The Rusty Umbrella Pact

Raken

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1312434896' post='2771550']
It has nothing to do with war. It's the political situation that leads to wars. At this point it literally seems like you have NPO and about 5 or 6 allies and a massive treaty ball made up of about 7 blocs trying desperately to form as many connections with each other as humanly possible.

You should all just cancel every treaty and form a mega-bloc and call it something hokey like The Empire and at least maybe you wouldn't give poor Bob Janova headaches with his attempts at treaty web monitoring.
[/quote]

If you think today's current political climate is stagnating, either you're not paying attention or just whining about the fact that no one likes your terrible alliance.

Nonetheless, this connection to IRON is hardly going to lead to stagnation.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1312435235' post='2771553']
[/quote]
How can you say that, this will be death of CN and all of it will be Umbrella's fault, that much you surely must know already.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1312435235' post='2771553']
If you think today's current political climate is stagnating, either you're not paying attention or just whining about the fact that no one likes your terrible alliance.

[/quote]

I honestly have no care about who does or doesn't like my alliance, have spent nearly 2.5 years getting randomly attacked and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. We have a few partners that I am happy with and am very glad our foreign policy isn't to attempt to treaty everyone who might someday want to fight so we can roast marshmellows and sing songs with each other if tension may arise. Or make sure we have multiple sides to dash to if the winds seem to be blowing ill.

This individual treaty isn't going to cause stagnation if you could take it apart from many other treaties, it is a symptom of an overall problem that is reaching critical mass.

Tension in the political environment is pretty much the most interesting aspect of the planet for me and many others who are the most active players. It's like a ton of alliances go to great lengths to avoid and diffuse all that so that nothing ever changes.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1312436810' post='2771566']
I honestly have no care about who does or doesn't like my alliance, have spent nearly 2.5 years getting randomly attacked and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. We have a few partners that I am happy with and am very glad our foreign policy isn't to attempt to treaty everyone who might someday want to fight so we can roast marshmellows and sing songs with each other if tension may arise. Or make sure we have multiple sides to dash to if the winds seem to be blowing ill.

This individual treaty isn't going to cause stagnation if you could take it apart from many other treaties, it is a symptom of an overall problem that is reaching critical mass.

Tension in the political environment is pretty much the most interesting aspect of the planet for me and many others who are the most active players. It's like a ton of alliances go to great lengths to avoid and diffuse all that so that nothing ever changes.
[/quote]

Things are plenty tense and every action has a reason that usually isn't "stopping a war from happening". It's just that most of these things aren't discussed in public and instead only well-connected alliances know that kind of information. And I don't mean to say there is a small elite group of alliances that know everything and the unwashed masses don't know anything, its most alliances that are in the know and a select few who are in the dark. Yours is apparently one of the latter.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1312435604' post='2771557']
How can you say that, this will be death of CN and all of it will be Umbrella's fault, that much you surely must know already.
[/quote]
I'm liking this new "now with added sense of humour" Methrage, please post more and also have a word with D34th.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1312465099' post='2771759']
Congrats to the both of you. Being an allie of both alliances once, I can't say enough about how much I like this treaty.
[/quote]

We'll chain your love Timberland.

Also, looking forward to pages of arguments on whether or not this jokingly mentioned NG-IRON-Ella "Love Shack" is a bloc or not. Might almost be worth setting it up just for that.