ATTENTION NSO:

AnCapistan

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1312132364' post='2768351']
These are only funny if they're embarrassing. The warchest for the NSO Minister of Finance is actually quite solid. ~1 billion for 8500 infra, that has to be somewhere in the range of 200 days of bills. Sure, its not Umbrella level but its still better than most out there
[/quote]

The one above me is fairly embarrassing. 30 mil for a 6k Infra Nation.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1312149982' post='2768532']
Interesting that others have to pick up the slack while Legion hides... kind of reminds me of last war.
[/quote]

So now we're hiding again? During the war we had nations in Peace Mode, and even though PM is something that everyone uses we got the tag of coward. Despite the fact that we had nations in our alliance at war from the very beginning at the end of January all the way through to the end of April. I could count on one hand the alliances that had nations fighting for that long.

Now we're supposedly hiding because we actually respect the sovereignty of other alliances and refuse to participate in these pointlessly juvenile spy attacks? You and quite a few others here have some very skewed views when it comes to who is and isn't hiding. Seems like when others do something you don't approve of, like respect other alliances, you feel the need to label them.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1312098796' post='2768150']
There is a larger concentration of balls in Damsky than exists in the entire Legion.
[/quote]
That's not much at all.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1312153319' post='2768568']
So now we're hiding again? During the war we had nations in Peace Mode, and even though PM is something that everyone uses we got the tag of coward. Despite the fact that we had nations in our alliance at war from the very beginning at the end of January all the way through to the end of April. I could count on one hand the alliances that had nations fighting for that long.

Now we're supposedly hiding because we actually respect the sovereignty of other alliances and refuse to participate in these pointlessly juvenile spy attacks? You and quite a few others here have some very skewed views when it comes to who is and isn't hiding. Seems like when others do something you don't approve of, like respect other alliances, you feel the need to label them.
[/quote]

He's suggesting that since the Legion doesn't mind being called cowards by people epitomizing what cowards are, or not bothered enough by attempts to bait it into an unfavorable war, that you should think less of yourselves instead of taking the high road and watching the "humor," grow stale, desperate, and above all pathetic.

[/quote]
Hey, the guy is from Ragnarok after all. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1312132364' post='2768351']
These are only funny if they're embarrassing. The warchest for the NSO Minister of Finance is actually quite solid. ~1 billion for 8500 infra, that has to be somewhere in the range of 200 days of bills. Sure, its not Umbrella level but its still better than most out there
[/quote]

when i went rogue on GOONS a bit before christmas i had 900 mil... spent like 2 months nuking/getting nuked by GOONS, then did TGE, then CSN... i replenished military everyday, conducted spy ops every day, bought nukes, infra when I needed it, etc etc and it lasted me a solid 6 months.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1312149982' post='2768532']
Interesting that others have to pick up the slack while Legion hides... kind of reminds me of last war.
[/quote]

Mr. Ilyani, I expected better from you.

Look, we're tired of getting in on this kind of stuff. It's time-consuming and pointless, futile and embarassing. It's unfortunate we ever humored anyone and posted in these kinds of threads to rebuke accusations. Sure, some points against us were accurate, but even when we had valid points and were facing unfair attacks, we just got trolled and responded to with "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU I'M RIGHT LALALALALA" arguments. I point to [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103058]this thread[/url] for proof.

We're trying hard to not scratch open old wounds. It's unfortunate guys like Rebel Virginia keep opening threads like that, but we avoid posting in them so we don't ignite anything. You're an intelligent guy and I think you know what's been happening, so surely you can understand what we're trying to do? Labeling us cowards for attempting to heal isn't logical.

Edited by Domingo the Honored

[/quote]
You had 90% of your alliance in peace mode at one stage. What you're obviously missing is that regardless of a few nations fighting the whole war, you had the majority of your alliance in Peace Mode, just because a few fought it the whole way through doesn't mean Legion, as an alliance, gets the right to brag about fighting the whole war. If you're going to paint yourselves with one brush, you're picking the wrong brush. Heck, at this stage I don't know if you just don't get it or you're purposely making yourself look bad.

Edited by Anger

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1312156151' post='2768607']
when i went rogue on GOONS a bit before christmas i had 900 mil... spent like 2 months nuking/getting nuked by GOONS, then did TGE, then CSN... i replenished military everyday, conducted spy ops every day, bought nukes, infra when I needed it, etc etc and it lasted me a solid 6 months.
[/quote]

Out of curiosity, what NS/infra were you were you?

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1312160928' post='2768695']
Out of curiosity, what NS/infra were you were you?
[/quote]

i forget my NS but I had a little more than 8500 infra and around 2500 tech... i only know this because basically the only thing i really wanted to get was a wrc and i figured that'd be a nice way to try it out

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1312162366' post='2768732']
I think I had $2b during Bi-polar and went through 1.5B of it after 2 months of war, don't remember how long the war lasted. That was at around 70K NS. 900M lasting 6 months at that range would be quite a feat.
[/quote]

ya it lasted a lot longer than i ever expected but i made sure to secure secret trades beforehand (getting sanctioned on 9 spheres was pretty sweet lol), and i played it smart... tried not declaring on SDI nations, didn't over-extend myself and declare 3 offensive wars, didn't waste money spying away nukes (destroyed money instead).

and you have to keep in mind that you lose money in an alliance war much faster because you're generally playing at someone else's pace, and it's harder to figure out what the other side is going to do because you can get jumped by a random opponent at any point... on the other hand when you have a very limited number of opponents, it's almost easy to guess what they're going to do. 'x' number in your range... however-many of them in anarchy can't attack you... of those not in anarchy only a couple have SDI's... of those 2, this guy is still backcollecting, but this guy collected today.... etc etc.

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1312162366' post='2768732']
I think I had $2b during Bi-polar and went through 1.5B of it after 2 months of war, don't remember how long the war lasted. That was at around 70K NS. 900M lasting 6 months at that range would be quite a feat.
[/quote]

What in the world did you spend your money on?? I fought from the first of Feb til late May the last war starting at about 95K ns and never approached spending that kind of money. That was re-buying all military daily, as well as infra, spy ops, getting money spied from me, sending out millions in aid etc. I would also re-buy up to 2500-3000 infra to take on 6-8k infra nations as the war wore on.