A New Pacific Order Foreign Affairs Announcement

Farrin Xies

tldr: How dare an underling sign a treaty that the big boss man does not approve of, especially when the aforementioned big boss man is trying to make new friends.

Bad underling bad! :awesome:

On a serious note, it saddens me to see how easily such a long lasting friendship can be discarded for the sake of new friendships. It's ok Invicta, I will still be your friend (just don't tell RV, he will beat me with his beating stick).

Edited by Charles Stuart

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1314865350' post='2792109']
Oh Charles, you clearly know us so well. [/sarcasm]
[/quote]

No sarcasm needed old comrade.I did spend a year with you guys so it is no surprise that I have a general idea of how things work. If something does pop up that eludes my understanding then I just have to ask a few of my friends still residing within NPO. Not all people forget former friends so easily when it suits them to.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1314859572' post='2792074']
Xiphosis claims to know, ask him.
[/quote]
[quote name='ShotgunWilly' timestamp='1314859718' post='2792075']
Not the first time reasons for a change in treaty status have been withheld. It won't be the last. Too bad for you. ^_^

Other than that, what Farrin said.
[/quote]
hawhaw. Yes I know that it's a common practice, I'm just saying that it's stupid. And no not because I particularly care about the intricacies of NPO-Invicta relations, but because when you withhold the reason you leave a void that's going to be filled with [i]something[/i]. And that something is not likely to be particularly complimentary, since as was pointed out, it's going to be coming from people like Xiphosis. Especially since people are generally going to assume it's something bad when you withhold anyway, because if it is just diverging paths and goals or lack of communication or whatever, why not just say so? But what do I know right?

Other than that, u r rly tuff invicta guy D:

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1314860344' post='2792086']
The reasons were complicated and none of the public's business. Two great allies growing apart isn't exactly something that everybody needs to know.[/quote]
Why not? If they're growing apart, why not say that? Why is it treated like some horrible little secret?

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1314866404' post='2792111']
No sarcasm needed old comrade.I did spend a year with you guys so it is no surprise that I have a general idea of how things work. If something does pop up that eludes my understanding then I just have to ask a few of my friends still residing within NPO. [u]Not all people forget former friends so easily when it suits them to.[/u]
[/quote]

*zing*

I just had to highlight this little gem incase anyone missed it.

[quote]And that something is not likely to be particularly complimentary, since as was pointed out, it's going to be coming from people like Xiphosis.[/quote]

To be fair, not exactly slinging mud or dragging it out here. Just saying that I called this back in June.

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1314867531' post='2792123']
Clearly I should take care of my alliance duties before I begin my [ooc]RL[/ooc] partying. :P
[/quote]

CN would actually be more awesome if people would [ooc]party[/ooc] and [ooc]drink[/ooc] regularly before posting. ;)

So let me get this straight. Back in Karma every single of your allies (to my knowledge) cancels on you except Invicta, including TPF. Invicta alone honours their treaty and comes out of Karma as NPO’s closest ally. You didn’t really care about them prior to Karma, they were just another of your allies who then turned out to be the only ones who would stick by you. In the months that follow you’re not allowed to sign a treaty according to surrender terms but Invicta stay close to you when nobody else will. When you eventually come out of terms Invicta are one of the first people you sign a treaty with. In every war since, they have fought for you and were prepared to die for you. They moved to the red sphere because it was unpopulated and they wanted sphere buddies, and you were such close friends that you wanted to be on the same team.

I wasn’t too concerned with this announcement initially because I thought perhaps the relationship had declined and there was a genuine lapse in communication. But then I talk to a couple of people in queries and soon find out the real story. NPO realised a while ago that they didn’t need Invicta anymore. They’re trying to treaty a bunch of people who don’t like Invicta much (largely because they are affiliated so strongly with NPO) and thus they are a hindrance to people signing with them, plus they don’t boast any significant military ability. NPO’s behaviour soon reflects this. Brehon literally called Invicta a ‘second rate !@#$ alliance’ in one of their joint channels a couple of months ago. Ironically, Xiph actually called this in July and told Invicta that NPO would cancel on them. Invicta did not believe them, so Xiph talked to SOS Brigade and told them to tell Invicta, and Invicta reiterated that their relationship with NPO was too strong and they truly did not believe that NPO would cancel.

Brehon and his buddies start looking for an excuse to cancel or downgrade, and find one with this SOS thing. NPO downgraded and now people applaud them for it. Well you know what, everyone knows I don’t like NPO much, and I’m sure the responses to my post will be along the lines of ‘lol Francesca, you should just get over the grudge’, but speaking objectively I think Invicta has every right to be pissed with the callous way that NPO used and dropped them. I *told* Haflinger NPO would $%&@ them over at some point. Just drop the damn treaty, it couldn’t be clearer that they don’t care in the slightest about you.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1314872290' post='2792140']
So let me get this straight. Back in Karma every single of your allies (to my knowledge) cancels on you except Invicta, including TPF. Invicta alone honours their treaty and comes out of Karma as NPO’s closest ally. You didn’t really care about them prior to Karma, they were just another of your allies who then turned out to be the only ones who would stick by you. In the months that follow you’re not allowed to sign a treaty according to surrender terms but Invicta stay close to you when nobody else will. When you eventually come out of terms Invicta are one of the first people you sign a treaty with. In every war since, they have fought for you and were prepared to die for you. They moved to the red sphere because it was unpopulated and they wanted sphere buddies, and you were such close friends that you wanted to be on the same team.

I wasn’t too concerned with this announcement initially because I thought perhaps the relationship had declined and there was a genuine lapse in communication. But then I talk to a couple of people in queries and soon find out the real story. NPO realised a while ago that they didn’t need Invicta anymore. They’re trying to treaty a bunch of people who don’t like Invicta much (largely because they are affiliated so strongly with NPO) and thus they are a hindrance to people signing with them, plus they don’t boast any significant military ability. NPO’s behaviour soon reflects this. Brehon literally called Invicta a ‘second rate !@#$ alliance’ in one of their joint channels a couple of months ago. Ironically, Xiph actually called this in July and told Invicta that NPO would cancel on them. Invicta did not believe them, so Xiph talked to SOS Brigade and told them to tell Invicta, and Invicta reiterated that their relationship with NPO was too strong and they truly did not believe that NPO would cancel.

Brehon and his buddies start looking for an excuse to cancel or downgrade, and find one with this SOS thing. NPO downgraded and now people applaud them for it. Well you know what, everyone knows I don’t like NPO much, and I’m sure the responses to my post will be along the lines of ‘lol Francesca, you should just get over the grudge’, but speaking objectively I think Invicta has every right to be pissed with the callous way that NPO used and dropped them. I *told* Haflinger NPO would $%&@ them over at some point. Just drop the damn treaty, it couldn’t be clearer that they don’t care in the slightest about you.
[/quote]
A couple of details needs tweaking, but pretty much spot on.

Edited by Locke

So let me get this straight. Back in Karma every single of your allies (to my knowledge) cancels on you except Invicta, including TPF.
[/quote]

Actually a number of alliances didn't cancel on NPO during the Karma War, including UPN, Legion and others. The Coalition of Cowards (that did cancel) consisted of NPO's "allies" in the Continuum and One Vision Blocs.

However I agree with your general point. Invicta (and Legion before them) deserved better than this.

[/quote]

Y'know Fran... I mean Kalasin, your continual screeds against the NPO would be a lot more amusing if they had any factual basis.

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1314874051' post='2792148']
Y'know Fran... I mean Kalasin, your continual screeds against the NPO would be a lot more amusing if they had any factual basis.
[/quote]

Oh really? Would you mind pointing out please exactly what part of my post was factually incorrect? Was it the part about Invicta's undying loyalty to you in Karma and beyond? Or was it the part about Brehon calling Invicta a 'second rate !@#$ alliance'? Answer me frankly: did he or did he not describe Invicta in those terms? Yes or no will suffice.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1314874299' post='2792149']
Oh really? Would you mind pointing out please exactly what part of my post was factually incorrect? Was it the part about Invicta's undying loyalty to you in Karma and beyond? Or was it the part about Brehon calling Invicta a 'second rate !@#$ alliance'? Answer me frankly: did he or did he not describe Invicta in those terms? Yes or no will suffice.
[/quote]

I'm not Brehon's keeper. You'll have to ask him if that's something he's ever actually said. The part of your post I took umbrage with was your overall insinuation that we had some kind of "Disregard Invicta, acquire..." mentality. That is 100% absolutely false. Am I gonna get into why we actually did in more depth than what's already been stated by NPO officials, including myself, in this post? Absolutely not. Believe all you want in your backchannels, but 99% of the crap you're hearing is just that - crap.

"Herpaderp, I really want to cancel or downgrade on Invicta, let's make up a reason!" No. You think this was easy for us? For precisely the reasons you mentioned - the history between the NPO and Invicta - this was absolutely not. We're not going to cancel or downgrade on such a close ally who has stood by us and shed so much blood for us for shiggles, and anyone who tells you otherwise, frankly, has their heads shoved far up somewhere unpleasant.

Edited by Farrin Xies

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1314874660' post='2792151']
I'm not Brehon's keeper. You'll have to ask him if that's something he's ever actually said. The part of your post I took umbrage was your overall insinuation that we had some kind of "Disregard Invicta, acquire..." mentality. That is 100% absolutely false. Am I gonna get into why we actually did in more depth than what's already been stated by NPO officials, including myself, in this post? Absolutely not. Believe all you want in your backchannels, but 99% of the crap you're hearing is just that - crap.

"Herpaderp, I really want to cancel or downgrade on Invicta, let's make up a reason!" No. You think this was easy for us? For precisely the reasons you mentioned - the history between the NPO and Invicta - this was absolutely not. We're not going to cancel or downgrade on such a close ally who has stood by us and shed so much blood for us for shiggles, and anyone who tells you otherwise, frankly, has their heads shoved far up somewhere unpleasant.
[/quote]

I would absolutely love to hear from Brehon. You're avoiding my questions, which you're apparently not qualified to answer anyway. Maybe we'll have better luck with someone more higher ranking. And with him it won't be so easy to give a non-answer.