To: Anyone who cares. From: The Brain

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1299787600' post='2658893']
That is the convenience of hindsight. 35 minutes before update, Gibs queried Sam asking what was going on. Sam told him "we can't do way because of xyz". Then The Brain jumps in after having explicitly told us that they were not going in that night. It doesn't get any more clearer regarding that major gaff in communication.[/quote]
I'm sure I'm not dreaming, but wasn't this presented as some [i]major[/i] event earlier in this thread? I'm pretty sure it was and I'm wondering just how much bickering you people have been responsible for, this crap needs to stop, it's just embarrassing. It really isn't a big deal, to suggest otherwise is just laughable.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1299787600' post='2658893']
Why, because our allies actually support us through the good and the bad? We have talked to our allies and they have made their opinions clear. It is not necessary, nor does it change the fact that we would still be in Chestnut in essence (similar to how Fark is essentially still in SF!).
[/quote]
Well your allies in this case would be your Maroon allies, specifically your CA's allies, I couldn't care about any other allies you have as this thread concerns the CA's.

I find it very hard to believe that all the Maroon alliances support your recent actions, I really do. I fear you're about to bring the whole house of cards crashing down, I'd rather see you leave before that happens quite frankly.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1299785478' post='2658834']
That is not my fault that your internal communication was botched. The fact is that the message was relayed to us at the last possible moment; we wouldn't have even known had we not messaged you. That is our beef with this entire ordeal.
[/quote]

So much for honesty. Sam got his info at the last minute, and he made a judgement call. I'd say deal with it, but it's clear you couldn't.

[quote]
I have personally seen no such discussion or evidence to support this. Be that as it may, how would that type of situation set you up to be a patsy? We were [i]going[/i] to piggy back you; that reflects poorer on us than it does you, especially given that you had a treaty obligation to SLCB, yes? We would have been the ones chaining in, so either way our entry into the war was questionable.
[/quote]

Yes, you personally. Nice hedging! We made the choice to support [i]you[/i] since SCLB was on the other side of the particular fracas. Thanks, guys.

[quote]
If you were [i]really[/i] against it, then you should have voiced your concern to us instead of going out, pursuing peace without giving us even the slightest hint you were doing so, and then badmouth us to our opponents. Last I checked, The Brain did not declare war on DT [i]anyways[/i], so I'm not sure how you would even be remotely a part of it. Everyone knew exactly which alliance was making the demands.
[/quote]

We were being asked to stay in while LoSS was pursuing peace with everyone else? Thank you, no. You wanted us to stay so you could extort tech.

[quote]
So not obligating your Mutual Defense Pact with SLCB is "no reason to go to war"? :blink: Granted LoSS had not declared on SLCB, there was most certainly obligation to come to their defense against \m/, TKTB, UINE, TCU, and RIA. The reason LoSS was hit was because not only were they on this front, but they also were the least engaged compared to the aforementioned alliances that declared on SLCB.
[/quote]

Yes, there was. In retrospect, I would've been much more comfortable declaring on another member of CA rather than following you people in so you could do this. That's for us to live with, and with us to fix.

We had no obligation to come in on your side, to declare on who you wanted us to declare on, and for us to fight who you wanted to fight. We did anyway, and we see what continues to happen.

[quote]
Communication is a two-way road.
[/quote]

Yes, it is. Once you decide to come halfway, we'll see you there. Again, I won't hold my breath.

I'd like to personally thank you for this thread, Xiao. As you know, I've always been a fan of your failures on the OWF. As always, you not being able to think a move or two ahead exposes your dishonesty rather quickly. Thanks for that.

What we've discovered from this thread is that you actually did intentionally and pointedly put the 40K techno beats term in to protest the reps against an ally. Who did you discuss your displeasure with first? LoSS, an enemy.

We've discovered that your barbs aren't just in jest. They were meant to piss us off because you were hoping we'd be pissed enough to use private channels. Why you didn't use private channels in the first place is beyond me, but I've never been one to defend your thought processes in the past.

We've discovered that at no time did you try to communicate your actions with us. Only us with you. Yet you're complaint is that we didn't do that enough. Apparently, keeping up our alliance with one another was our responsibility but beneath you.

Incidentally, when you didn't show up on time for the war, we did deal with it. We attacked anyway. And when you bailed on the war, we did deal with it, we kept fighting. And when you bagged on us publicly, we did deal with it, we canceled our treaty with you. And guess how you found out we had an issue with all of these things? We communicated privately to you via our treaty cancellation.

When you had an issue with reps, you communicated it to LoSS, but not us. When you had an issue with what you suspected was your alliance being set up, you communicated to no one. When you wanted to peace out, you communicated with LoSS, but not us. All of these were initiated by you and not communicated to us. The actions we initiated were communicated to you. That's why you knew we were cancelling our treaty.

Hey, keep this thread going though. As usual, you seem to have been totally and utterly blind-side but the natural progression of a thread you started. You must be great at chess.

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1299789146' post='2658937']
So much for honesty. Sam got his info at the last minute, and he made a judgement call. I'd say deal with it, but it's clear you couldn't.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Good thing we were told he had [i]just[/i] received the information, right? Good thing you guys came to us to tell us that something was going on, right?

[quote][00:26] <SamFisher202> Internal Brain stuff, sadly some important evidence is being presented to me, and I'm reconsidering the brain's role in this war.
[...]
[00:28] <SamFisher202> It's from a private source, once I get it, I'll review it, and see what to do next.
01[00:28] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> so youre not declaring war?
[00:29] <SamFisher202> At this time, until my source explains everything in detail to me, I'll have to keep things on hold.[/quote]

But spin it however you please. After this I am absolving myself of this thread.

[quote]Yes, you personally. Nice hedging! We made the choice to support [i]you[/i] since SCLB was on the other side of the particular fracas. Thanks, guys.[/quote]

Me personally? No, I have not seen any evidence to support your claims. At all. And SLCB was on the other side of the war?

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/PB-NpO_War

Not only does the wiki point out that you are wrong, but also just by looking at their declarations would point out the falsehood in your claim.

They declared war on by \m/, UINE, TCU, and TKTB after SLCB declared war on TIO (if I remember correctly). Notice which side they were on? RIA also declared war on SLCB, but RIA was on both sides of the war. So I'm not sure where you are getting SLCB being on the other side from.

[quote]We were being asked to stay in while LoSS was pursuing peace with everyone else? Thank you, no. You wanted us to stay so you could extort tech.[/quote]

So you decided to bad mouth us? Shibby.

[quote]Yes, there was. In retrospect, I would've been much more comfortable declaring on another member of CA rather than following you people in so you could do this. That's for us to live with, and with us to fix.[/quote]

Glad to see that you hold/held CA in such high regard.

[quote][b]We had no obligation to come in on your side[/b], to declare on who you wanted us to declare on, and for us to fight who you wanted to fight. We did anyway, and we see what continues to happen.[/quote]

To the bold part: yes you did, seeing as how SLCB was on our side. The rest of it: no, you didn't have to, but you did anyways. What regret you feel afterward is a consequence of your decision. While I did not want to see my allies burn for our decisions, it also would have been actually respectful for you to have let us known you were peacing out. The fact that we pretty much found out you had peaced out over the OWF was, in of itself, rather damaging to our relationship. And it also plays as another fine example of the lack of communication as of late.

[quote]Yes, it is. Once you decide to come halfway, we'll see you there. Again, I won't hold my breath.
[/quote]

So we have to come to you to find out that you are having internal problems?
So we have to come to you to find out that you are peacing out?
So we have to come to you to find out that you disagree with our actions?
So we have to come to you to find out that you are bad mouthing us behind our backs?
So we have to come to you to find out that you were going to cancel the treaty anyways?

You make the claim that we know where to find you, but you also know where to find us, particularly our forums.

When we wanted you to attack LoSS, we communicated that to you.
When something was going on internally, you did not communicate with us until we communicated with you.
When you decided you were going to get peace with LoSS, you let the OWF and LoSS (and their allies) know, but you didn't communicate with us.
When you displayed your opposition to the reparations to DT, you communicated with LoSS (and essentially their allies) and the OWF know, but you didn't communicate with us.

After having dealt with a lot of the OWF crap you guys have pulled in the past and put it all aside, and this blatant failure of communication amongst others, we directly conveyed the message to you as clear as possible: the treaty is being canceled. I'm sorry that it pissed you off so much that you felt the need to make a public spectacle out of it.

[quote name='Emperor Khan' timestamp='1299789102' post='2658936']
Well your allies in this case would be your Maroon allies, specifically your CA's allies, I couldn't care about any other allies you have as this thread concerns the CA's.

I find it very hard to believe that all the Maroon alliances support your recent actions, I really do. I fear you're about to bring the whole house of cards crashing down, I'd rather see you leave before that happens quite frankly.
[/quote]

Who do you think I was referring to? Yes, I was talking about our Maroon allies. I also did not say they supported our recent actions regarding reps, so you may want to reread what I wrote. Supporting your friends and supporting their actions are two distinct and dichotomous things. But go ahead, don't believe me and ask them yourself. You'll be quaintly surprised.

[hr]

With that I wipe my hands clean of this thread as this is going absolutely nowhere.

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1299790313' post='2658960']
I'd like to personally thank you for this thread, Xiao. As you know, I've always been a fan of your failures on the OWF. As always, you not being able to think a move or two ahead exposes your dishonesty rather quickly. Thanks for that.
[/quote]

Quite welcome. I was sure to try and use small words so you could understand them. It seems you could!

[quote]
What we've discovered from this thread is that you actually did intentionally and pointedly put the 40K techno beats term in to protest the reps against an ally. Who did you discuss your displeasure with first? LoSS, an enemy.
[/quote]

Seems you discussed your displeasure with us at the same time, so there you are. From the discussions I was seeing, I'd been led to believe we [i]did[/i] discuss our displeasure with you. At one point, seems we'd been offered part of that deal as well.

[quote]
We've discovered that your barbs aren't just in jest. They were meant to piss us off because you were hoping we'd be pissed enough to use private channels. Why you didn't use private channels in the first place is beyond me, but I've never been one to defend your thought processes in the past.
[/quote]

No, you haven't. You just like being acidic and calling it witty and thought-provoking.

It wasn't even to use private channels. It was to just [i]respond[/i].

[quote]
We've discovered that at no time did you try to communicate your actions with us. Only us with you. Yet you're complaint is that we didn't do that enough. Apparently, keeping up our alliance with one another was our responsibility but beneath you.
[/quote]

Well I wasn't trying to talk with you, personally. Talking with you is useless. We did communicate our intentions before the fact, and once we'd heard there was a response I made the post. The negotiations had been done, and LoSS was anxious to move on.

[quote]
Incidentally, when you didn't show up on time for the war, we did deal with it. We attacked anyway. And when you bailed on the war, we did deal with it, we kept fighting. And when you bagged on us publicly, we did deal with it, we canceled our treaty with you. And guess how you found out we had an issue with all of these things? We communicated privately to you via our treaty cancellation. [/quote]

Retroactively, yes. But no, you haven't really dealt with it all that well. We had a concern, said we were delaying, you folks seem to have privately flipped the @*%& out, and then they let you off the leash to act the fool. Again I say, if <24 hours is such a problem, then there's a greater issue at stake. Why was it so important for us to go first?

[quote]
When you had an issue with reps, you communicated it to LoSS, but not us. When you had an issue with what you suspected was your alliance being set up, you communicated to no one. When you wanted to peace out, you communicated with LoSS, but not us. All of these were initiated by you and not communicated to us. The actions we initiated were communicated to you. That's why you knew we were cancelling our treaty.
[/quote]

Not that you were cancelling, that you did cancel. That you were the ones setting us up, and so on. I'll just be repeating myself over here until you get it.

[quote]
Hey, keep this thread going though. As usual, you seem to have been totally and utterly blind-side but the natural progression of a thread you started. You must be great at chess.
[/quote]

It'll go until it doesn't, Joca.

I get that you have a problem with me. I get that you've been rather butthurt by my treatment of you in the time you've been playing. Really, I do. I know it's been awhile since you haven't been butthurt. I was getting worried when I could be arsed to remember. I think it's a good thing that you've found a stable home where you can continue to act the fool at my expense; really it's fine. In the end, what have you really lost?

[i]The entire alliance associated with someone you don't like no longer has anything to do with you.[/i] Isn't that fun? Now you don't have to pretend and you can continue to act the fool all you like. In public, even! Now everyone can share the same annoyances I had to when you first got too big for your britches. It'll be great, really.

I don't really see this thread going anywhere productive. I left my thoughts on the maroonity forums yesterday when I still had access. It was a good time while it lasted but all things must come to an end.

Best of luck to the signatories of the Chestnut Accords. If you want to talk send a PM, I won't be doing it here.

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1299791523' post='2658992']
Quite welcome. I was sure to try and use small words so you could understand them. It seems you could![/quote]

Thank you. Hardly, a word over two syllables. I appreciate it. It was very helpful. Thank you for not considering your next or last post when writing each post as well. That also made things easier.

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1299791523' post='2658992']Seems you discussed your displeasure with us at the same time, so there you are. From the discussions I was seeing, I'd been led to believe we [i]did[/i] discuss our displeasure with you. At one point, seems we'd been offered part of that deal as well. [/quote]

We did? When? Please, who discussed our displeasure with you to the enemy? Please, give their name. When? You got logs?

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1299791523' post='2658992']Retroactively, yes. But no, you haven't really dealt with it all that well. We had a concern, said we were delaying, you folks seem to have privately flipped the @*%& out, and then they let you off the leash to act the fool. Again I say, if <24 hours is such a problem, then there's a greater issue at stake. Why was it so important for us to go first?[/quote]

You don't like how we dealt with it. I get that. But we dealt with it. And we dealt with it to The Brain. We didn't deal with it by going to your enemies nor the OWF. We're just the kind of !@#$%bags to address our concerns with you to you. Sorry we didn't take your approach. We'll try to be more honorable and Brain-y in the future.

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1299791523' post='2658992']Not that you were cancelling, that you did cancel. That you were the ones setting us up, and so on. I'll just be repeating myself over here until you get it.[/quote]

It wasn't up for discussion. The things you did were done. We'd have initiated discussions if there were discussions to be had, but after you bad-mouthed us to enemies, and to the world, and failed in so many regards, there wasn't an acceptable explanation. What explanation do you possibly think you could have given that would have changed our minds? That the entire cast of Glee hacked your accounts?

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1299791523' post='2658992']It'll go until it doesn't, Joca.

I get that you have a problem with me. I get that you've been rather butthurt by my treatment of you in the time you've been playing. Really, I do. I know it's been awhile since you haven't been butthurt. I was getting worried when I could be arsed to remember. I think it's a good thing that you've found a stable home where you can continue to act the fool at my expense; really it's fine. In the end, what have you really lost?

[i]The entire alliance associated with someone you don't like no longer has anything to do with you.[/i] Isn't that fun? Now you don't have to pretend and you can continue to act the fool all you like. In public, even! Now everyone can share the same annoyances I had to when you first got too big for your britches. It'll be great, really.
[/quote]
Heh, I'm not butthurt about beating you the last time. I like winning. And yes, getting an entire alliance to back down from five nations was winning. Owning you on the OWF was a great time. Getting the nations you asked to attack me to privately declare a ceasefire against your orders was a lot of fun. And in the process I protected every single nation you wanted to attack until all you could do was shake your fist impotently on the OWF. Much like you're doing now.

And as you point out, what did it cost me? Nothing. Nothing at all. Since then I went to your own alliance, the alliance you ran, and joined them which again caused you impotently shake your fist in rage. And after all your hand-wringing I ended up bigger, stronger, more respected and with more loyal followers than I would have had absent your little bit of fun.

Good times, brother. Seriously, if you're ever in my neck of the woods, let me know. I've got the first round. Bring freelancer with you. We'll all get together and impotently shake our fists as people walking by refuse to do our bidding.

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1299791523' post='2658992']Seems you discussed your displeasure with us at the same time, so there you are. From the discussions I was seeing, I'd been led to believe we [i]did[/i] discuss our displeasure with you. At one point, seems we'd been offered part of that deal as well.

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1299793668' post='2659059']We did? When? Please, who discussed our displeasure with you to the enemy? Please, give their name. When? You got logs?[/quote][/quote]

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99601&view=findpost&p=2656970]Here[/url]'s a public example you might have seen before.

[quote name='Sam Winters' timestamp='1299618012' post='2656970']
I can't say this wasn't expected as CSN gov expressed to me their feelings about The Brain even before the peace agreement, and especially after.[/quote]

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1299792468' post='2659027']
This is really no surprise to some of us. While every sphere has its problems, to be on Maroon you have to play everything one way. I'll let everyone here figure out what way that is.
[/quote]
Agreed. And it's time for those that do actually care about the Maroon sphere to speak out, this crap has gone on far too long.

[quote name='Freelancer' timestamp='1299769493' post='2658519']
I can neither confirm nor deny your Crystal Ball, however, it wouldn't take rocket science to figure the the best move for those who enjoy a more relaxed way of life on the planet we reside.
[/quote]
Sadly, my crystal ball is shockingly accurate. I wish it were not, since these prophesies only portend grief.