• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1299768880' post='2658512']
Ring-a-ring-o-roses....
[/quote]

I can neither confirm nor deny your Crystal Ball, however, it wouldn't take rocket science to figure the the best move for those who enjoy a more relaxed way of life on the planet we reside.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299764657' post='2658464']
While I'll grant that this thread was, perhaps, a bit more snarky than necessary, it certainly does seem that lately, Xiphosis has done quite a bit of talking on behalf of alliances he is not a member of. Perhaps Xiph has been picked as the unofficial spokesperson for his little corner of the web, and folks are playing the RAWR XIPHOSIS game a bit too freely. On the other hand, maybe Xiphosis is getting a bit big for his britches, and the elements this has directly effected don't particularly appreciate his particular brand of WINNING.
[/quote]

I have a secret hope that my grandstanding generates some kind of response from the Commonwealth other than their enrenched allies speaking for them, or the hedging one-liners that have seemed so popular as of late. Maybe we'll luck out and this will kickstart something on the back end (as we've heard little to nothing from the CSN since before the war started, and it seems their former MoFA wasn't able to stoop to using the forums to contact us).

Or maybe it'll generate missiles launched from the SuperFriends for our perceived grievances. So it goes.

(In reality, I [i]really[/i] wanted to use Walter and the Mooninites. Good imagery helps promote entertaining announcements.)

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1299770909' post='2658534']
I have a secret hope that my grandstanding generates some kind of response from the Commonwealth. A response, other than their entrenched allies speaking for them, or the hedging one-liners that have seemed so popular as of late. Maybe we'll luck out and this will kick-start something on the back end (as we've heard little to nothing from the CSN since before the war started, and it seems their former MoFA wasn't able to stoop to using the forums to contact us).

Or maybe it'll generate missiles launched from the SuperFriends for our perceived grievances. So it goes.

(In reality, I [i]really[/i] wanted to use Walter and the Mooninites. Good imagery helps promote entertaining announcements.)
[/quote]

Someone who mocks an MDP partner publicaly isn't someone we want in our bloc or our sphere. Someone who cancels on a well established plan, when there was plenty of time to cancel. Someone who bails on an ally earlier.

Private channels

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1299771792' post='2658539']
Someone who mocks an MDP partner publicaly isn't someone we want in our bloc or our sphere. Someone who cancels on a well established plan, when there was plenty of time to cancel. Someone who bails on an ally earlier.

Private channels
[/quote]

Ah, yes. The private channels that are curr-

Wait, [i]you[/i] aren't CSN. How silly of me.

Let me then say that I'm very sorry we couldn't be the patsy you wanted us to be. I'll also take this to mean that Chestnut is going to make an announcement very soon evicting us from Maroon? Or did I just let another cat out of the bag?

That should be a hoot.

The Commonwealth I [s]know[/s] knew would've been amused by the joke. Perhaps it's undue influence from another source that's firmly lodged the stick. They are, after all, always welcome on our forums and I hold no personal ill will.

However, I'll be damned if I'm not going to have some fun with this.

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1299772812' post='2658550']

Let me then say that I'm very sorry we couldn't be the patsy you wanted us to be. I'll also take this to mean that Chestnut is going to make an announcement very soon evicting us from Maroon? Or did I just let another cat out of the bag?

[/quote]

All of the white team would welcome you here. We wouldn't even make you sign a treaty to be here. I don't think anyone will even ask you to sign one. Sphere unity is stupid. Or cancel trades in retribution for... well, I'm still trying to figure out what it is you've done that is so awful.

Oh. It appears you've spoken against the status quo.

We don't have one of those over on white, unless you count Tyga's agenda.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299772267' post='2658542']
What on earth? I certainly wasn't expecting [i]this[/i].

Man, by the time Goose gets back from his vacation we'll have no treaties left. :P
[/quote]

karma is a !@#$%* huh?
:rolleyes:

Honestly, I really doubt any of the other eleven spheres would object to The Brain moving over.

And, yeah, this is how Maroon has worked for quite some time. Cora's right. Although the specific circumstances of the Chestnut-USN drama during Karma and the Brain-CSN drama of recent times are different, the basic essence is the same: do what Xiph says or get out of CA.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299773260' post='2658555']
All of the white team would welcome you here. We wouldn't even make you sign a treaty to be here. I don't think anyone will even ask you to sign one. Sphere unity is stupid. Or cancel trades in retribution for... well, I'm still trying to figure out what it is you've done that is so awful.

Oh. It appears you've spoken against the status quo.

We don't have one of those over on white, unless you count Tyga's agenda.
[/quote]
I second Pez's statement. There also isn't any Tomfoolery[yes I like to use Tomfoolery] on white. How can someone kick you off of a sphere because your not BFF's anymore? The White sphere always has open arms to the pursuit of knowledge.

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1299775005' post='2658581']
I second Pez's statement. There also isn't any Tomfoolery[yes I like to use Tomfoolery] on white. How can someone kick you off of a sphere because your not BFF's anymore? The White sphere always has open arms to the pursuit of knowledge.
[/quote]

I believe our two alliances existed quite happily on the same sphere together, even trading amongst each other, all while wanting to rip each others' throats out for a couple of years.

You know, I changed my mind. Anyone can come here but Xiphosis. Deal?

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299775174' post='2658583']
I believe our two alliances existed quite happily on the same sphere together, even trading amongst each other, all while wanting to rip each others' throats out for a couple of years.

You know, I changed my mind. Anyone can come here but Xiphosis. Deal?
[/quote]

We only wear white after the Krymson holiday of Memorial Day celebrating our fallen technology. Sorry

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1299775314' post='2658585']
We only wear white after the Krymson holiday of Memorial Day celebrating our fallen technology. Sorry
[/quote]

Right now, you guys are red and covered with Tiger Blood anyway.

I DO hope that The Brain is able to find a home they are comfortable in, and I hope that is on their current sphere. Sphere changes are a nightmare.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299775373' post='2658586']
Right now, you guys are red and covered with Tiger Blood anyway.
[/quote]

It enhances our adonis DNA

Good luck to The Brain and CSN in sorting this all out.

Edited by janax

I love how everyone is running with whatever the brain says here. Nobody has said anything about kicking the brain off any sphere and I very much doubt they intend to do so. So this whole discussion over where poor little brain should go to be safe from the evil CSN empire is fairly unnecessary.

At least the brain keeps showing CSN over and over that they made the right call cancelling the treaty.

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1299770909' post='2658534']
I have a secret hope that my grandstanding generates some kind of response from the Commonwealth other than their enrenched allies speaking for them, or the hedging one-liners that have seemed so popular as of late. Maybe we'll luck out and this will kickstart something on the back end (as we've heard little to nothing from the CSN since before the war started, and it seems their former MoFA wasn't able to stoop to using the forums to contact us).

[/quote]
First, I love that you just completely made up the idea that you preempted an attempt to boot you from the CA. It may or may not be true, but you have no evidence it is, yet you imply in several posts that you do. The decision to leave was your decision.

Second, it's been implied that your alliance is being booted from Maroon. No one has ever even suggested that you should leave, let alone that you're required to leave.

Third, are you unaware of where our forum lies? Last I checked the link to our forum was available to everyone, publicly. Somehow a representative of LoSS made it there, so I'm pretty sure it's possible for our oh-so-good friends to find it, no? I seem to have missed all the threads where you tried ever so hard to communicate with us. I'll say that I'm among those in CSN who openly questioned our handling of the treaty with you, but I must say I like your handling of it less. You and I have had our issues, but I hold the majority of The Brain in high regard. I knew little of this drama until you made it public, but I also know enough about it to know that you had other venues that would have been better suited to the discussions you claim to want.

Attempting to use the OWF is somehow encourage communications that you could have started directly is childish. Launching attacks at CSN because you're upset they canceled your treaty is childish. And pretending that your attacks are all in good fun because you're not man enough to be honest is childish. If you held even a modicum of the respect you claim to hold and you were the adults you claim to be, then it would more than abundantly clear that this is bad behavior on your part. Furthering conspiracies about Maroon, GOD, and CSN is not something you should be doing to friends, especially since your claim that it was in "jest" seems to fall a little flat given the outright attacks that have been leveled by you and others in this thread and others toward CSN.

But, hey, all of the above is in jest. See, that makes it just like I didn't say it at all. Seriously, in what world do we think putting "j/k" after insults erases them? My nephews stopped using that argument when they hit high school.