Open Invitation from the NPO

Brenann

[center][img]http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/Karasov17/Banner-v2.png[/img][/center]

Are you a graphics artist? Perhaps just enjoy making signatures? We at the New Pacific Order sure do. In fact, we love it so much that we have decided create our [i]own[/i] Signature Of The Week Competition.

This competition is held weekly and artists are to create an image that has to do with the weekly theme as will be announced. Winners of the competition are given a very pretty SOTW award, and a gracious $3 Million Dongs awarded by the Pacific Bank.
Rules, and other information can be found in[url="http://pacificorder.net/forum/index.php?showforum=1101"]This Forum[/url].

We look forward to seeing the work of other artists, and for those of you who aren't artists- come and give the artists a little bit of an audience.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1310839843' post='2757287']
Sig of the week was alright until it got cluttered with joke sigs and !@#$%* work. Hope this one turns out better.
[/quote]

I'm running it bobby so of course it will. We plan on doing some fun things so I better see you come through.

As for 3mil not being a lot of money, well you are making us a forum banner or making us a website :P This is a competition for fun, not a job requiring compensation.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1310863811' post='2757448']
Throw 50 tech in the pot.
[/quote]

Agreed. That's the best way to entice even moderately-sized nations to participate. A decently-sized nation would just have you route the $3m to a tech dealer.

That said, even 100 tech is so paltry a sum that anyone who participates will be doing so mostly for the prestige.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1310839843' post='2757287']
Sig of the week was alright until it got cluttered with joke sigs and !@#$%* work. Hope this one turns out better.
[/quote]
I resent this. Your snobbish elitism is exactly what is killing the Robertian art scene and forcing out sig after sig following tired formulae and adhering to worn out social mores. True art can only be created by the rebel, the underdog, the outsider.

People's Sig of the Week Superiority!

[quote name='keenu' timestamp='1310847049' post='2757322']
I'm running it bobby so of course it will. We plan on doing some fun things so I better see you come through.

As for 3mil not being a lot of money, well you are making us a forum banner or making us a website :P This is a competition for fun, not a job requiring compensation.
[/quote]
Me, come through? You obviously don't know me well enough... I can't do anything right. :blush:

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1310874252' post='2757566']
I resent this. Your snobbish elitism is exactly what is killing the Robertian art scene and forcing out sig after sig following tired formulae and adhering to worn out social mores. True art can only be created by the rebel, the underdog, the outsider.

People's Sig of the Week Superiority!
[/quote]
Let them eat cake, I say!

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1310879853' post='2757628']
What a cheap way to get IP addresses so you can track people across rerolls. Well done!
[/quote]
Or it could be an exercise in community building.
Which is exactly what this place needs right now.

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' timestamp='1310880315' post='2757632']
Or it could be an exercise in community building.
Which is exactly what this place needs right now.
[/quote]
You might want to adjust your sarcasm detector ;)

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1310881026' post='2757637']
You might want to adjust your sarcasm detector ;)
[/quote]
to be fair the blind hate meter was screaming so loudly a sarcasm one would be drowned out.