The Rusty Umbrella Pact

Raken

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1312465938' post='2771770']
Also, looking forward to pages of arguments on whether or not this jokingly mentioned NG-IRON-Ella "Love Shack" is a bloc or not. Might almost be worth setting it up just for that.
[/quote]

You do that, and I will sue you all for every millidong you have. (Loveshack was planned name for a country I was going to seize, but then I got good resources and forgot to OOC/re-roll/OOC.)

Also my blessings on this brolly stand :)

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1312422029' post='2771367']
6 months ago is like 2006 to CN. I am sure there were a number of confused faces when TOP and MK got together.
[/quote]

I think almost everyone knew several months in advance that was happening. So anyone surprised was obviously out of the loop.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1312433672' post='2771534']
We had some productive diplomacy in the meantime.
[/quote]

Yea I'm pretty surprised at how well IRON has improved their image. NPO needs to take notes from them and Valhalla on how to lose their pre-Karma label.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1312474510' post='2771835']
Yea I'm pretty surprised at how well IRON has improved their image. NPO needs to take notes from them and Valhalla on how to lose their pre-Karma label.
[/quote]

Off-topic a bit: Part of the issue is "Pre-Karma Label" tends to revolve around connection to Pacifica, and we're kinda stuck with our 0 degrees of separation.

On topic again: Congratulations on the treaty, I'm sure there was a huge amount of work that went into getting to this point.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1312424007' post='2771406']
IRON now has treaties with:

Duckroll
PB
Mj
Aztec
PF
SF
XX

Just get something together with ODN/INT/TLR and you'll have a complete set.
[/quote]

Gotta catch em all.

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1312482281' post='2771937']
Off-topic a bit: Part of the issue is "Pre-Karma Label" tends to revolve around connection to Pacifica, and we're kinda stuck with our 0 degrees of separation.

On topic again: Congratulations on the treaty, I'm sure there was a huge amount of work that went into getting to this point.
[/quote]

It was a quite natural affair, I slipped into something more comfortable and Umbrella couldn't keep their hands off, similar story with NG man those guys are easy. Love shack baby :ehm:

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1312424007' post='2771406']
IRON now has treaties with:

Duckroll
PB
Mj
Aztec
PF
SF
XX

Just get something together with ODN/INT/TLR and you'll have a complete set.
[/quote]

Wow. I can't say i'm sad we're not in this position anymore.

It'll be interesting to see where you end up next war, if you end up anywhere at all.

Good luck to both of you.

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1312482281' post='2771937']

[/quote]

Maybe somewhat, but I remember IRON was still even being made fun of for hanging with TOP post-Karma. There were those sigs having them bow to NPO and then having them bow to TOP.

[quote name='not adolf hitler' timestamp='1312434026' post='2771537']
@schattenmann

It would be through a council vote.
[/quote]
Thanks.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1312474510' post='2771835']
[/quote]
IRON hasn't done anything different from NPO; they've sat in their corner being very quiet. They've (clearly) made some friends, but it's not as if NPO hasn't been sending out diplomats either.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1312504796' post='2772210']
IRON hasn't done anything different from NPO; they've sat in their corner being very quiet. They've (clearly) made some friends, but it's not as if NPO hasn't been sending out diplomats either.
[/quote]

I don't ever remember seeing NPO ambassadors out in mass until they got rolled last war. Then they went everywhere apologizing and talking (which I think was a good start).

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1312504796' post='2772210']
Thanks.

[/quote]
The main difference is IRON already had close friends who never went away after the Karma War. IRON remained close Argent and TOP, who are integrated into the power structure well. While The Citadel ended up fighting IRON in the Karma War, IRON's friendship with several members remained in tact despite it.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1312425017' post='2771422']
Winter is coming. ;)
[/quote]

[OT]In my nation, this kind of quote became trite about six years before planet Bob came into existence. Nice to know so many of you are fans of the TV show at least.[/OT]

I like this treaty. Congrats to both parties.