PNN International Issue #18
"She took our money, the car, the house, but she didn't take our pens."

This edition features:

- Pacifica Surpasses Eleven Million Damage
- Interviews With The Defending Coalition
- A Game of Thrones
- A Salute To Those Who Stood With The Pacific

stats.jpg

Pacifica Surpasses Eleven Million Damage!

After a bit over 3 months of war, the New Pacific Order has surpassed 11 million of nation strength damage dealt to its opponents, duly representing a fifth of the total damage imposed by the Sith Coalition.

This keeps the New Pacific Order squarely at first place for overall damage dealt in this war, reaffirming the Order’s reputation as a committed and disciplined war machine. The momentousness of this achievement is highlighted by there being a 4 million damage output gap between Pacifica and the second placed alliance, the New Polar Order. A gap which is no doubt aided by the fact that in wars between the two alliances, the New Pacific Order has dealt 950,000 more in NS damage than it has received. 

Warstats.png

This phenomenal damage output has of course come at a cost; despite having dealt a lot more damage than it has taken, the New Pacific Order has still taken the most damage in the war, at 10.4 million (4 million more than its allies in Non Grata, which is second highest). The damage has been most concentrated in the upper tier; the Order has had 40 nations fall out from its 80k+ NS tier, and over 70 nations fall out of its 50k+ tier. It is these nations that have fought the hardest to cause this damage, and they deserve a salute and recognition for their service in defending the Order from this war of aggression. Not to be deterred, the Order’s soldiers have been marching forward against a plethora of low-NS targets, dealing 700k damage per week in January, despite the war having wound down to a lower level of activity. 

Warstats-2.png

The Order has also fought more wars than any other alliance. In fact, the Order has fought 1,351 more wars than the next closest alliance. Compared to alliances from the aggressor coalition, the Order has fought a significantly higher amount of wars per nation. A special shout out to our allies in Non Grata, with the highest number of wars per nation of any sanctioned alliance. 

Warstats-3.png

Possibly one of the most interesting stats is damage dealt per nation. The aggressor coalition will end the war out-damaging the defender coalition (63,462,623.47 vs 61,020,852.80). However, at the height of the war the aggressor coalition had roughly 650 more nations than the defender coalition. What this means is that the aggressor has done considerably less damage per nation than the defensive coalition. This embodies the fighting tenacity of the Order and her allies. Despite seemingly insurmountable odds, the individual nations of the defending coalition committed themselves fully to the fighting. 

interview.gif

Interviews with the Defending Coalition

We Are Not Alone: Hello and welcome to the Pacific News Network, Overlord Shinnra.
OverlordShinnra: Glad to be here.
WANA So you're the newly minted Secretary General of the Orange Defense Network, correct?

OS That is correct.

WANA Your alliance is currently part of the defensive coalition that is opposing what this publication has deemed, the "Optional Aggression" Coalition. Can you tell us what your initial feelings on this war were?
OS There was too much resentment (earned or not) towards the NPO over Equilibrium. There was also plenty of ambition from other alliances to keep NPO out of the top spot. When TOP/NpO partnered this was inevitable. So this war did not come as a surprise.

WANA While this war has shown the sheer amount of disunity within the enemy coalition, our coalition has seemed to stay relatively stable, comments on this?

OS As I'm not part of the enemy coalition it is hard to say how much unity they have or don't have. From my observations of the enemy coalition I would venture to guess that if there were any disunity it is due to the nature of the coalition. You have many alliances there for many different reasons. Some want to see NPO burn for what they feel was a slight during Equilibrium. Some might be genuinely interested in defending NpO from a perceived threat in NSO/NG. Many more have other ideas in mind for why they are in the war. Not all of these ideas mesh and thus the disunity as the war progresses. We saw this with GOD as they defended allies on both sides. They simply aren't partaking in the coalition game on either side of this war. It is difficult to maintain a coalition like that. On the other hand, those on our side of things have pretty much one common goal which is the defense of an ally/allies.

WANA Now with so many different alliances who're fighting in this war, who has stood out to you?

OS I think its been mainly the same culprits that have been impressing. NPO has both taken and dished out the most damage thus far this war despite complaints that they aren't fully fighting. Umbrella and TOP are also impressive for how smart their wars have been by taking little damage while still doing a sizeable amount. If I had to pick someone who isn't the usual culprit I would have to say Mi6 has impressed me. I really didn't expect much from them and they surely proved me wrong thus far.

WANA What implications do you feel this war has on global politics, and Cybernations?
OS This war has continued the rise of the "super nation". We saw in Equilibrium that these huge nations could hold par even against significantly more NS. In this war we are seeing how effective they can be in the winning coalition. The damage discrepancies for high Avg. Ns alliances such as DBDC, Umbrella and TOP have proven this model works. I believe mass-recruiting alliances are going to have adapt to compete going forward or continue to get pummeled into the ground. Global politics will now be centered around the TOP-NpO partnership going forward as long as that remains stable. Going forward I think your going to find its harder and harder for an average cybernations player to remain interested when the top 1-2% of nations can take over the entire game on a whim.
We are going to continue to see a downward spiral in membership as long as this holds true I'm afraid.

WANA Well that's all the time we have for today, I would like to thank you once again for your time, and the leadership that you, your alliance, and every participant in this war has shown.
This is We Are Not Alone, signing off, co-editor of the Pacific News Network.

OS Thx again for having me.
WANA No problem, thanks for doing this on such short notice.
OS Anytime.

odd_game_of_throne_toilet_1_1.jpg

A Game of Thrones

While many people will tell you that there is nothing more relaxing than sitting in your favourite chair, turning off all electronic tethers to the rest of the world, and diving head-first into a good book; I'm here again as Voice of the Order to inform the public of a better way.

Reading whilst on the toilet.

The loo is a natural meditative environment, and the best possible place to really get into a good book. Imagine, if you will: You're sitting on your throne of choice. The cool porcelain is caressing your skin and the gentle *plunk* of something falling into water is lulling you into a state of calm unmatched by any other sensation. Your washroom of choice is hopefully a closed-off area, away from the rest of the world and even your family. A place of peace and tranquility. A place that is utterly undisturbable and quiet. The best place in the world to be at that moment.

I would like to take this time to point out some not-so-obvious health risks before I go on: Sitting too long in any place can put strain on your body and have harmful effects on you. Especially a hard surface such as porcelain. I would suggest only reading as long as it takes to finish your business and then moving to a more comfortable location if you want to continue reading.

As long as you don't take too long though, you can enjoy the serenity of your bathroom to the fullest extent with a good book in hand. If you're like me, never taking too long at any one "event" can also be a boon in that it will force you to pace your reading. Allowing you to digest the information and enjoy the entire book for a longer period of time.

Reading is, afterall, a journey and not a race. The book is there for your pleasure, for you to escape reality for a brief moment and throw away the worries of the world in order to play politics with Cersei or traverse Mirkwood with Bilbo. Say what you want about it being a terrible Christmas present, but a book truly is the best gift one can receive.

Spock_vulcan-salute.png

A Salute to those who Stood with the Pacific

Many of Pacifica’s friends and allies knowingly entered this war with some reluctance, fighting to resolve an unnecessary situation in part resulting from the Pacific’s own tepid foreign affairs policy. To their credit, despite the numerical disparity, they did not waver. Through our combined struggle, we have matched the Aggressors' coalition almost blow for blow - keeping the damage totals between the two sides close for all these long months of war.

Their support became ever more valuable as the focus of the other side’s aggression changed. Initially claiming to fight to eliminate a threat to Polaris, the Polar coalition instead worked to achieve their desired level of punitive terms on the New Pacific Order; terms designed so as to inflict the most concentrated amount of damage to the very nations that had fought the hardest, and under the coming proposed peace could be denied some opportunity to rebuild.

The New Pacific Order had notified – and even encouraged – all of our allies that they were not obligated to keep defending us against the aggressive desires of the opposing coalition. The Order has fought hard enough to inflict a staggering 11m of damage to its opponents, and we could have kept fighting while our allies rebuilt, regardless of the personal cost to the Order. Our allies instead collectively notified us that they would not leave us alone before the onslaught of a force that sought to cripple us.

This sentiment was all the more admirable in the face of the lies propagated by the Aggressors of this conflict and designed to drive a wedge in the coalition. The Polar coalition made every effort to try and paint the Pacific as the impediment to peace – all the while refusing for months to negotiate whilst the Pacific’s friends and allies remained in the war. A particular falsehood used as a justification to prolong the war was the lie that the NPO had been exploiting its allies by preventing them from seeking peace – when the truth is the very opposite.

The New Pacific Order had throughout the war both encouraged its allies to find peace and led numerous attempts to start negotiations on its own. Initially, the Order and her allies were mostly spurned by the aggressors, who made it clear that they wished to see a certain damage quota inflicted on the Order before they are sated. As the months dragged on and the damage numbers slowly ticked up, a tentative peace agreement came into form. The Order's allies have begun to seek peace one-by-one, and we commend their efforts during this war.

It is when people are under pressure that their innermost feelings come out, and where the truest of friendships are tested. The ability of our allies to keep up despite the immense level of pressure levied against them is a true testament to their tenacity, and for that they deserve a callout and a debt of gratitude from the Order. The New Pacific Order wishes you the best of luck as you embark now upon the process of rebuilding. 

From the whole of the Body Republic, thank you for your loyalty and dedication. 

This concludes the

Eighteenth

edition of

Pacific News Network International

This edition has been the intellectual brainchild of Applesauce59, Holton, JollyGreen, Letum, Qazzian, Scourge, Vengashii, and WANA.

Warstats-3.png

Possibly one of the most interesting stats is damage dealt per nation. The aggressor coalition will end the war out-damaging the defender coalition (63,462,623.47 vs 61,020,852.80). However, at the height of the war the aggressor coalition had roughly 650 more nations than the defender coalition. What this means is that the aggressor has done considerably less damage per nation than the defensive coalition. This embodies the fighting tenacity of the Order and her allies. Despite seemingly insurmountable odds, the individual nations of the defending coalition committed themselves fully to the fighting. 

It also means that you've received far more damage per nation than the average of your opponents.

Warstats-2.png

Need some snopes on this !@#$%*. 

Wars per nation (Kaskus): 20.8

OS I think its been mainly the same culprits that have been impressing. NPO has both taken and dished out the most damage thus far this war despite complaints that they aren't fully fighting. Umbrella and TOP are also impressive for how smart their wars have been by taking little damage while still doing a sizeable amount. If I had to pick someone who isn't the usual culprit I would have to say Mi6 has impressed me. I really didn't expect much from them and they surely proved me wrong thus far.

MI6 wasn't even in top 10 of net damage. NoR/NPL/Fark were the surprises there for me. REF: click

Edited by Unknown Smurf

I believe that the issue here is that these stats were compiled under the basis that Kaskus was involved in a separate conflict

This is an element of it, but we also only did the top 10 alliances in damage inflicted due to time constrains. Congrats to Kaskus, though, for that really impressive number.