GOONation

SirWilliam

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1298674473' post='2644986']
Okay? So you skew the numbers to make GOONS look bad based entirely on how many total members we have? Good job?
[/quote]

"Okay" Olympus, 64Digits, Invicta, TPF, CoJ, TLR, NAC, ASU, NSO, "look bad based entirely on how many total members they have? Good job?" (since the biggest alliance member count out of them is under a third of the total membership of GOONS)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1298681281' post='2645052']
"Okay" Olympus, 64Digits, Invicta, TPF, CoJ, TLR, NAC, ASU, NSO, "look bad based entirely on how many total members they have? Good job?" (since the biggest alliance member count out of them is under a third of the total membership of GOONS)
[/quote]
Love how you left off Legion and NPO. It's almost like if you had included them, your argument would have fallen apart. (Which it already did because you're skewing the data set.)

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I know you're thinking you've finally caught GOONS, and and I know you think you've got them nailed, but really, no. Just no.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298681940' post='2645060']
[color="#0000FF"]I know you're thinking you've finally caught GOONS, and and I know you think you've got them nailed, but really, no. Just no.[/color]
[/quote]

Not really as i couldnt careless about a bunch of cave dwellers

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1298682242' post='2645065']
[/quote]
Apparently you wub us or you wouldn't be devoting so much time to try and defuse all of our arguments with humorously wrong rebuttals.

But keep tryin', slugger!

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1298682634' post='2645070']
Apparently you wub us or you wouldn't be devoting so much time to try and defuse all of our arguments with humorously wrong rebuttals.

But keep tryin', slugger!
[/quote]

Not as much as you wub me, as why else would i be on the EoG for merely making your leader butthurt? too much love?

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1298682242' post='2645065']
[/quote]

Proportion of the past 50 statements in this GOON discussion made by:

the rebel 10/50 (20%)

Now that's a statistic I can believe in!

Edited by denkimon

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1298682926' post='2645077']
Not as much as you wub me, as why else would i be on the EoG for merely making your leader butthurt? too much love?
[/quote]
Yeah, and that secret aid had nothing to do with it.

[quote name='denkimon' timestamp='1298683978' post='2645087']
Proportion of the past 50 statements in this GOON discussion made by:

the rebel 10/50 (20%)

Now that's a statistic I can believe in!
[/quote]

lol. Yea the stats don't lie. GOONS has been fighting hard this war and major props to them. Same thing can't be said of many on the other side.

Counting statistics are flawed in comparison to percentage stats. Yes, you can construe them to look favorable in your light, but they really don't show the full story.

OOC: Think about baseball. A hitter has 100 hits. Is that good? You can't really tell. If he got those 100 hits within 300 at-bats for a .300 average, he's pretty good. If it was in 600 ABs, he's only batting .167, and he's not very good. Additionally, if you're a surveying a town and they want to know the population of a group, would you say "there's 6000 people of that group" or "10% of the population is in the group." As you add population, or outcomes, the chances of something happening will increase. I guarantee the percentages will probably stay this way across the board for the hopeless coalition.

[/quote]
Dude, I never said those alliances are bad because of how few total nations they have. I said they have a larger percentage of nations in peace than we do. CoJ isn't bad because they only have 29 total nations, they're bad because more than half of those 29 (16) are in peace mode.

The way you're comparing the charts, since GOONS has 43 nations in peace, any alliance who has less than 43 total members, [i]even if 100% of their members are in peace mode[/i], is "less cowardly" than GOONS. And that makes so little sense that your entire comparison is entirely trash as a result.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1298691907' post='2645162']
I seriously cannot believe peace mode is still being argued......
[/quote]
I don't think it's the use of peace mode in and of itself that is criticised, more to do with the apparent rationale behind its use. The appearance that the Hopeless Coalitions upper teir is hoping that if they ignore the war long enough it'll sort itself out isn't particularly flattering.

Edited by Vanilla Napalm

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1298696093' post='2645206']
I don't think it's the use of peace mode in and of itself that is criticised, more to do with the apparent rationale behind its use. The appearance that the Hopeless Coalitions upper teir is hoping that if they ignore the war long enough it'll sort itself out isn't particularly flattering.
[/quote]
Dude you totally don't get it. They're [i]totally[/i] going to come out of peace mode eventually, I mean they're just waiting for the right time. Just cause that time hasn't came in a month doesn't mean it won't. They [i]totally[/i] mean to fight. Just later. Maybe.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1298698659' post='2645248']
Dude you totally don't get it. They're [i]totally[/i] going to come out of peace mode eventually, I mean they're just waiting for the right time. Just cause that time hasn't came in a month doesn't mean it won't. They [i]totally[/i] mean to fight. Just later. Maybe.
[/quote]

And it warms our hearts to see you constantly whine about it.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1298596078' post='2644301']
You see thats the thing about statistics they can be used for and against you, so now im going to reword your statistics and use them against you.

[b]Total nations in peacemode on both sides: 617[/b]
[b]percent breakdown of those in peace by alliance:[/b]

Legion: 199 peace (32.25%)
NPO: 198 peace (32.09%)
TPF: 54 peace (8.75%)
[b]GOONS: 43 peace (6.97%)[/b]
Invicta: 32 peace (5.19%)
Olympus: 24 peace (3.89%)
NSO: 19 peace (3.08%)
CoJ: 16 peace (2.59%)
ASU: 13 peace (2.11%)
NAC: 8 peace (1.3%)
TLR: 6 peace (0.97%)
64Digits: 4 peace (0.65%)
Sanitarnium: 1 peace (0.16%)

So from being one of the least in peacemode with your statistics, by mine you make up the 4th largest majority of those in peace, its amazing what you can do with alittle addition :awesome:
[/quote]

try adding up all the peace mode nations on the other side and compare them to ours now if you're so keen on doing statistics.

[quote name='BlkAK47_002' timestamp='1298698859' post='2645252']
[/quote]
If you wanna sit in peace mode and refuse to fight go right ahead, we'll sit in war mode making more money and growing faster. I'd be surprised if peace is offered until the war has actually been faught. So go right ahead and sit in peace mode for months on end while your enemy grows more than you. It's the strategy FAN used and it took years for them to get peace. If you're content sitting for that long and losing go right ahead. Wouldn't it make more sense to fight the war, lose the war, and then try to win the next?

Whatever, if you want to commit to a losing strategy have a blast.

[quote name='Hellbilly' timestamp='1298637848' post='2644688']
Whats NOT expected is someone with whom we have NO problem with, who is in the SAME coalition as we are, in an alliance whom I personally liked and respected

I take more offense to your post than I have any post made by GOONS or any of their allies.
[/quote]

I have to say I find it very pathetic that someone would be outraged at someone being critical of their own coalition.

There's way too much of an attitude around here along the lines of, "You're on the other side, therefore nothing you say is valid. I shall continue to defend something my ally said, regardless of how stupid or thoughtless."

I'd say about 80% of the stupidity around here is a direct result of people trying to defend someone without even understanding their actions.

Ie, "How dare you criticize my alliance! I'll have you know that we never make mistakes, and here's some anecdotal evidence I just made up to prove that a policy I don't understand makes perfect sense!"

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1298710329' post='2645350']
I have to say I find it very pathetic that someone would be outraged at someone being critical of their own coalition.

There's way too much of an attitude around here along the lines of, "You're on the other side, therefore nothing you say is valid. I shall continue to defend something my ally said, regardless of how stupid or thoughtless."

I'd say about 80% of the stupidity around here is a direct result of people trying to defend someone without even understanding their actions.

Ie, "How dare you criticize my alliance! I'll have you know that we never make mistakes, and here's some anecdotal evidence I just made up to prove that a policy I don't understand makes perfect sense!"
[/quote]

Agreed. Not adhering to party talking points is how the GOONS/Europa relationship prospered. You can criticize RV all you want, but you look ridiculous getting all up in arms about a man expressing his own opinions.

Also, inb4 GOONS/NSO treaty.

[/quote]
No really, it would be really funny if over 500 nations just sat around in peace mode not importing tech, not growing, not supporting their low tier nations as they burn into small piles of ash just because you want to see GOONS "whine about it."

I hope you guys keep doing this forever.

[/quote]

Yet another genius who can't tell the difference between "whining" and "pointing and laughing."

I realize the difference between the two is rather subtle but it's important to understand that not every response to your opponent's strategy is whining.

When you're in a karate match and you say "Stop doing front kicks. You have longer legs and it's too hard for me to hit you," that's whining.

If the other guy is cowering, curled up in the corner in a ball and you say "Get up. You're embarrassing yourself," that's not whining.

I hope this helps you to understand basic human emotional states.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1298710329' post='2645350']
[/quote]

I think 80% is being a bit conservative.

[quote name='Hellbilly' timestamp='1298637848' post='2644688']
Whats NOT expected is someone with whom we have NO problem with, who is in the SAME coalition as we are, in an alliance whom I personally liked and respected, to troll us. I can understand disagreeing with someone. I can understand that you dont "like" us. But you have never talked to me or my alliance, so you dont do not even know us. Still you find it within reason to just verbally attack the NAC in a public forum. For that alone, what respect I had for you just evaporated.

I take more offense to your post than I have any post made by GOONS or any of their allies.
[/quote]

You honestly think that just because people are fighting on the same "side" that we owe any loyalty to them? Then you must be somewhere off in dreamland. My loyalty is clearly defined by my treaties, I entered this war to fight for TPF. I certainly have my dislike of some alliances so do other people. Some people will hold back but to expect someone to have some sort of "taboo" just because you are on the same "side" is ridiculous. We all ended up here through different ties, we have different histories and our dislikes. If someone makes a post that paints a "side" as endorsing that action, you can bet someone will jump on it if it is something they don't want to be seen supporting. The lolpeacemode argument is tiresome and for it to be made again, especially by someone who is on a "side" that is using it as a tactic is rather fruitless.

To backtrack, this piece of propaganda was interesting to say the least. Nice to see people having fun with war. ;)