An Annoucement from the Nordeich-Non Grata Front

I understand this. One can only hope their membership sees it as mirror being held up to them rather than whatever Steve sees it as.

In any case, the rowdiest members of the crowd won't change our stance on the reps here. Cry foul as you may, this was a decision that we agreed on. We'll deal with the consequences of our actions if we need to.

You can't really say it's a "mirror being held up to them" when they don't have arexes, jacapo, zoom, etc. in any governmental capacity in any way. It's like saying Polar is the exact same alliance it was when sponge was in charge.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't really say it's a "mirror being held up to them" when they don't have arexes, jacapo, zoom, etc. in any governmental capacity in any way. It's like saying Polar is the exact same alliance it was when sponge was in charge.

It's still the same alliance though.  Even if the current gov wouldn't do it, it's not unfair for UPN to want a token evening of the scales over such a minor amount.

As someone who was a leader (2nd in charge) of an alliance (MK) who disagreed with a lot of what my former leader did (Leet), I can understand NG's having different leaders who act differently.  But I also didn't expect IC or I to get a "clean slate", and we didn't.  If people had wanted some token term from us in eQ because of something Leet did, I wouldn't have objected, at least on those grounds.

Edited by Azaghul

It's still the same alliance though.  Even if the current gov wouldn't do it, it's not unfair for UPN to want a token evening of the scales over such a minor amount.

As someone who was a leader (2nd in charge) of an alliance (MK) who disagreed with a lot of what my former leader did (Leet), I can understand NG's having different leaders who act differently.  But I also didn't expect IC or I to get a "clean slate", and we didn't.  If people had wanted some token term from us in eQ because of something Leet did, I wouldn't have objected, at least on those grounds.

What if the alliance talking about token terms had recently been an ally? Would that not seem incredibly hypocritical and astoundingly poor form? Edited by Neo Uruk

Goodness, people seriously complaining about paying six millions makes me wish we had not given up on really draconian reparations. This is laughable, just like the whole "we won't surrender" spiel was.

What else do they have? They are trying to make us look "ebil" and what do they got? 6m in reps, making an alliance surrender, and the weak-shit terms that NPO got. Compared to terms laid out in the past, this is the weakest you can get outside of grey/white peace. 

Lol, if these 6 million in reps are so horrible, why not just keep fighting permawar like yall promised to?

Lol, if you only just stopped posting, before thinking about waht you are to say.  That promise was over a carefully chosen wording in the surrender term, as an amicable agreement was reached, the neccesity of a permawar became redundant.  That has only been repeated so many times in more than a few threads :smug:

Goodness, people seriously complaining about paying six millions makes me wish we had not given up on really draconian reparations. This is laughable, just like the whole "we won't surrender" spiel was.

It was not a Spiel, at the time it was a serious option. That promise was over a carefully chosen wording in the surrender term, as an amicable agreement was reached, the neccesity of a permawar became redundant.

What else do they have? They are trying to make us look "ebil" and what do they got? 6m in reps, making an alliance surrender, and the weak-!@#$ terms that NPO got. Compared to terms laid out in the past, this is the weakest you can get outside of grey/white peace. 

But you are Ebil, you are Satan manifest.  There, feel better now :D ?  Having said that, yes, the terms were by no stretch of the imagination, harsh.

Lol, if you only just stopped posting, before thinking about waht you are to say.  That promise was over a carefully chosen wording in the surrender term, as an amicable agreement was reached, the neccesity of a permawar became redundant.  That has only been repeated so many times in more than a few threads :smug:

It was not a Spiel, at the time it was a serious option. That promise was over a carefully chosen wording in the surrender term, as an amicable agreement was reached, the neccesity of a permawar became redundant.

But you are Ebil, you are Satan manifest.  There, feel better now :D ?  Having said that, yes, the terms were by no stretch of the imagination, harsh.

Can I be Beezlebub instead?

Which funnily enough is what everyone has been getting these past few wars...

Which ones? Cuz Dave war had peace mode terms (where nations that were in PM for the duration of the war were punished for being in PM for the duration of the war... shocking I know right.) Grudge war had Hooligans demand $6 million in reps from Biohazard Corporation (wow...) as well as the reps NpO had to pay. 

That leaves eQ. So what past few wars are you talking about cuz I am seeing 1 war. And technically, that war had eQ basically forcing Competence to leave members out to hang with the "The Equilibrium Coalition and all Umbrella Coalition alliances agree to immediately cease hostilities with each other. Any nations which jumped to "splinter" or other such alliances during this war who decide to continue war will be treated as rogues by all parties to this document."   So basically there was a term involved in the surrender of competence to eQ. 

So again, not exactly seeing the "white peace for everyone in the last [insert number] of wars" myth y'all been espousing too. The terms have just gotten different than reps, viceroys, and stuff like that. 

Edited by Dochartaigh

Back in the day when one of my allies wanted to disband UPN for not being good, I wasn't opposed to his plans on any other grounds, that it wasn't geo-politically achievable. I didn't like UPN back then, since those ancient times, I've grown as neutral of them, as of many others.

But when I read this peace announcement, as a proud hegemonist I must admit that I now like UPN.

In principle, reparations are great! So many years of health and prosperity to you, dear coalition ally.

Edited by Solaris

What if the alliance talking about token terms had recently been an ally? Would that not seem incredibly hypocritical and astoundingly poor form?

Would you not consider it poor form of an ally to proactively try and build a coalition against one of your MDoAP partners, whilst you are treatied?

Would you not consider it poor form of an ally to proactively try and build a coalition against one of your MDoAP partners, whilst you are treatied?

You're not special.  Happened to us at least 5 times I can count in the last 4 years.

Which funnily enough is what everyone has been getting these past few wars...

I suppose that by "few wars" you mean one: eQ. And if eQ had no reps, it was not due to a surge of altruism among the nations of Bob.

Grudge had terms.

Dave had terms.

Regarding eQ, some of the combatants had terms in mind when the war ignited. If there were no terms in the end, was because both sides were too matched. Neither had enough advantage to impose terms.

There have been terms in this last war, like there were in all global wars in which one side was strong enough to impose terms. And this time the terms are more lenient than ever.

Edited by Krashnaia

You're not special.  Happened to us at least 5 times I can count in the last 4 years.

I said that last page. Since Karma UPN has gone through it a couple of times. Again, I stress that we had long standing MDoAP-level relationships that we maintain to this day on one side and on the other side we had an ODP-level that was just signed.

Taken completely out of context, it is easy to decide which coalition we should have been with. When put into context, our decision was to stay out.

I feel it's right to mention that, in my capacity as Minister of Finance, I tried to get in touch with NG via IRC to coordinate a rather sizable aid drive for you after the war ended. Unfortunately I got the stiff arm back then too, so I dropped it and we focused on Polaris. I actually completely forgot about this until right now.

I said that last page. Since Karma UPN has gone through it a couple of times. Again, I stress that we had long standing MDoAP-level relationships that we maintain to this day on one side and on the other side we had an ODP-level that was just signed.

Taken completely out of context, it is easy to decide which coalition we should have been with. When put into context, our decision was to stay out.

I feel it's right to mention that, in my capacity as Minister of Finance, I tried to get in touch with NG via IRC to coordinate a rather sizable aid drive for you after the war ended. Unfortunately I got the stiff arm back then too, so I dropped it and we focused on Polaris. I actually completely forgot about this until right now.

Who did you contact?  Some people may have seen it as a slap in the face.

I suppose that by "few wars" you mean one: eQ. And if eQ had no reps, it was not due to a surge of altruism among the nations of Bob.

Grudge had terms.

Dave had terms.

Regarding eQ, some of the combatants had terms in mind when the war ignited. If there were no terms in the end, was because both sides were too matched. Neither had enough advantage to impose terms.

There have been terms in this last war, like there were in all global wars in which one side was strong enough to impose terms. And this time the terms are more lenient than ever.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those forced combat terms in Dave, thought we went two in a row with no terms. Well that's that then :/

Oh yeah, I forgot about those forced combat terms in Dave, thought we went two in a row with no terms. Well that's that then :/

Again what two? Before eQ (which arguably had terms given to Umbrella/co) it was Dave and Grudge both of which had terms. So again, where is this rush of white peace? 

Until we meet again............
Also much <3 to them turd burglar's in NG. But not Stewie or Steve. They smell funny

I was glad to see this war brought you out of (semi?) retirement, man.  There are too few old faces nowadays.

And of course, hats off to all the nations I fought over the course of the war.  Everyone was classy.

-Craig

Again what two? Before eQ (which arguably had terms given to Umbrella/co) it was Dave and Grudge both of which had terms. So again, where is this rush of white peace? 

It's ok, Doch. He admitted he was mistaken.

I know that's an extremely uncommon event in a Forum, but he totally did.

So, kudos to berbers. ;)

Always a chance they're taking the joke in stride and dishing it right back out.

Hey, guess not:

There's Doombird trademark three 400k NS nations on a 100k target. You sure showed them

Is this the part where everyone offended by a 6 million rep term jumps in? Honestly if you are all so offended I'll send you 6 million from my vaunted 3k nation and you can stop crying. At this point you're all just looking for something to complain about - petty politics