war is afoot

dogbite

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1301467659' post='2680525']
Now that is one of the most disingenuous things I have heard in a while.

There is no way you can get anyone to believe that it is equally easy to coordinate intra-alliance as it is inter-alliance. And with 4 alliances to boot. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

i use ingame pm's for coordination, ask the people timezones and tell them instructions to reach a certain goal

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1301467659' post='2680525']
Now that is one of the most disingenuous things I have heard in a while.

There is no way you can get anyone to believe that it is equally easy to coordinate intra-alliance as it is inter-alliance. And with 4 alliances to boot. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Then it is apparent you have no clue how to do much now do you? In previous rounds, I have used IRC to coordinate with people in different alliances. Hell, I have done it in SE. to state it is that hard is what is ridiculous. Anyone who has a clue can get on IRC, find LE's or PS's or OP's or LEFT's irc chan and find out who is hitting their target. Or use ingame PMs to find out their IRC nick and create a chan for their target.

It really is not that hard. If people don't believe me, that is all well and fine but to think i am trying to mislead anyone is foolish. I am honestly trying to help you people put up a better war. Also, i never stated it was "equally easy" in fact, i never stated any kind of comparison of intra-alliance and inter-alliance whatsoever.

I stated that IRC can be used for both (which is true) and that boards are slower than IRC (which is usually true). So Mr. "read what i said [i]exactly[/i]" you may want to start doing it yourself, since this is the 2nd time you have misread what i have posted.

so you should [i]read what I [b]exactly[/b] said[/i].

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301468788' post='2680533']
i never stated it was "equally easy" in fact, i never stated any kind of comparison of intra-alliance and inter-alliance whatsoever.
[/quote]

Sure you did. So let's look at what you [i]exactly[/i] said....

[quote]just because ya'll in different alliances does not matter in the least in terms of coordination.[/quote]

But whatever. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1301469173' post='2680536']
Sure you did. So let's look at what you [i]exactly[/i] said....

But whatever. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

ahh my bad. you are correct. My apologizes ((ooc: not feeling well, sorry, did forget i said that) though realize that on IRC, communication is quite simple. I am certain that people who play CN talk to dozens of people from dozens of alliances outside their own. which means that my point of using IRC as a way to coordinate with players in other alliances stands and is most assuredly not "disingenuous". Even attempting to state it is hard for players to communicate with other alliances on IRC is what is disingenuous.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301469753' post='2680538']
ahh my bad. you are correct. My apologizes ((ooc: not feeling well, sorry, did forget i said that) though realize that on IRC, communication is quite simple. I am certain that people who play CN talk to dozens of people from dozens of alliances outside their own. which means that my point of using IRC as a way to coordinate with players in other alliances stands and [b]is most assuredly not "disingenuous". Even attempting to state it is hard for players to communicate with other alliances on IRC is what is disingenuous.[/b]
[/quote]

I never said a word about your IRC comment. And I most certainly did not claim your IRC comment was disingenuous. And more so, I NEVER "attempted to state that it is hard for players to communicate with other alliances on IRC". :rolleyes:

You can't help yourself, can you?

As I said, whatever.

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1301469950' post='2680544']
I never said a word about your IRC comment. And I most certainly did not claim your IRC comment was disingenuous. And more so, I NEVER "attempted to state that it is hard for players to communicate with other alliances on IRC". :rolleyes:

You can't help yourself, can you?

As I said, whatever.
[/quote]

Then how do you back up your claim that it is harder for 1 player to coordinate with members of other alliances? If people can easily communicate with people in other alliances, how is it harder for that communication include coordinating on a single target?

If you are talking about coordinating of attacks at gov level, I never discussed that. I was discussing how to coordinate with players in other alliances on a single target which is what King Ernie was complaining about.

so please clarify your post so that I can respond to it. If it is about 1 player coordinating with others in different AAs, IRC makes it just as easy. If it is gov level stuff and making target lists and what not, then yes it is harder and even IRC won't make that easier really.

For anyone who wants to know, our IRC chan is #LEFT. And we have all sorts of OPSEC discussions in there including target coordination. G-6 is welcome too.

Also, as far as coordination, I prefer to use IRC, but not everyone uses it, so I usually wind up using in game PMs. Those have the advantage of everyone having access without needing a tutorial (If I had a nuke for every newb I've taught to use IRC, G-6 would be in a LOT of trouble). In the past, it has been difficult to coordinate with people in other alliances, on IRC or otherwise.

Let's not forget also, that even with excellent and fantastic coordination and communication, it's pretty difficult to make a dent in a target (in this case targets) that have huge advantages in NS, Tech, Infra, AF, nukes and pretty much everything else.

I'm not complaining. It is what it is. I'm just making a point.

My G6 attackers did a nice job coordinating and did much more damage when they did coordinated attacks.

I'd also argue under the conditions, the goliaths in my battles took a pretty good hit from David's (nuke) slingshot!
-Saulte to LE's Hoosier for some great coordinated attacks-

It's just a little frustrating to hear G-6 act as though our lack of coordinating attacks is impacting things when the gross imbalance of things out of the gate makes this a lot less relevant than it could be.

Back to nuking...

[quote name='the wompus' timestamp='1301486343' post='2680600']
Let's not forget also, that even with excellent and fantastic coordination and communication, it's pretty difficult to make a dent in a target (in this case targets) that have huge advantages in NS, Tech, Infra, AF, nukes and pretty much everything else.
[/quote]

True, though we've shaved off 300k NS (around 40% of their pre-war strength) from G-6 in four days, so we've definitely managed to make a wee bit of a dent.

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1301443697' post='2680256']
One of my Drill Instructors once said there'd be people like you.
[/quote]

Your Drill instructor should have talked in length with you about not being a complete idiot and the value of shutting the hell up. Stop giving other Marines a bad name and learn to post with out a picture.

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1301494654' post='2680639']
Your Drill [i][b](I)[/b][/i]instructor should have talked in[i](<[b]at[/b])[/i] length with you about not being a complete idiot and the value of shutting the hell up. Stop giving other Marines a bad name and learn to post with out [i](please spell simple words correctly<[b]without[/b]> before you point fingers)[/i] a picture.
[/quote]
Wow. Yet another stalker. Why should I shut the hell up when my post was completely relevant? You are just too stupid to understand. That is not my problem that so many of you are too stupid to figure it out. Now this is a TE thread so if you do not have a TE nation or anything relevant to the conversation, GTFO! I'm giving you a bad name. Pffft. Mr. Low speed high drag. Your pithy over a picture being used in a post you don't understand is only half the issue. BTW, I made a few fixes to your terrible spelling and grammar.

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1301494654' post='2680639']
Your Drill instructor should have talked in length with you about not being a complete idiot and the value of shutting the hell up. Stop giving other Marines a bad name and learn to post with out a picture.
[/quote]

I tend to agree with Judge X that your comments are rather foolish, to say that they are only foolish is to be rather lenient. To continue to accuse Judge X of giving Marines a bad name is simply foolish, childish and is a great way [u]not[/u] to win an argument.

I personally found his image pretty relevant to the situation at hand, and if you can make a point with an image, theres nothing wrong with it, pure and simple.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1301459246' post='2680432']
I will tell you to shut up, now you're aggravating me. [b]There was a reason to why this was added in our peaces terms[/b] was to prevent fools like yourself from going around and posting how "CONFUSON ENGINEERD DA WARZ" propaganda nonsense. This simply isn't true and is entirely false, what Confusion stated was entirely open to interpretation. There is no proof behind your 'accusations' because it was and is, simply not true.

I will say this again, Confusion did not, NOT, do our target lists. All he did was create a public spreadsheet to which RE and Synergy could use to edit at THEIR will.
[/quote]
It wasn't added because I got bored of arguing the point and I was just about ready to walk out of the negotiations and continue to kick the !@#$ out of you guys, when I just said to hell with it, its not worth it. That is why it wasn't added, period.

Edited by paul711

[quote name='King Ernie' timestamp='1301467096' post='2680520']
I can't post for an Anarchy nudge in OP's boards like I can with LE.
Make more sense now?
[/quote]
Very valid point, we had a guy named Dom Zak down to 900 troops a couple of nights ago, and I sent a PM to Farfrompukin to ask for a nudge. He repsonded that he would look for someone, but that all took time to get together; time in which the target could rebuy.

What King Ernie is saying, is that the whole process is much quicker with in house coordination, not that it is impossible to coordinate between different AAs. We did get the anarchy, though as I posted on our boards and got an OP nation to hit him before an LE could.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1301501965' post='2680687']
It wasn't added because I got bored of arguing the point and I was just about ready to walk out of the negotiations and continue to kick the !@#$ out of you guys, when I just said to hell with it, its not worth it. That is why it wasn't added, period.
[/quote]

Because your assumptions are wrong? I was there, I assigned Synergy's targets, Confusion did not alter any or modify any of Synergy's targets, I did everything.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1301502543' post='2680694']
Because your assumptions are wrong? I was there, I assigned Synergy's targets, Confusion did not alter any or modify any of Synergy's targets, I did everything.
[/quote]
Maybe for Synergy he did but the logs show where he says he helped with the targetting. It is own words not mine.

Edited by paul711

[quote name='Frostfirefox' timestamp='1301503974' post='2680710']
We still have people with defensive slots? Astounding.
[/quote]

You do realize that there is this rule, right?

[quote]You can declare war on anyone as long as they are within the 50% - 200% ration of your strength range[/quote]

And you also realize that a nation can not declare war if they are in Anarchy, right?

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1301505956' post='2680722']
You do realize that there is this rule, right?

And you also realize that a nation can not declare war if they are in Anarchy, right?
[/quote]

Sorry. Are you implying something there? :3

[quote name='Frostfirefox' timestamp='1301506249' post='2680726']
[/quote]

Ask doctaigh or whatever his name is. He can read minds. :lol1:

Its looking like the only G-6ers still in-tact are the ones who specifically avoided nuclear wars and are 4 times my size. But you guys will get yours soon enough.

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1301506480' post='2680729']
But you guys will get yours soon enough.
[/quote]

If you don't pull through on this threat can I make 50 threads about you calling you a liar and stuff?

[quote name='Frostfirefox' timestamp='1301506249' post='2680726']
[/quote]

No need to imply anything since I stated directly 2 of the game's rules. ;)