Peace in our Time - Weaboo Edition

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1308694546' post='2737849']
I've known Locke longer than just about everyone else in this thread. He's not a warmonger, and he knows how to get what he wants. It's actually not that hard to get what you want when what you want is fairly reasonable.

Still, Locke, why'd you put the word "official" in the terms? I would have gone with no contact at all. That's a way easier term to enforce, and much better as well.
[/quote]
Haf... as one of the few people around here who doesn't scoff at you just because you're a member of Invicta... I'm going to go ahead and scoff at this post.
*[color=red][b]MaGneT[/color][/b] scoffs

[quote name='Exige' timestamp='1308695016' post='2737873']
looks like there will be a lot of competition for WAE this year
[/quote]
Not really. CsN still takes the cake.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1308705064' post='2738017']
A good way to have achieved this end might have been for SOS to talk to IAA about their protectorate and having them issue a gag order, as it would be in everyone's best interests.

You know, rather than attack outright, have your two allies immediately declare their support, and then over the next few hours, bravely run away while shouting "we showed you!" over your shoulder because someone decided to call a bluff...i guess it wasn't really a bluff. it was more like they called your bet, and asked to see your hand, and then you said, i have a great hand. and then ran from the table grabbing as much cash as you could.

well played by everyone today was very entertaining.
[/quote]
Dead-on except for one thing. Maybe they took a few chips and the playing cards... cash is actually worth something. What they got - if anything - was worthless.

[quote name='Elrich von Richt' timestamp='1308692960' post='2737765']
Why of course the lesson was that we're 'better than you'. :awesome:
[/quote]
Said someone just got out of PM, again it's all just sayin' :rolleyes:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1308707105' post='2738042']
The lengths some smuggos are going to to make SOS look like the losers in a situation where SOS attacked out of the blue with an indefensible position then walked away scott free is highly amusing to me.

Congratulations, Dan. Locke shall now be known as Slick Willy.
[/quote]

I was wondering when someone else would point this out.

I am also astonished, can't say I'm mad...

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1308711798' post='2738117']
Not really. CsN still takes the cake.
[/quote]

/me looks at DT's stat page

I thought you guys were trying to be an "elite" alliance? You kinda need an upper tier for that... Oh wait...

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1308707105' post='2738042']
The lengths some smuggos are going to to make SOS look like the losers in a situation where SOS attacked out of the blue with an indefensible position then walked away scott free is highly amusing to me.

[/quote]
His willy is indeed sl-
Er, oh. Nvm :blush:

[quote]The lengths some smuggos are going to to make SOS look like the losers in a situation where SOS attacked out of the blue with an indefensible position then walked away scott free is highly amusing to me.

[/quote]

Maybe we've already attained our stupid reasons for global war quota for the year. Having said that, I am still disappoint.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1308713485' post='2738151']
/me looks at DT's stat page

I thought you guys were trying to be an "elite" alliance? You kinda need an upper tier for that... Oh wait...
[/quote]
Gibs, you have no idea how much I appreciate having arguments like this.

As for our upper tier, our allies will show you why we don't need big nations. :awesome: ... is that still amusing after what, two years now?

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1308716886' post='2738186']
Gibs, you have no idea how much I appreciate having arguments like this.

As for our upper tier, our allies will show you why we don't need big nations. :awesome: ... is that still amusing after what, two years now?
[/quote]
Oh, you and me feel the same. I'm bored. :(

They sure didn't show us last war, so I would only hope they didn't leave you out to dry [i]twice[/i].

Edit: [OOC] Admin doesn't want us to argue; you didn't pop up on my notifications. :P [/OOC]

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1308698315' post='2737940']
See, this line isn't going to cut it either. You've spent the last 24 hours justifying your position to the OWF (along with other members of your alliance). [i]To the OWF[/i]. If this was about you getting a restraining order then you wouldn't have spent the time trying to justify your CB to uninvolved parties. You go directly to IAA and RIA and cut the OWF out.

You've been slapped in the face and you just won't admit it.
[/quote]
Hit. Nail. Head.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1308692544' post='2737724']
No reparations? :huh:
[/quote]

Reparations will be paid in 100 cases of Ramen Noodles, a $50 gift card for the iTunes J-Pop music section, and for every member of both alliances to post photos of themselves in Cosplay outfits :ehm:

Congrats on peace.....

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1308692426' post='2737718'] As a side note: This was absolutely the dumbest situation I've ever experienced.
[/quote]

Pretty !@#$@#$ much. :awesome:

Also... isn't it about time that my alliance does stupid !@#$ again?

[quote name='Heyman' timestamp='1308719950' post='2738241']
Pretty !@#$@#$ much. :awesome:

Also... isn't it about time that my alliance does stupid !@#$ again?
[/quote]

with all the booze and weed flowing between us, I fear we're one Anthony away from it ;)

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1308694859' post='2737864']
I do not know how being publicly humiliated and making ones alliance widely mocked across Planet Bobs polical spectrum is a pretty decent position. In fact if I was in SOS I would not only be angry that my leadership made us look like idiots but, that they also ran home with tail between legs making us look like cowards. I expect SOS will continue to see members leaving that mess. I wonder who they will try and blame next?

Congrats NsO on your victory.
[/quote]

Me because I plan to send a recruitment PM to every member but government. :P

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1308719948' post='2738240']
Maybe I missed the announcement, but how much are you guys going to be paying GOONS in reps?
[/quote]

Enough to buy every member of GOONS a beer.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1308694126' post='2737828']
Haha, whatever you say.

And believe what you want, because I know that I am right on this matter, if only this matter of all things I have debated in the past.

SOS wanted NsO to leave them alone.
NsO pester them for months.
SOS show that they are willing to go to war over this and put their money where their mouth is.
NsO agree to distance themselves on an official level for eternity.

Happy ending there.
[/quote]

Only when the odds are hugely stacked in their favour. They let the likes of SLCB, Tetris and iFOK get away with it.

Hypocrisy. Anyways, worst PR-disaster of 2011 yet. But we still have 6 months ago, so I hope there will be some new little gems on the boards soon.

Edited by erikz

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1308735519' post='2738318']
Ashame. I had a nice chain written down to hit Invicta.
[/quote]

:lol1: That would have been awesome.