Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317277264' post='2811311']
Today or tomorrow, what really is the difference?
[/quote]

Well really today is today and tomorrow is tomorrow, so yeah there is your difference. Just saying...

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1317277070' post='2811303']
Hear that? No? It's the sound of my point flying right over your head.

Like I mean, come on, if you're going to disregard my post, go ahead, but don't try so hard to prove my point in the damn response to my claims.

RoK made new friends. We adapted. And guess what, we're doing pretty okay now. Polar is still living in 2009. Get over yourselves and your holier-than-thou attitude, because it's that attitude that is causing your faces to get stomped in every war, not some sort of "baiting" from other alliances.
[/quote]

Bob I don't really understand why you let your treaties decide who you like or dislike.
I loved you guys as allies and now I still do. What is so wrong with not being ready to ditch friends? They don't have an expiry date you know.
The rest I kind of agree with most of the peanut gallery with. It's put up or shut up, as such I'll exit the thread until we decide which to do.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1317277988' post='2811336']

90% of the posters in this thread would gladly reverse their opinion if they were in the opposite situation.
[/quote]

No joke.

Granted, UPN didn't take the smart path but most of the people roasting the guy doing the raiding would normally argue tooth and nail that a notice of protection should be in every bio.

It even seems like it was some kind of term recently. Maybe with the NAAC guys. Maybe before that. Don't recall right now.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1317277988' post='2811336']
90% of the posters in this thread would gladly reverse their opinion if they were in the opposite situation.
[/quote]

I totally agree with you, sadly in cyberverse doesn't matter what you are doing, just if you are an ally or not. That's [b]one of the reasons[/b](I know there are plenty of other reasons) that so many people hate me, I support behaviors and principles not friends or alliances.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317277998' post='2811337']
So you are saying if I offered to pay the 30 million the crisis would be averted? Be still my beating heart. IF I believed that I would simply send half now and half in 10 days. Feel free to accept the offer if thats all it takes.

I would even throw in an apology on behalf of my ally.
[/quote]

I'm not part of NG, so I can't guarantee it would work, but seriously wtf could it hurt to try? If nothing else you call them out on this not being about reparations, which is more than what is being done now. Because as far as I can tell Polar's reaction is "Pretend like UPN did nothing wrong, and go to peace mode", neither of which particularly helps UPN.

edit:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317278347' post='2811348']
I totally agree with you, sadly in cyberverse doesn't matter what you are doing, just if you are an ally or not. That's [b]one of the reasons[/b](I know there are plenty of other reasons) that so many people hate me, I support behaviors and principles not friends or alliances.
[/quote]

If this were true you wouldn't be supporting tech raiding and refusing to pay reparations. You are at this very moment supporting an alliance rather than principles.

Edited by Seerow

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1317277969' post='2811335']
laughs

Sorry upset I told you to shut up on another post? You will be okay. There is nothing wrong with ANY alliance working on or being happy about removing a target (or having a target removed). Nothing like an upset member (ex-member) crying a bit because he got slapped. You will survive. Run along now.
[/quote]

My personal opinion is that your FA path or work recently is far from lazy. You have been putting in huge amounts of works to build relationships with people I'd have never thought.

Also obligatory LOL UPN.

I hope NpO bite.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317277634' post='2811324']
Lazy is the FA path chosen by Pacifica. It is frustrating that the statement below is very true. You are selling out just to rejoin the power structure. You guys are all so happy that the target is off Pacifica's back and giggling like school girls because TLR and NG showed interest.

Brehon, shut up.
[/quote]

I would rather work with Pacifica to burn Polar than roll Pacifica again. Get out. For an ex-member of the Order you can't even form an argument to put them down. They've dropped a lot of dead weight ally wise and are moving into greener pastures instead of stagnating. I swear I don't remember you during my time in the Order but did application standards go down after I left because I know for a fact I'd have hounded you if you were there back in the day.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1317277969' post='2811335']
laughs

Sorry upset I told you to shut up on another post? You will be okay. There is nothing wrong with ANY alliance working on or being happy about removing a target (or having a target removed). Nothing like an upset member (ex-member) crying a bit because he got slapped. You will survive. Run along now.
[/quote]
I don't care about being told "shut up". It's the whole alliance policy of walking on eggshells and getting cozy with enemies just to get back some power. You know full well getting ties to the stronger side of the web has nothing to do with friendship or because you actually like anyone in TLR or NG or whoever is next on your cozy list. I would have rather fought and stayed true than sold out.

I rather run along than be on my knees. Your neck sore from bobbing up and down? You will survive, Brehon. You'll have no dignity, but you will survive.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1317278430' post='2811352']
did application standards go down after I left because I know for a fact I'd have hounded you if you were there back in the day.
[/quote]

There's some people we keep around just for days like this, so we can all rejoice when they get out.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317277847' post='2811332']
It must be refreshing to not be the most hated alliance in the game? Pity you are a mere shell of what you were.
[/quote]Keep holding on to that pity and our shell that you still claim to know. But really since Polar has always and will always try to one up the NPO, do what you gotta do. Get as many nations in PM as possible, so maybe you can pay more reps than we have and still exist. Just sayin :awesome:

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1317278578' post='2811357']
And not the last to come, either.
[/quote]

You seem to be keen, so fill your boots. Pile on, kick and stab and release the beast inside Crymson.... it wont help, you will still be what you are and I will still be who I am... and we can hate each other forever and ever.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317278513' post='2811355']
I don't care about being told "shut up". It's the whole alliance policy of walking on eggshells and getting cozy with enemies just to get back some power. You know full well getting ties to the stronger side of the web has nothing to do with friendship or because you actually like anyone in TLR or NG or whoever is next on your cozy list. I would have rather fought and stayed true than sold out.

I rather run along than be on my knees. Your neck sore from bobbing up and down? You will survive, Brehon. You'll have no dignity, but you will survive.
[/quote]

I appreciate you know nothing about our FA stuff or walking eggshells. You clearly... I mean CLEARLY have never been a part of conversations we have had in and out of the alliance. Friend and foe alike know I don't play the cute and cuddly game.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317277635' post='2811325']
First, when Rok became part of this conversation? We are talking about Polaris and your irrational hate for us, please don't bring Rok to this conversations since I like and respect them even when you try so hard to make me chance my opinion about them.

So you hate us because we are consistent and because we value our ideals and principles and we aren't inclined to trade them for a position of power? I can live with your hate then.
[/quote]

We became a part of the conversation as soon as you accused me of posting in the interest of "earning a spot at the table of power".

Whoops.

[img]http://i53.tinypic.com/2e51j42.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1317278753' post='2811360']
Keep holding on to that pity and our shell that you still claim to know. But really since Polar has always and will always try to one up the NPO, do what you gotta do. Get as many nations in PM as possible, so maybe you can pay more reps than we have and still exist. Just sayin :awesome:
[/quote]

You kid yourself kid.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317278762' post='2811361']
You seem to be keen, so fill your boots. Pile on, kick and stab and release the beast inside Crymson.... it wont help, you will still be what you are and I will still be who I am... and we can hate each other forever and ever.
[/quote]

We're waiting. Believe me on this.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317278381' post='2811350']
If this were true you wouldn't be supporting tech raiding and refusing to pay reparations. You are at this very moment supporting an alliance rather than principles.
[/quote]
I'm not sure how he's supporting tech raiding when he sides with his ally over an attacking alliance who tech raids very openly, the hypocrisy in how UPN is being treated compared to another tech raiding alliance with more of the same allies as Non Grata or how Non Grata would expect to be treated is obvious. Also someone can oppose both tech raiding and reparations, that he doesn't think UPN should need to pay $30m over a tech raid doesn't mean he supports tech raiding.

I don't see anything wrong with Non Grata starting a war with UPN here, but lets not get overly caught up in pretending its due to UPN tech raiding.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317278347' post='2811348']

Responding to: 90% of the posters in this thread would gladly reverse their opinion if they were in the opposite situation.

I totally agree with you, sadly in cyberverse doesn't matter what you are doing, just if you are an ally or not. That's one of the reasons(I know there are plenty of other reasons) that so many people hate me, I support behaviors and principles not friends or alliances.[/quote]

I love this. You belong to an alliance that on one occasion threatened war over a tech raid, and on another actually engaged in war over a tech raid.
During one of those occasions, your now-emperor criticised that in MK's response to the Athens incident: "I don't see anything about the consequences of tech raiding."
So tell me, When did 'the consequences of a tech raid' stop being the point of contention? Did it suddenly become [b]extortion[/b] when one of your allies had to deal with it?

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1317278989' post='2811365']
We're waiting. Believe me on this.
[/quote]

Who is we? You change alliances more often than you do underpants. You are as irrelevant now as you ever were, joining the coolish kids is not a big deal. You are simply a twit who has never done anything but likes to pretend he is TrollMaster2000.

You know where my nation is, I dont hide.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1317278394' post='2811351']
My personal opinion is that your FA path or work recently is far from lazy. You have been putting in huge amounts of works to build relationships with people I'd have never thought.

Also obligatory LOL UPN.

I hope NpO bite.
[/quote]
Relationships? Dude, they don't like any of you guys. The work is simply to avoid being rolled any time a war rolls around. It gets the job done I suppose.

I'm neither here nor there on this one.

Raiding aligned nations is always a risk and when you trip a mine you pay up reps, usually above to odds. I also have trouble believing a raid on a 20K and a 30K nation did only 3 million in damages but without the reports to calculate anything from it is just my opinion based on experience.

On the other hand it was made clear to UPN that 30 million was the lowest offer and that not accepting it meant war. This was a little high-handed and a contradiction of some of the rhetoric here about UPN not negotiating. It is tough to negotiate with someone not interested in negotiation.

But, as with most things these days this appears to be another "foot-in-the-door" opportunity to have a crack as another couple of alliances by the usual suspects.

Have fun guys.