The Flood Empire.

Avakael

http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Alliance=The%20Flood%20Empire

142 members joined in just 7 days, nearly all of them very new countries and apparently no DoE or protection? I'm tempted to say that I'm not buying the legitimacy, but I suspect they're actually an invasion alliance with no connections or knowledge about the rest of the game. Can anyone shed some light on these chaps? I'm curious.

I do see some tech raids since many of their DoWs and attackers are seemly random. It appears that two raiders attempted to hit FE's members and got themselves triple-teamed. Not a good source of raid targets unless if an alliance decided to DoW on them without announcing it on the forums.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1298770160' post='2645725']
Wonder why this hasn't seemed the hype of Facepunch...
[/quote]

People are busy with their wars?

I spoke to them all be it briefly, and they seem like a good bunch of folks.

[quote name='Avakael' timestamp='1298763667' post='2645663']
http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Alliance=The%20Flood%20Empire

142 members joined in just 7 days, nearly all of them very new countries and apparently no DoE or protection? I'm tempted to say that I'm not buying the legitimacy, but I suspect they're actually an invasion alliance with no connections or knowledge about the rest of the game. Can anyone shed some light on these chaps? I'm curious.
[/quote]
Didnt Fark do something like this back in the days of the holy war? sky rocket up due to the greenlight on Fark.com

[quote name='CBray' timestamp='1298811265' post='2646103']
People are busy with their wars?

I spoke to them all be it briefly, and they seem like a good bunch of folks.
[/quote]

That would make conditions more ripe for the hype. More people on IRC, more people communicating among other things. Now, a war might push the recruiting back a bit but, not by much.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1298821562' post='2646147']
That would make conditions more ripe for the hype. More people on IRC, more people communicating among other things. Now, a war might push the recruiting back a bit but, not by much.
[/quote]

Because at the time of Facepunch people would've crawled over their dead mother to drag them into their sphere of influence for the next big war. Now that we have our big war, people don't really care.

I guess what I'm saying is people were desperate for someone to come along and change the playing field.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1298826921' post='2646178']
Because at the time of Facepunch people would've crawled over their dead mother to drag them into their sphere of influence for the next big war. Now that we have our big war, people don't really care.

I guess what I'm saying is people were desperate for someone to come along and change the playing field.
[/quote]

Yeah fair enough.

It's a good time to start up such as alliance because so much of the world is distracted by the current global conflict. I wish them well, but would caution them to get a protectorate agreement quickly, but make sure it's with an alliance that is interested in TFE becoming a successful alliance and isn't just interested in them as a 'member farm'. That has been a problem in the past.

They're a legitimate invasion alliance from an offsite forum. We've looked into them for multis and they've checked out.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1298770160' post='2645725']
Wonder why this hasn't seemed the hype of Facepunch...
[/quote]
Facepunch kind of came in with a bang. Their specific posting style was not exactly compatible with the forum rules.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1298811876' post='2646107']
Didnt Fark do something like this back in the days of the holy war? sky rocket up due to the greenlight on Fark.com
[/quote]
Yeah, it's called the First Greenlight. FOK and NEW are two other invasions.

[quote name='Harry Dresden' timestamp='1298829539' post='2646198']
Facepunch kind of came in with a bang. Their specific posting style was not exactly compatible with the forum rules.
[/quote]
Figures, the rules there are "Use commonsense" and then all the different sub-forums have there own little set of rules. To a forum where well you can't fart without permission. (Been a Facepunch member before I even joined CN)

Wouldn't shock me when a few would create multi's to.

New members are always great.

Edited by xoindotnler

Bungie.net is where they come from....it's a halo site. They have CN forums set up.... http://thefloodempire.co.cc/forums/index.php?action=forum Paulus magintie is apparently leading them.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='reroll' timestamp='1298833486' post='2646230']
Bungie.net is where they come from....it's a halo site. They have CN forums set up.... http://thefloodempire.co.cc/forums/index.php?action=forum Paulus magintie is apparently leading them.
[/quote]
You called?