war is afoot

dogbite

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1301492248' post='2680627']
True, though we've shaved off 300k NS (around 40% of their pre-war strength) from G-6 in four days, so we've definitely managed to make a wee bit of a dent.
[/quote]

I didn't mean to imply that we weren't doing VERY well.

I couldn't be happier with the PLOW effort - truly impressive.

Just found it a bit funny that unwanted/borderline silly 'advice' was being given, and felt the need to comment.

Keep it up, PLOW. Our efforts will continue to earn us the respect we've worked so hard to attain.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='the wompus' timestamp='1301486343' post='2680600']
Let's not forget also, that even with excellent and fantastic coordination and communication, it's pretty difficult to make a dent in a target (in this case targets) that have huge advantages in NS, Tech, Infra, AF, nukes and pretty much everything else.

I'm not complaining. It is what it is. I'm just making a point.

My G6 attackers did a nice job coordinating and did much more damage when they did coordinated attacks.

I'd also argue under the conditions, the goliaths in my battles took a pretty good hit from David's (nuke) slingshot!
-Saulte to LE's Hoosier for some great coordinated attacks-

It's just a little frustrating to hear G-6 act as though our lack of coordinating attacks is impacting things when the gross imbalance of things out of the gate makes this a lot less relevant than it could be.

Back to nuking...
[/quote]

Sorry if it appears i was acting like any lack of coordination was the main cause. I was only trying to help King Ernie who was complaining of being unable to coordinate with LE or PS or LEFT. nothing more.

[quote]
BP= Confusion

<paul711> They all told me you did the targetting for them
<BarelyPolitical> I helped with target lists, Yes.
[/quote][quote name='paul711' timestamp='1301503459' post='2680704']
Maybe for Synergy he did but the logs show where he says he helped with the targetting. It is own words not mine.
[/quote]
I assume he didn't mean with the actual targeting, but just creating the list.

When Confusion gave the spreadsheet's link to ADude and me all it contained was a list of names and nation strengths, with empty columns for MP, HNMS, Warchest, Nukes, Anarchy, Notes, Defending Slot 1, Defending Slot 2, and Defending Slot 3. He then showed us an example of how to fill out the nation info [including how to edit the nation link into the sheet, which took adude a few tries to get right :P]. ADude and I then filled out the first 6 columns then sorted the sheet by descending NS [it was originally just OP nations on top then PS on bottom]. It was around 2:30am or something and I was tired as hell, so I told Darth to do the targeting for Synergy. As far as I know, ADude and Stelios did the it for RE.

Confusion's involvement with targeting ended after showing ADude and me how to do it ourselves

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301519847' post='2680868']
Sorry if it appears i was acting like any lack of coordination was the main cause. I was only trying to help King Ernie who was complaining of being unable to coordinate with LE or PS or LEFT. nothing more.
[/quote]

I wasn't complaining. I have nothing to complain about.
And I can coordinate very well with LE, read my post again if you're confused.

[quote name='Overlord Wes' timestamp='1301522243' post='2680896']
I assume he didn't mean with the actual targeting, but just creating the list.

When Confusion gave the spreadsheet's link to ADude and me all it contained was a list of names and nation strengths, with empty columns for MP, HNMS, Warchest, Nukes, Anarchy, Notes, Defending Slot 1, Defending Slot 2, and Defending Slot 3. He then showed us an example of how to fill out the nation info [including how to edit the nation link into the sheet, which took adude a few tries to get right :P]. ADude and I then filled out the first 6 columns then sorted the sheet by descending NS [it was originally just OP nations on top then PS on bottom]. It was around 2:30am or something and I was tired as hell, so I told Darth to do the targeting for Synergy. As far as I know, ADude and Stelios did the it for RE.

Confusion's involvement with targeting ended after showing ADude and me how to do it ourselves
[/quote]

So now your claim is that you weren't puppets, you were just too incompetent to make a spreadsheet?

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1301529517' post='2680963']
So now your claim is that you weren't puppets, you were just too incompetent to make a spreadsheet?
[/quote]
I must say that Thrawn's argument is making some sense.

[quote name='King Ernie' timestamp='1301525628' post='2680937']
I wasn't complaining. I have nothing to complain about.
And I can coordinate very well with LE, read my post again if you're confused.
[/quote]

sorry, the only thing I was confused about was your AA for a moment. Since the wompus was OP, I slipped up and forgot you was LE. sorry.

As for you not complaining..."The thing is, it's hard to get 4 AA's coordinating their nations together. I can't very well coordinate with the OP nations I share targets with, because I'm not in OP, and they can't very well coordinate with me, because they're not LE."

sorry if that seemed like you were complaining about not being able to coordinate.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301530320' post='2680976']
sorry, the only thing I was confused about was your AA for a moment. Since the wompus was OP, I slipped up and forgot you was LE. sorry.

As for you not complaining..."The thing is, it's hard to get 4 AA's coordinating their nations together. I can't very well coordinate with the OP nations I share targets with, because I'm not in OP, and they can't very well coordinate with me, because they're not LE."

sorry if that seemed like you were complaining about not being able to coordinate.
[/quote]

Just a misunderstanding :)
I was really just explaining my point of view and experiences. I've coordinated with other AA's before as well, it's just inconvenient, but war isn't very convenient is it? :rolleyes:

With that, best of luck to everyone :) ((especially my side))

DOWN WIT EBIL GHEE-SIX :mad::nuke::mad::nuke:

[quote name='King Ernie' timestamp='1301530567' post='2680978']
Just a misunderstanding :)
I was really just explaining my point of view and experiences. I've coordinated with other AA's before as well, it's just inconvenient, but war isn't very convenient is it? :rolleyes:

With that, best of luck to everyone :) ((especially my side))

DOWN WIT EBIL GHEE-SIX :mad::nuke::mad::nuke:
[/quote]

ahhhh I gotcha. Good luck everyone. I am having fun so I hope everyone else will have fun too. :D

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301466978' post='2680518']
That makes no sense. G-6 is using IRC to coordinate. This same thing can happen inter-alliance as well. Hell, I have coordinated with nations in other alliances quite often. The only way it is hard to coordinate is if ya'll in different timezones. Other than that, just because ya'll in different alliances does not matter in the least in terms of coordination.
[/quote]

^

what he said, I was about to say, but am far to lazy to do so.

[quote name='dy Cazaril' timestamp='1301543273' post='2681163']
This is now the longest thread in TE history by about 7 pages. :P

Congrats to all participants.
[/quote]

Seriously? We should ask for 10 pages to be cropped from the middle to save us that ignominy.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1301548159' post='2681229']
Seriously? We should ask for 10 pages to be cropped from the middle to save us that ignominy.
[/quote]
Deleting all of Doch's posts should do the same thing.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1301645864' post='2682063']
Deleting all of Doch's posts should do the same thing.
[/quote]

Well I would say deleting all the PLOW crying would do the same, but then there would be no more posts from your side left in this thread.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301694128' post='2682454']
Well I would say deleting all the PLOW crying would do the same, but then there would be no more posts from your side left in this thread.
[/quote]

Hmmm, crying? Looks like the tables are turning. buh-buy G-6. :awesome:

[quote name='Ferrie' timestamp='1301775990' post='2683033']
Hmmm, crying? Looks like the tables are turning. buh-buy G-6. :awesome:
[/quote]

:ph34r:

Wait, they are? Also, you seem to be under the impression we're going somewhere.

We're Not. This isn't the end, it's not even the beginning of the end. It may, however, be the end of the beginning.

Confusion.

[quote name='dogbite' timestamp='1301199484' post='2677869']
Hell i love PS im a big fan. [b]Even the fact you stole your flag off my forum i let it go[/b]. I also was good freinds with jack sheppard who started PS. I have no ill will just protecting my aa.
[/quote]

I created the PS logo as a composite of the Simpsons Flying Hellfish image, and an Arkansas Razorbacks image back in [b]2008[/b] for TE round 3.

I uploaded it onto the PS wiki on January 5th 2009:
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/File:Pork_Shrimp.gif

If you are accusing me of stealing please first provide proof that your image/logo existed prior to January 5th 2009.

I don't know what forum you placed your image on, or when, but I would bet that we just had the same idea on the Hellfish logo and neither 'stole' from the other, the only difference being that when you created your image after ours, we didn't accuse you of 'stealing'.

Edited by Jack Shepard

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1301776741' post='2683044']
:ph34r:

Wait, they are? Also, you seem to be under the impression we're going somewhere.

We're Not. This isn't the end, it's not even the beginning of the end. It may, however, be the end of the beginning.

Confusion.
[/quote]

If things are going so well, why did you have to re-roll?

Confused.