Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1317306502' post='2811640']
The straw that would break the camel's back for me was if they gave no indication that negotiations were over before they declared. Declarations during negotiations are [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54743"]ALWAYS a good idea that go exactly according to plan[/url].

It takes a lot to make me even consider joining Polar, but this is damn close.[/quote]

Even now you don't get that the whole NPO-OV thing was a set up? :lol1:

That NPO could be made to be spun as appearing to attack during peace talks (mostly through the dragging out of said talks for no good reason) was just the cherry on the top the sundae.

Anyway, I've never known NG (or the alliances that came together to form it) to want to have long, meaningful conversations regarding their feelings and emotions about an issue and desiring affirmation through interaction and mutual contemplation. I have seen them shoot people though. Were I at odds with them, I'd assume that they were more prone to do the latter than the former and chose my words carefully. If UPN thought something else...oh boy. :facepalm:

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1317305973' post='2811634']
How many people here make more than 30 million a day? You can't find 10 slots in an alliance of over 100 nations?

every part of this is deserved.
[/quote]

This.

This is dumb. Who is running negotiations at UPN? They need to be fired.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1317307759' post='2811661']
Even now you don't get that the whole NPO-OV thing was a set up? :lol1:

That NPO could be made to be spun as appearing to attack during peace talks (mostly through the dragging out of said talks for no good reason) was just the cherry on the top the sundae.

Anyway, I've never known NG (or the alliances that came together to form it) to want to have long, meaningful conversations regarding their feelings and emotions about an issue and desiring affirmation through interaction and mutual contemplation. I have seen them shoot people though. Were I at odds with them, I'd assume that they were more prone to do the latter than the former and chose my words carefully. If UPN thought something else...oh boy. :facepalm:
[/quote]
I more than realize that, however it's a good image as to how stuff like that can blow up in your face and make an already terrible situation even worse. That speech, bolstered by the image of NPO attacking during talks galavanized the community against them.

Glad to see you're close to agreeing with my appraisal of NG though.

IIRC I've also personally played that spin before, but not here...

Edited by deth2munkies

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1317298178' post='2811566']
Want to know what everyone assumes the P stands for in NpO?

The door, it swings both ways.
[/quote]

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317298390' post='2811569']
I would love to know the extent of your creativity crayon kiddy. Entertain me
[/quote]

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1317299879' post='2811581']
"crayon kiddy"

That is just glorious.

Also the p stands for "get stomped, talk !@#$, get stomped, talk !@#$, get stomped, talk !@#{:content:}quot; [b]P[/b]ay reps.
[/quote]

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1317300066' post='2811585']
So it is NgstsgstsgstsprO, then?

I bit of a moutful don't you think? I can't see it catching on.
[/quote]

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1317300299' post='2811587']
It rolls off the tongue like butter once you master it.
[/quote]

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1317300378' post='2811588']
I just keep spitting all over my screen. I'll keep practising!
[/quote]

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1317300568' post='2811590']
Don't force it, let it come to you organically.
[/quote]

Thanks for making my morning!!! [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/lol1.gif[/img][img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/lol1.gif[/img][img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/lol1.gif[/img]

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1317303604' post='2811615']
lolwut, This game needs some epic spicing up and a war sounds just about perfect right now.
[/quote]

For an alliance who surrendered after only for 12 days last war and abandoned their allies, your hungriness for war is just hilarious.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1317307114' post='2811650']
Godspeed, Non Grata. I am supremely jealous.
[/quote]

I wonder how much tech they acquired last night, personally. Can anyone do a check and subtract any tech aid being sent to an NG nation? (ooc: i'm at work and don't want to log in here)

So right now I want to point out we have on the table a pledge of 60mil in reparations from Polar, 30mil from Grub and 30mil from D34th. (Someone in my alliance says there's a 3rd offer, for a total of 90mil up, but if so I missed it) I'd personally love to see NG accept these reparations and peace out. Then afterwards we can all have a few laughs about UPN's inability to pay such a small amount and the need to get a bailout from Polar.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317309139' post='2811675']
So right now I want to point out we have on the table a pledge of 60mil in reparations from Polar, 30mil from Grub and 30mil from D34th. (Someone in my alliance says there's a 3rd offer, for a total of 90mil up, but if so I missed it) I'd personally love to see NG accept these reparations and peace out. Then afterwards we can all have a few laughs about UPN's inability to pay such a small amount and the need to get a bailout from Polar.
[/quote]

That's right, I also offered $30 million.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317309042' post='2811673']
For an alliance who surrendered after only for 12 days last war and abandoned their allies, your hungriness for war is just hilarious.
[/quote]
GATO is on the cool side now.

This seems like a solid CB for NG. I really can't blame them. I wouldn't underestimate UPN however. I wouldn't overestimate them either, but they aren't as bad as some say imo. They definitly improved sticking out the whole VE War.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317309139' post='2811675']
[/quote]
Something tells me that Non Grata will most likely dismiss the money, but value the gesture given.

[quote name='brokenhead' timestamp='1317309347' post='2811678']
[/quote]

Thank you for saving me the trouble of slogging through this thread. So we now have 90mil on the table. That is 3x damages, what NG would normally actually ask for. Given its UPN they're attacking, I doubt they've taken much resembling damage in the war itself... so the question is will they take it?

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1317307553' post='2811658']
I'm trying to figure out when alliances started protecting their tech raiders. Maybe I just live too much in the STA bubble, but if one of our raiders finds himself in trouble over a raid, we're willing to discuss it with the government of the raider's alliance, as far as offering to order the raider to peace out, but that's about it. In the majority of situations, anything beyond that is up to the raider to resolve, and if it comes down to the raidee's alliance wanting to fight the raider, we're not likely to defend, except in very rare circumstances.

I suppose there's a difference here though, in that it was a member of government.

You see, alliances which allow raiding, if you allow your members to raid anything other than NONE, you'd better have some darn generous and conciliatory policies in place for when things go wrong.
[/quote]

This was IRON's exact policy when we allowed tech raiding.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1317307276' post='2811654']
To be fair, UPN have not been bawwing. They screwed up, clearly. But they're not stinking up the OWF. Others are doing that most efficiently.
[/quote]
We aren't bawwing as you say, but don't take that to mean we think we're in the wrong. We think we handled this situation maturely. Us and NG disagreed on what the terms would be. NG thought that it was actual damages + the 'damages' for messing up a collections round + the fact that he was in government. We thought that it should be only actual damages. So they offered 30 Million, we counter-offered 6 million. They could have countered our counter and we'd have said yes, but no, this is what happened.

[quote name='brokenhead' timestamp='1317309347' post='2811678']
[/quote]

That's kind of difficult to do now considering you have 4/5 of your aid slots full, filling 1 of those 15 minutes ago. For someone that was looking to solve the conflict, you seem to be writing checks that you're not totally committed to having cashed (atleast without delay).

[quote name='Dexomega' timestamp='1317309737' post='2811688']
We aren't bawwing as you say, but don't take that to mean we think we're in the wrong. We think we handled this situation maturely. Us and NG disagreed on what the terms would be. NG thought that it was actual damages + the 'damages' for messing up a collections round + the fact that he was in government. We thought that it should be only actual damages. So they offered 30 Million, we counter-offered 6 million. They could have countered our counter and we'd have said yes, but no, this is what happened.
[/quote]

How are damages from messing up a collection not actual damages? If someone raided me and cost me 30M by screwing up my collection, I'd expect it to be paid.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317309695' post='2811684']
Thank you for saving me the trouble of slogging through this thread. So we now have 90mil on the table. That is 3x damages, what NG would normally actually ask for. Given its UPN they're attacking, I doubt they've taken much resembling damage in the war itself... so the question is will they take it?
[/quote]

That would require UPN to be willing to surrender first.

[quote name='Dexomega' timestamp='1317309737' post='2811688']
[/quote]

So basically you failed in negotiations, then you were attacked. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317309695' post='2811684']
[/quote]
For just pennies a day, you too can help a UPN nation live for another week.

[quote name='trance addict' timestamp='1317309960' post='2811694']
That's kind of difficult to do now considering you have 4/5 of your aid slots full, filling 1 of those 15 minutes ago. For someone that was looking to solve the conflict, you seem to be writing checks that you're not totally committed to having cashed (atleast without delay).
[/quote]

Sorry, that tech just looked too delicious to reject.

I have six aid slots, which means I could send $6 million immediately. I'm sure my homies in the NpO will spot me the remaining $24 million; I'll pay them back (with delay).

Edit: I just realized we used to be trade partners. Brothers4Life.

Edited by brokenhead

Well we now have our [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105649]Official Save UPN Fund[/url], so anyone else looking to make a donation to NG to get them to spare UPN, this is the place you want to go to make your pledges.