO war, when R&R hit CSN.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1319314600' post='2830593']
Sadly, it was never activated when there was an actual need.
[/quote]

I was just pointing out that it had been used once, even if it was not really needed at that time. In fact it was R&R that went to Iron when CSN countered Iron offering help.

This treaty was signed in a different time, Friendship was partly involved but it was more for Orange Unity. I know Sphere unity is a foreign concept to many in this age but back then Orange was working hard to get along after several months of bickering, accusations, misunderstandings etc. By the time this treaty was really needed by either side the political standings had changed and both alliances had drifted to opposite political sides. That it stood this long when there were allies on both sides hoping to see it end speaks a lot for the leadership and the friendship of R&R and Iron.