GOONation

SirWilliam

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1298425156' post='2642243']
Ah, but we didn't attack you then, now did we?
[/quote]
No but you are now, now that you finally found a CB that people will buy, despite having no real obligation to join.

It's funny though that you talk about honor and duty when in the background you were trying to invent a CB that people would accept so you could attack us based on not liking us. Which is exactly what you're accusing us of doing, only you think your way is more acceptable since "we tried to invent a CB so it looks like we had a reason to."

Edited by Beefspari

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1298384048' post='2641650']
Does flying an AA mean that I can't speak as I find, that I have to pretend that things are other than they actually are?

I'm in PM, the majority of my alliance is in PM. We're not there because the odds are overwhelmingly in our favour and we're in a position to sweep all before us. We are there though because the enemy we engaged and it's allies were to inept to prevent us from leaving war and choosing our own moment to re-enter.
[/quote]
You say this as if you have any intention of leaving peace mode for the purpose of fighting.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1298427429' post='2642301']
The difference is war was never declared.
[/quote]
So it's okay to plot to do a no CB war. And even try to cover it up by inventing a CB in shady backrooms so you can hide the no CB. And then when that leaks and your plan fails, pretend to be moral and honorable and shun others for a supposed no CB war.

Makes sense. Sorta comes off as "I'm only mad at you because I couldn't do it" though. And I kind of wonder what the point of plotting something like that is if you don't intend to do it if you can pull it off (which they couldn't, being the only reason it didn't happen -- they knew they'd lose). Let's not pretend they wouldn't've done it if they thought they could get away with it. This wasn't some innocent "let's dream" thing done for fun.

Would HoT be honorable and just and in the right if they had gone through with their shady no CB war? If not, then why forgive them for trying?

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1298425682' post='2642268']
No but you are now, now that you finally found a CB that people will buy, despite having no real obligation to join.
[/quote]Yes, I've "managed to find a CB that people will buy." Oh, Beefspari, you never cease to amuse me.

TPF holds a MADP with Pacifica. By attacking NPO, you immediately involved TPF.

And through TPF, you get us, because we never leave an ally to burn, no matter what. It is not a choice for us.

Our honor obligates us to act.

When NEW was attacked, we stood ready, unlike their direct allies in PB, to enter when the chain reached us. When VE started their war, I stood ready with TPF to enter that war (I was not privy to the events between TPF and STA). When you declared a war out of the blue against NPO, we prepared again. At first we thought we would hit FAN. But it was decided to strike Doomhouse (Perhaps because FAN has an almost legitimate claim here, far more than you can say). The fact that we wound up going in against GOONS is merely an amusing coincidence.

In all honesty, I would have rather gone in against someone else, knowing the trouble that GOONS will cause when it comes time to discuss peace, as distant such a time may be. But the thing about honor is that personal feelings are irrelevant.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1298430863' post='2642380']
So it's okay to plot to do a no CB war. And even try to cover it up by inventing a CB in shady backrooms so you can hide the no CB. And then when that leaks and your plan fails, pretend to be moral and honorable and shun others for a supposed no CB war.

Makes sense. Sorta comes off as "I'm only mad at you because I couldn't do it" though. And I kind of wonder what the point of plotting something like that is if you don't intend to do it if you can pull it off (which they couldn't, being the only reason it didn't happen -- they knew they'd lose). Let's not pretend they wouldn't've done it if they thought they could get away with it. This wasn't some innocent "let's dream" thing done for fun.

Would HoT be honorable and just and in the right if they had gone through with their shady no CB war? If not, then why forgive them for trying?
[/quote]"If you take their planned war, and subtract from it the CB, you have a no CB war! Look at how wrong they are!"

All wars are started because X alliance doesn't like Y alliance. Do you really think that we are all so thick as to believe that the CB's are the primary causes?

The thing about using a CB is that it gives order to the world. An alliance can avoid war by treading lightly. They have less freedom, but they can avoid being hit. Like NPO avoided being hit until you snapped and had to hit them in the absence of a CB. Like you yourselves avoided a war with our previous coalition because you didn't give us a CB.

That is what is wrong with this war, as much as you want to paint it as justified. You have broken the conventions, you have broken the trust that alliances have, the trust that they can avoid being attacked by behaving themselves properly. The world you seek to create will not work, because people will be quick to deny this new idea that you can attack without cause. Even groups like Duckroll, foolish as they are to stay out of the current conflict, will not stand for this new tyranny you seek to bring. You destroyed yourselves the second you declared this war, even your puppets will leave you.

That is the difference between you and me. That is why I have honor and you have none.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1298425682' post='2642268']

It's funny though that you talk about honor and duty when in the background you were trying to invent a CB that people would accept so you could attack us based on not liking us. Which is exactly what you're accusing us of doing, only you think your way is more acceptable since "we tried to invent a CB so it looks like we had a reason to."
[/quote]
Considering you guys attacked NPO because you didn't like them and MK at least told everyone to pick a side if they don't want to be hunted down later, not liking you guys seems like a perfectly reasonable CB to take out a potential threat.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1298427646' post='2642306']
Intent means nothing, got it.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I tend to disagree. I find motives to be just as important as actions, but then again, that is a philosophical difference that I doubt we can reconcile.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298423719' post='2642203']
[color="#0000FF"]Trust me, they'll be dictating the pace, direction, and peace. They'll be dictating everything. If you think this war is going to be a loss for GOONS/Doomhouse you're mistaken. Also, Legion, out of all alliances on our side, won't be dictating a thing.

Though I'm wrong. Legion's actions, or lack of, have pretty much dictated our strategy thus far concerning your unwillingness to hit any target other than GOONS, preventing any attack on either Umbrella or MK early. Unfortunately for the other alliances in the NPO defense coalition, most of our bigger nations outside of NPO lay with Legion.[/color]
[/quote]
Anyone else see the irony of NPO being $%&@ed over incredibly hard by Legion?

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1298435112' post='2642464']
Anyone else see the irony of NPO being $%&@ed over incredibly hard by Legion?
[/quote]

It'd be funny if this was Legion getting even for NPO keeping the Great War I grudge alive until they got viceroyed.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1298436910' post='2642498']
It'd be funny if this was Legion getting even for NPO keeping the Great War I grudge alive until they got viceroyed.
[/quote]Oh, the evil NPO was so evil for installing a viceroy in Legion... Except it wound up being one of the best things to happen to Legion. But don't take my word for it, talk to the members of Legion.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1298437641' post='2642506']
Oh, the evil NPO was so evil for installing a viceroy in Legion... Except it wound up being one of the best things to happen to Legion. But don't take my word for it, talk to the members of Legion.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm sure that there are Legionnaires who would beg to differ (and I mean the original members of the Legion, pre-viceroyship). Some of them are still around.[/color]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1298437641' post='2642506']
Oh, the evil NPO was so evil for installing a viceroy in Legion... Except it wound up being one of the best things to happen to Legion. But don't take my word for it, talk to the members of Legion.
[/quote]

Words cannot describe how hilarious this is.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298439364' post='2642541']
[color="#0000FF"]I'm sure that there are Legionnaires who would beg to differ (and I mean the original members of the Legion, pre-viceroyship). Some of them are still around.[/color]
[/quote]Well, of course, it's not a universal truth, but remember, it was the government of Legion that tried to disband the alliance against the wishes of the membership. The alliance certainly took on a new direction, and I'm sure that there are members from before the transition which disagreed. But in all honesty, in my experience, the complaining of that era from actual Legion members of that era is hardly even a whisper compared to how loudly Legions modern enemies complain about it.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1298431697' post='2642396']
"If you take their planned war, and subtract from it the CB, you have a no CB war! Look at how wrong they are!"[/quote]
You're terrible at math. There never was a CB. You had to try and make one up. But you failed at doing so.

Don't remember the quote about how you were going to plant a decoy alliance on red for us to raid, and then "unveil" a secret protectorate and demand unreasonable reps?

Your formula was:
W + CBi = WAR

W = want to war goons by any means necessary
CB = CB, the i stands for imaginary

You had the first and last part all planned out. Before even having a CB. The CB came last. But you failed to generate one. Yes, you had a no-CB war all ready. Any CB you may have pulled out would've only been a tarp to hide the actual plot.

Maybe that's how 64Digits and their "honor" work. You decide you want to attack someone, then find a reason to do so, so you can justify it and say it wasn't a no-CB action. Even if you have to fabricate the CB from scratch yourself.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1298442395' post='2642599']
You're terrible at math. There never was a CB. You had to try and make one up. But you failed at doing so.

Don't remember the quote about how you were going to plant a decoy alliance on red for us to raid, and then "unveil" a secret protectorate and demand unreasonable reps?

Your formula was:
W + CBi = WAR

W = want to war goons by any means necessary
CB = CB, the i stands for imaginary

You had the first and last part all planned out. Before even having a CB. The CB came last. But you failed to generate one. Yes, you had a no-CB war all ready. Any CB you may have pulled out would've only been a tarp to hide the actual plot.

Maybe that's how 64Digits and their "honor" work. You decide you want to attack someone, then find a reason to do so, so you can justify it and say it wasn't a no-CB action. Even if you have to fabricate the CB from scratch yourself.
[/quote]
You attacked NPO who is allied to TPF, he is allied to TPF so he is assisting them. So 64Digits has more of a CB to attack you guys than you had for hitting NPO, stop playing dumb and complaining about a war you got yourselves into.