GOONation

SirWilliam

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1298487698' post='2643004']
If all you were able to build up throughout your existence are small nations, I don't see how suddenly your going to end up with big nations in a short period of time after this war. Although you guys can believe what you want, doesn't matter to me how fast or slow you guys rebuild.
[/quote]

Perhaps you should actually read what's said and think it through a bit more. When stating that we'll easily rebuild, by the very definition of what it means to rebuild, we mean to pre-war strength. We weren't a top-heavy alliance at the outset (we were far from it in fact) so how rebuilding into "big nations" post-war came up in your line of thought is beyond me.

You can believe what you want, it makes sense to few and matters to even fewer.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1298490122' post='2643025']
Perhaps you should actually read what's said and think it through a bit more. When stating that we'll easily rebuild, by the very definition of what it means to rebuild, we mean to pre-war strength. We weren't a top-heavy alliance at the outset (we were far from it in fact) so how rebuilding into "big nations" post-war came up in your line of thought is beyond me.

You can believe what you want, it makes sense to few and matters to even fewer.
[/quote]

You broke Sard's rule. I'm telling.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1298490687' post='2643030']
It should be known by now that I lack self-control.
[/quote]
Even if you are a member of GOONS, you're still alright in book and a notch above the rest in being a decent poster. Keep posting how you want and don't let Sardonic overrule you, the time is almost ripe for you to seize the throne. ;)

Speaking of GOONS, mattski's propaganda was horribly uninspired and ineffective and generally disgusting, like NPO/TPF/TPR/TC/STA/<insert ally or friend etc. here> or AlmightyGrubBetrayalEtc.

Edited by heggo

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1298494116' post='2643078']
Speaking of GOONS, mattski's propaganda was horribly uninspired and ineffective and generally disgusting, like NPO/TPF/TPR/TC/STA/<insert ally or friend etc. here> or AlmightyGrubBetrayalEtc.
[/quote]

Well played you crafty devil.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1298431697' post='2642396']
"If you take their planned war, and subtract from it the CB, you have a no CB war! Look at how wrong they are!"

All wars are started because X alliance doesn't like Y alliance. Do you really think that we are all so thick as to believe that the CB's are the primary causes?

The thing about using a CB is that it gives order to the world. An alliance can avoid war by treading lightly. They have less freedom, but they can avoid being hit. Like NPO avoided being hit until you snapped and had to hit them in the absence of a CB. Like you yourselves avoided a war with our previous coalition because you didn't give us a CB.

That is what is wrong with this war, as much as you want to paint it as justified. You have broken the conventions, you have broken the trust that alliances have, the trust that they can avoid being attacked by behaving themselves properly. The world you seek to create will not work, because people will be quick to deny this new idea that you can attack without cause. [b]Even groups like Duckroll, foolish as they are to stay out of the current conflict, will not stand for this new tyranny you seek to bring.[/b] You destroyed yourselves the second you declared this war, even your puppets will leave you.

That is the difference between you and me. That is why I have honor and you have none.
[/quote]

PB has broken the treaty of peace writ on every mans heart :facepalm:

also: you sure? :smug:

Edited by mythicknight

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1298469519' post='2642818']
I don't think anyone really wants you guys to surrender, its much better for them to grind you down until you're irrelevant NS wise and need to spend a long time after the war rebuilding. Unless everyone on your side surrendered along with you guys, letting you guys rebuild while they're still fighting your other allies would work against them. Now that most of you are destroyed and around 1k infra or below, they might as well finish what they started with you guys so you have nothing left to rebuild with, outside aid can only help you guys a little bit and won't make up for the losses your taking. Your allies are going to be busy trying to rebuild themselves as well, so they won't have infinite slots and aid available to use on you guys. If you guys tried surrendering they would need to give you some type of terms, so its better you don't try to surrender until way later on. So you guys might as well enjoy it as you get destroyed.
[/quote]
With most of your upper tiers in peace mode, our upper tiers haven't taken much of a hit and we don't won't have a lot of rebuilding to do.

The thing about GOONS is that most of their guys weren't big to begin with, and can rebuild with a couple of rounds of aid. Meanwhile they are getting plenty of aid to fight, meaning that few are at risk of bill-lock and they can keep fighting pretty much indefinitely, while your people don't have that luxury. And your upper tiers will remain stagnant in peace mode with the large peace mode penalties, while our upper tiers, aside from using our aid slots to aid GOONS (much less of a burden than peace mode), are free to grow normally.

And that's not taking into account how any peace terms might factor in, it won't be GOONS who will be surrendering.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1298475974' post='2642866']
now you guys are below 6k Avg NS with your top tier completely destroyed
[/quote]
Top tier completely destroyed? That's certainly news to me. Perhaps you are exaggerating slightly Mssr. Rage?

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1298505342' post='2643217']
Top tier completely destroyed? That's certainly news to me. Perhaps you are exaggerating slightly Mssr. Rage?
[/quote]the joke here is that Umar [i]is[/i] our top tier, and he isn't destroyed at all

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1298430863' post='2642380']
So it's okay to plot to do a no CB war. And even try to cover it up by inventing a CB in shady backrooms so you can hide the no CB. And then when that leaks and your plan fails, pretend to be moral and honorable and shun others for a supposed no CB war.
[/quote]

I never said it was okay, in fact at the time I thought it was wrong. But still, it was never acted on and that makes it less abhorrent then what you have done.

Also, "supposed no CB war" are you trying to claim that this war has a CB?

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1298506659' post='2643237']
tbh, there is only 2 of you left.
[/quote]
tbh, we've never really had more than a couple of top tier nations - it's the first time I've been #2 in the alliance for the whole time I've been there. Our mid tier nations have taken a beating, sure - but it's not much more than they took during roguefest 2010. We'll bounce back, no worries ;)

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1298505342' post='2643217']
[/quote]
You're still hanging in, although you've taken a good chunk of damage yourself this war and once you get ground down then their top tier literally will be completely destroyed. This looks like its going to be a long war with neither side having any intention of surrendering any time soon, so it seems likely the top tier will be gone before this war is over if you get in a few more nuclear exchanges with other big nations. Your one of the few GOONS I've always liked from back in the Citadel days, so good luck hanging in there and I probably should of been more careful not to group you in with the rest of GOONS with such a broad comment.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1298507406' post='2643256']
tbh, we've never really had more than a couple of top tier nations - it's the first time I've been #2 in the alliance for the whole time I've been there. Our mid tier nations have taken a beating, sure - but it's not much more than they took during roguefest 2010. We'll bounce back, no worries ;)
[/quote]
You have 13 nations above 20K NS.

For comparison, CoJ has 12.

I wasn't paying close attention to your stats last summer, but it seems to me like you had a lot more mid-size nations than CoJ at the start of this war.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1298518603' post='2643456']
You have 13 nations above 20K NS.

For comparison, CoJ has 12.

I wasn't paying close attention to your stats last summer, but it seems to me like you had a lot more mid-size nations than CoJ at the start of this war.
[/quote]
Like I said, our mid-tier has taken a beating, like it did late last year (<4 months ago). It's to be expected, given the tactics you're employing.

Ref: [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Roguefest_2010"]Roguefest 2010[/url].

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1298522671' post='2643521']
Like I said, our mid-tier has taken a beating, like it did late last year (<4 months ago). It's to be expected, given the tactics you're employing.

Ref: [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Roguefest_2010"]Roguefest 2010[/url].
[/quote]

just admit it you have mid-sized nations that are just to much of a coward to fight, I use flotsam as a prime example of this. I am really saddened at how poorly his skills are at war. They are even worse at lying.

[quote name='Thom98' timestamp='1298528896' post='2643632']
just admit it you have mid-sized nations that are just to much of a coward to fight, I use flotsam as a prime example of this. I am really saddened at how poorly his skills are at war. They are even worse at lying.
[/quote]

Oooooo, someone's angwee. :3

Settle down, Tommie boy. Your vicious chest-puffing doesn't suit you.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1298529868' post='2643648']
Oooooo, someone's angwee. :3

Settle down, Tommie boy. Your vicious chest-puffing doesn't suit you.
[/quote]

Oh I'm sorry you must of mistook my choking with laughter as anger, no I've been laughing at Goons since my first battle with your little boys, if they weren't so rude and dumb at the same time I might feel a little bit guilty.

[quote name='Thom98' timestamp='1298532461' post='2643680']
Oh I'm sorry you must of mistook my choking with laughter as anger, no I've been laughing at Goons since my first battle with your little boys, if they weren't so rude and dumb at the same time I might feel a little bit guilty.
[/quote]

Don't choke too hard, it'd be a tragedy to lose such a brilliant individual.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1298506782' post='2643240']
I never said it was okay, in fact at the time I thought it was wrong. But still, it was never acted on and that makes it less abhorrent then what you have done.

Also, "supposed no CB war" are you trying to claim that this war has a CB?
[/quote]
Yes it does, read the wiki or the DoW.

[quote name='Thom98' timestamp='1298528896' post='2643632']
[/quote]
Holy wow, is the other side honestly calling out [b]GOONS[/b] for being too cowardly to fight and sitting in peace mode? We have some people rotating through peace to refill nukes, but cowards hiding in peace mode? Really? [b]GOONS[/b]?

For reference:
Sanitarnium: 8 nations / 1 peace (13%)
[b]GOONS: 309 nations / 43 peace (14%)[/b]
TLR: 37 nations / 6 peace (16%)
NAC: 48 nations / 8 peace (17%)
ASU: 64 nations / 13 peace (20%)
NSO: 92 nations / 19 peace (20%)
NPO: 547 nations / 198 peace (36%)
Olympus: 59 nations / 24 peace (41%)
64Digits: 9 nations / 4 peace (44%)
Invicta: 71 nations / 32 peace (45%)
TPF: 118 nations / 54 peace (46%)
CoJ: 29 nations / 16 peace (55%)
Legion: 306 nations / 199 peace (65%)

We literally have less people in peace than all 12 alliances we're fighting. Other than Sanitarium. Who is only 8 people anyway (3 of which joined just for the war so it's really more like 20% but whatever). Your own alliance has more people hiding than we do (percentage wise, since you have a fraction of our total nations). The entire group together has more than 1.75x as many nations in peace as we have nations period. And [b]we're[/b] the ones hiding because we're cowards? You couldn't be more wrong if you [b]tried[/b].

Usually people making "peace mode = coward" comments get booed off the stage. So next time you try, make sure your own alliance (or in fact your [b]entire coalition[/b]) doesn't have more people hiding than we do.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1298530090' post='2643652']
I hope for your sake your side doesnt lose this one GOONS. The loss of all that aid you are expecting after the war to rebuild would be a crushing blow as would becoming a tech farm for the next year.
[/quote]
Because our side is looking at all like it's going to lose?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1298535174' post='2643697']
Yes it does, read the wiki or the DoW.

Holy wow, is the other side honestly calling out [b]GOONS[/b] for being too cowardly to fight and sitting in peace mode? We have some people rotating through peace to refill nukes, but cowards hiding in peace mode? Really? [b]GOONS[/b]?

For reference:
Sanitarnium: 8 nations / 1 peace (13%)
[b]GOONS: 309 nations / 43 peace (14%)[/b]
TLR: 37 nations / 6 peace (16%)
NAC: 48 nations / 8 peace (17%)
ASU: 64 nations / 13 peace (20%)
NSO: 92 nations / 19 peace (20%)
NPO: 547 nations / 198 peace (36%)
Olympus: 59 nations / 24 peace (41%)
64Digits: 9 nations / 4 peace (44%)
Invicta: 71 nations / 32 peace (45%)
TPF: 118 nations / 54 peace (46%)
CoJ: 29 nations / 16 peace (55%)
Legion: 306 nations / 199 peace (65%)

We literally have less people in peace than all 12 alliances we're fighting. Other than Sanitarium. Who is only 8 people anyway (3 of which joined just for the war so it's really more like 20% but whatever). Your own alliance has more people hiding than we do (percentage wise, since you have a fraction of our total nations). The entire group together has more than 1.75x as many nations in peace as we have nations period. And [b]we're[/b] the ones hiding because we're cowards? You couldn't be more wrong if you [b]tried[/b].

Usually people making "peace mode = coward" comments get booed off the stage. So next time you try, make sure your own alliance (or in fact your [b]entire coalition[/b]) doesn't have more people hiding than we do.
[/quote]

More importantly: War Stats, Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism

[u]Defensive Wars[/u]

1162 total wars

169 Active
1 Peace
985 Expired
7 Expired (Peace)

[u]Aggressive Wars[/u]

[b]1038 total wars[/b]

180 Active
833 Expired
25 Expired (Peace)

GOONS has the second most offensive wars thus far out of anyone in this conflict. Calling them cowardly is simply ridiculous.

[quote name='Thom98' timestamp='1298532461' post='2643680']
[/quote]
Three whole offensive wars over the last 2.5 weeks? Don't strain yourself now! We wouldn't want you to dirty your ascot. That first one [i]did[/i] cut you down by 20K NS, so I guess I can see how that would be a bit discouraging.