The Nordic Spore Accords

Ardus

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1308938834' post='2740546']
As I explained in the 3 PM's that I just got about my post, my opinion is that the risks of allying you guys outweigh the rewards of it. Whether you like it or not, the theme of your alliance attracts unsavory characters no matter how hard you try to weed them out.

Maybe I have just been in the game of politics too long. Maybe I am too stuck in my old people ways. Fair or not it's what I think. I do like Zog though.
[/quote]
I would actually love to have an IRC chat with you about it sometime soon.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1308795628' post='2738864']
There is no overt 'hail the mighty Mushroom Kingdom, Archon is god incarnate' coming from us; merely, an agreeable relationship and treaty.
[/quote]

Overt being the operative word...right?

...right?

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1308978615' post='2740960']
OOC: All previous German states?[/quote]
OOC: I should have said most, but the point stands that the oversensitivity is something of a plague among German people in this regard.

[quote]Even the old Imperial German flag is not outlawed.[/quote]
I think you'll find that if you're familiar with Strafgesetzbuch section 86a (concerning banned and unlawful symbols in Germany) that there is no specified or exhaustive list of banned imagery. You would also find that section 86a includes WW1 imagery (and even imagery of non-German use for that matter) if it has ever been used by a group accused of dissemination of hate speech. So yes, the Imperial German flag of WW1 and its variants have been outlawed and charges have been pressed for their use. Do some reading and research before you make claims, because I have.

[quote]I find your comment rather offensive inasmuch that you view this state of affairs as somehow detrimental to German society[/quote]
I find most levels of government interference in regards to banning freedom of expression, no matter the form or country, to be detrimental to society.

[quote]besides despite your supposed German ancestry (is that right Weiss? you have german ancestry?)what do you actually know about modern German society?
[/quote]
Apparently I know more than you do in this instance. But this is neither the time nor the place to get into these kind of elaborate details. Just know that when you call me out personally, I have the facts to back claims. And I will leave the OOC conversation at that.

Edited by Captain Flinders

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1308944729' post='2740617']
I too have my flaws.

OOC: I talk to a lot of german players who have issues with the NoR imagery and symbol. Their views weigh heavily on my views
[/quote]

OOC: Heh, Germans. I remember reading news stories during the 2006 fifa World Cup how some Germans were afraid that all the German flags flying would pretty much spark the birth of a new Nazi Germany. It's hilarious, really.

IC: It's a good treaty.

To be perfectly honest I really don't care nor am bothered by how a nation is run and it's beliefs/morals [OOC]or how you RP your nation/forums[/OOC]. If your nation ruler wants to be XYZ then more power to you. I always thought Slayer99 was a total power mongering !@#$%.

Glad to see this treaty. NoR, you have a fine bloc as well. Congrats on both things.

Anyone remember the old boring unipolar world we lived in during the Q days? I think we've finally seen some interesting multipolar dynamics develop and hopefully a complete end to that abysmal period in history of our Planet Bob.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1309025478' post='2741216']
Anyone remember the old boring unipolar world we lived in during the Q days? I think we've finally seen some interesting multipolar dynamics develop and hopefully a complete end to that abysmal period in history of our Planet Bob.
[/quote]
I'm really, really hoping that you're right.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1309042069' post='2741370']
I agree, I'm loving the cold war already and it's only been a few days. Who needs winter when we have this?
[/quote]
I've always been partial to autumn. The light chill on the wind. The color in the trees. The smell of leaves burning. Hoodies. Chili & cornbread. Good times.

To be perfectly honest I really don't care nor am bothered by how a nation is run and it's beliefs/morals [OOC]or how you RP your nation/forums[/OOC]. If your nation ruler wants to be XYZ then more power to you. I always thought Slayer99 was a total power mongering !@#$%.

Glad to see this treaty. NoR, you have a fine bloc as well. Congrats on both things.

[/quote]
Quite an achievement, and to think it only took 2 years to make it happen! oh wait :unsure:

I do agree that politics is more interesting when there are multiple competing blocs, but it's only a matter of time until the next great war shatters a few of those blocs and the alliances left standing either scramble to suck up to the victors or get demolished in periodic curbstomps for not doing so. I do hope I'm wrong though, I really do.

Good to see MK doing things to shake the world up a bit, the same can't be said for most of the sniveling cowards out there

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1308944729' post='2740617']
OOC: I talk to a lot of german players who have issues with the NoR imagery and symbol. Their views weigh heavily on my views
[/quote]

[IC]You know what weighs heavily on me?

Your Mom.[/IC]

[OOC]I stopped caring what little sniveling crybabies whine about a long time ago, regardless of their nation of origin. You should try it sometime. It's quite liberating.[/OOC]

[IC]Yeah, that's right. Your [b]Mom[/b].[/IC]

[quote name='Straylight' timestamp='1309049828' post='2741430']
Quite an achievement, and to think it only took 2 years to make it happen! oh wait :unsure:

I do agree that politics is more interesting when there are multiple competing blocs, but it's only a matter of time until the next great war shatters a few of those blocs and the alliances left standing either scramble to suck up to the victors or get demolished in periodic curbstomps for not doing so. I do hope I'm wrong though, I really do.

Good to see MK doing things to shake the world up a bit, the same can't be said for most of the sniveling cowards out there
[/quote]
I wish someone would explain to me how a member of Doom House signing a treaty with a member of Mjolnir equals competition between blocs.

edit: I finished reading your post after I replied to it: Or how it equals "shaking things up." :rolleyes:

Edited by Schattenmann

[/quote]

Good post, let's hope you are correct

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1309051505' post='2741449']
I wish someone would explain to me how a member of Doom House signing a treaty with a member of Mjolnir equals competition between blocs.

edit: I finished reading your post after I replied to it: Or how it equals "shaking things up." :rolleyes:
[/quote]
It appears that a lot of people, including many in XX and SF, aren't very fond of Mjolnir. If this ODP leads to XX and DH throwing down against each other in the future, or least sows some bad blood amongst them, then I'm all for it. The only way to ensure this world stays interesting is tension and conflict between the movers and shakers, hopefully leading to massive and destructive war.

The victors after Karma were too afraid of losing their new found power to act against each other in meaningful ways, now that ex-hegemony has been thoroughly squashed multiple times over they will have the balls to actually make "everyone die"

or one side will fall pathetically and we'll have another 2 years of stagnation, which is what will probably happen

[quote name='Straylight' timestamp='1309054707' post='2741510']
It appears that a lot of people, including many in XX and SF, aren't very fond of Mjolnir. If this ODP leads to XX and DH throwing down against each other in the future, or least sows some bad blood amongst them, then I'm all for it. The only way to ensure this world stays interesting is tension and conflict between the movers and shakers, hopefully leading to massive and destructive war.

The victors after Karma were too afraid of losing their new found power to act against each other in meaningful ways, now that ex-hegemony has been thoroughly squashed multiple times over they will have the balls to actually make "everyone die"

or one side will fall pathetically and we'll have another 2 years of stagnation, which is what will probably happen
[/quote]
As I've already asked people privately in our embassies, why does everyone keep asking us if XX and DH/PB want to kill each other? We've worked with those dudes for well over two years now. Even if we don't always (or in some cases rarely) agree on things, at the end of day I'd still work with MK, GOONS, VE, and Umb over the vast majority of the alliances in this game. At least they actually know what the hell to do in a planning channel. Most of the other people that somehow get wedged into the "main planning chans" just because they are the ally of the ally of someone relevant are borderline retarded and wouldn't know sound military strategy if it hit 'em across the face. There is a reason why MK are the main non-allies I coordinate with at the start of every war, and it's because I don't trust most of the rest of you not to $%&@ everything up.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1309051505' post='2741449']

[/quote]

Combine it with several CnG allies being linked to MJ and it makes things much trickier than normally just isolating and destroying someone, which is the normal procedure of how things go.

[/quote]

It's more that both sides think the other side is screwing up the current hegemony so they're trying to delete each other from "this side" and form a new one. It's completely possible that they both decide that it's just easier to come to their scenes and fight with one another again. However, that would involve one side giving in to some of the others ideas which I doubt happens.

It appears that a lot of people, including many in XX and SF, aren't very fond of Mjolnir. If this ODP leads to XX and DH throwing down against each other
[/quote]
Scrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. You can stop right there, consult the treaty web, and edit your post.

This treaty is not bold, it is not innovative, it is not competitive, it is not brave. It's Pax Pacifica.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1309056096' post='2741538']
Please how this treaty leads to DH and XX fighting eachother? I am really at a loss here.
[/quote]
Because the ally of our ally ODP'd someone that our other ally was rumored to go to war with over a CB that didn't exist!

[size="7"][b]THIS MEANS WAR.[/b][/size]

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1309056178' post='2741539']
Because the ally of our ally ODP'd someone that our other ally was rumored to go to war with over a CB that didn't exist!

[size="7"][b]THIS MEANS WAR.[/b][/size]
[/quote]

Say that fast and with bumble gum in your mouth. :awesome:

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1309056096' post='2741538']
Please how this treaty leads to DH and XX fighting eachother? I am really at a loss here.
[/quote]
I cant believe I'm gonna talk about such a thing...but...

Based on the assumption that the next war is SF v Mj, it's pretty certain XX would side with SF(via RnR and other ties with FARK). So now its SF/XX v Mj. If NoR activates this treaty with MK, MK could pull DH. Making it SF/XX v Mj/DH.

I'm probably dead wrong as I dont dabble in this kinda stuff often...but I tried :awesome:

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1309056311' post='2741543']

Based on the assumption that the next war is SF v Mj, it's pretty certain XX would side with SF(via RnR and other ties with FARK). So now its SF/XX v Mj. If NoR activates this treaty with MK, MK could pull DH. Making it SF/XX v Mj/DH.

I'm probably dead wrong as I dont dabble in this kinda stuff often...but I tried :awesome:
[/quote]

Very well done my good sir. Very well done. :smug:

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1309056311' post='2741543']

[/quote]

Although, someone who doesn't know exactly what's going on in the backrooms is going to remind you that XX has treaties with MJ. We do really still have a screwed up treaty web, but I'm glad people are slowly breaking ties and moving to one side or the other. Even if that means odds stack against people I like.

Edited by Omniscient1