GOONation

SirWilliam

It wouldn't have been a secret protectorate, that would have invalidated the CB. The plan relied on GOONS being stupid.

But that was at a time when you were already well along in cleaning up your act with regards to raiding errors.

And if you think that was going to be an attack just out of the blue for no reason except the given "imaginary" CB, you would be wrong. GOONS was building a rather lengthy list of grievances.

At any rate, the idea was discarded as it became apparent it wouldn't work. You are so desperate that you would argue the mere conception of an idea, no matter how poor of an idea, is enough to render me without honor.

Every war is begun with the search for a CB. Every last one. In our previous coalition, we failed to find one, and so war never came. Recently, VE found one against Polaris, and they did not even wait a single day to act on it. Do you really believe VE declared war over the trivial incident they cited as their CB, an incident that was no less a set-up then what I suggested we create for GOONS? No, of course not. The only people who say otherwise are people seeking to spread propaganda, and idiots. Our coalition was no different from any other, except on two accounts: The first, we failed to find a CB, and the second, our discussions were leaked to the public.

Every last war is begun with a search for a CB. Except this one. This once, Doomhouse decided to break the rules and attack, after years of desperately trying to create a CB against NPO, you finally gave up and attacked without one. And you will pay dearly for that decision, for the decision to break the social trust that has held this world together. You lost the second you declared war. Maybe not today, maybe not by the time this war ends, but you have set in motion an irreversible chain of events that will see your downfall. People can no longer trust that by behaving themselves well they will avoid being rolled by the ruling powers. And the people will reject this, and they will reject the people that made the world so. They will reject that they can be stomped out of existence on nothing more than the whim of mortal men.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1298444238' post='2642628']
You attacked NPO who is allied to TPF, he is allied to TPF so he is assisting them. So 64Digits has more of a CB to attack you guys than you had for hitting NPO, stop playing dumb and complaining about a war you got yourselves into.
[/quote]
Uh Methrage, I'm not talking about this war? 64Digits ~sort of~ has a CB now. Even though it was highly optional. They took what they had and ran, since all along they've been fishing for a reason to attack GOONS. HoT's shroud of "honor" is just a ruse. He's been waiting for a reason to hit us forever. Even tried inventing reasons.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1298445239' post='2642643']
Every last war is begun with a search for a CB. Except this one. This once, Doomhouse decided to break the rules and attack, after years of desperately trying to create a CB against NPO, you finally gave up and attacked without one. And you will pay dearly for that decision, for the decision to break the social trust that has held this world together. You lost the second you declared war. Maybe not today, maybe not by the time this war ends, but you have set in motion an irreversible chain of events that will see your downfall. People can no longer trust that by behaving themselves well they will avoid being rolled by the ruling powers. And the people will reject this, and they will reject the people that made the world so. They will reject that they can be stomped out of existence on nothing more than the whim of mortal men.
[/quote]

Funny how TOP pre-emptively declaring didn't stir up such a tempest in a glass. I mean, the world basically ended when they broke the rules that held the world together, right? You must be one of those humor guys I've heard of.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1298445239' post='2642643']
words
[/quote]
I'm not sure you understand the concept of a cause for war.
That whole remonstrance above altimately boils down to what? That we didn't follow your preferred pattern of 'create a coalition for war, then try a figure out a reason to justify it to people' and instead were actually honest in our justification?
Seriously man, it must be really interesting in that head of yours.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1298447996' post='2642686']
Uh Methrage, I'm not talking about this war? 64Digits ~sort of~ has a CB now. Even though it was highly optional. They took what they had and ran, since all along they've been fishing for a reason to attack GOONS. HoT's shroud of "honor" is just a ruse. He's been waiting for a reason to hit us forever. Even tried inventing reasons.
[/quote]Your previous posts at least held a loose grip on reality; Now you've gone and thrown it straight out the window, and let your imagination run wild. I was having fun debating with you, it is a damned shame to see you break down so quickly.

But alas, my nature, regrettably, prohibits me from neglecting to respond to even the most ridiculous posts. Let me break this one down so I can address the lunacy in it's entirety:

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1298447996' post='2642686']
Uh Methrage, I'm not talking about this war? [/quote] This small scrap of truth provides almost an artistic contrast to the remainder of the post. But yeah, this is true, we're talking about a different coalition, which GOONS leaked the logs under the label of "WCE." And I will admit that the coalition planning was... Extremely sloppy.

[quote]64Digits ~sort of~ has a CB now. Even though it was highly optional.[/quote]Let me paint the picture again, at the risk of repeating myself:

GOONS, along with the rest of DH + FAN, aggressively attack NPO out of the blue, and aside from maybe FAN, there was absolutely no scrap of a reason for it.

TPF holds a MADP with NPO, and they are required, and by their own honor-bound nature, required, in such an extreme sense of the word that I doubt you could begin to comprehend, to defend NPO. The second you declared on NPO, TPF was in.

Now for this next part, I will have to explain to you, because you are not a member of 64Digits. We value honor above all else. We seek to be the prime example of honor on this planet. Our relationship with TPF, a relationship that has lasted since the Unjust War, is beyond friendship, it is beyond being mere allies. We are blood brothers, and we are always there for each other. I don't have the paperwork to hand you, because the paperwork does not exist; Indeed, I question if it is possible to put on a sheet of paper, words that would do justice to our relationship. So, when you bought TPF by attacking Pacifica, you also bought us.

[quote]They took what they had and ran,[/quote]I suppose we are to believe that this [i]entire[/i] coalition went in after GOONS specifically because I personally requested that we hit GOONS? Naw, it couldn't be a strategy. Apparently, I am suddenly so vastly important that I am able to influence the target of an entire coalition just so I can get my shot at GOONS. This is the story you are trying to sell.

[quote] since all along they've been fishing for a reason to attack GOONS...He's been waiting for a reason to hit us forever. Even tried inventing reasons.[/quote]As damaging as it might be to your constructed image of self-importance, I have to tell you that after that coalition fell through, I never actually revisited the idea of attacking GOONS. I never even gave it a passing thought. Because as much as you want me to, I don't hate you. This war? This war was coincidence. We are engaged with you because of coincidence. Maybe it's too much for you to swallow, too much of an offense to the delusional image you have of yourselves. Nobody thinks you're a threat, everybody things you are a joke. You have no political skill and it is a joke to watch you lot fumble about the political ring. Nobody is afraid of you, and your follies are so amusing it would take far too much effort to build an ounce of hate for you.

[quote] HoT's shroud of "honor" is just a ruse. [/quote] You know nothing of my honor, of the honor of 64Digits, and you are in no position to question it. To question a track record of honor the length of which quadruples your entire existence on this world. But please, do not believe my word. Ask those around me. Look to the history books and see our efforts in Karma. Go back further, and ask ZoomZoomZoom about how when GGA scum threatened to destroy his alliance, I was there, ready to suspend my connections to the Continuum at the height of it's power and stand alongside him, ready to burn with my allies, in an era where I could face EZI for my actions. Ask about the hundreds of times in recent days when I have stood ready to burn for my allies. You know nothing of my honor, or of honor itself, and you are a damned fool to speak out of line on the matter.

[quote name='ty345' timestamp='1298429911' post='2642363']
I taught mattski133 everything he knows :smug:
[/quote]

ty taught me the fine art of overextending myself for a month and being ZI'd (well, not quite ZI'd, which doesn't say much about my enemies lol) and effectively knocked out of a war, you heard it here first. :smug:

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1298430011' post='2642369']
So we have you to blame? :mad:
[/quote]

:smug:

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1298465901' post='2642790']
Great, HoT, you've properly !@#$ted up this thread with your preachy, "honor"-centric drivel.

Someone shoot us all and put us out of our misery.
[/quote]

If the dude doesn't want to pay reps he can fight for honor as long as he wants, imo. It would be nice if there was a "mute" button to make it more tolerable.

I think a new publication is due soon amirite?

I don't think anyone really wants you guys to surrender, its much better for them to grind you down until you're irrelevant NS wise and need to spend a long time after the war rebuilding. Unless everyone on your side surrendered along with you guys, letting you guys rebuild while they're still fighting your other allies would work against them. Now that most of you are destroyed and around 1k infra or below, they might as well finish what they started with you guys so you have nothing left to rebuild with, outside aid can only help you guys a little bit and won't make up for the losses your taking. Your allies are going to be busy trying to rebuild themselves as well, so they won't have infinite slots and aid available to use on you guys. If you guys tried surrendering they would need to give you some type of terms, so its better you don't try to surrender until way later on. So you guys might as well enjoy it as you get destroyed.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1298469519' post='2642818']
I don't think anyone really wants you guys to surrender, its much better for them to grind you down until you're irrelevant NS wise and need to spend a long time after the war rebuilding. Unless everyone on your side surrendered along with you guys, letting you guys rebuild while they're still fighting your other allies would work against them. Now that most of you are destroyed and around 1k infra or below, they might as well finish what they started with you guys so you have nothing left to rebuild with, outside aid can only help you guys a little bit and won't make up for the losses your taking. Your allies are going to be busy trying to rebuild themselves as well, so they won't have infinite slots and aid available to use on you guys. If you guys tried surrendering they would need to give you some type of terms, so its better you don't try to surrender until way later on. So you guys might as well enjoy it as you get destroyed.
[/quote]

We were the fastest growing alliance pre-war, and we'll be the fastest growing alliance post-war. What you hope for and what is grounded in reality are two different things entirely.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1298475328' post='2642863']
We were the fastest growing alliance pre-war, and we'll be the fastest growing alliance post-war. What you hope for and what is grounded in reality are two different things entirely.
[/quote]
It took over a year for you guys to get around 10k Avg NS and that's with a constant flow of money from Umbrella for tech deals, now you guys are below 6k Avg NS with your top tier completely destroyed, so other than growing in the amount of small nations you have I don't think we'll see much growth. If Umbrella and MK are going to consider you guys worth sending huge amounts of aid to, they'll probably expect you guys to send them tech back to help them rebuild as well. You guys are probably worse off than you were a year ago in what your nations will be making after the war and it will take a long time for you guys to build up the NS that matters, which are nations that stay active and grow their nations efficiently to make the most of whatever small amount of free aid they get, but mostly it will be more tech deals you'll need to do efficiently if you want to grow to what you were again ever and most of your members don't know much about nation building efficiently. What you hope for isn't grounded in reality at all, but if false hopes are what keeps you guys going then you're probably better off getting disappointed later when you realize that with so many small nations in your alliance most of you won't get much aid at all.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1298469519' post='2642818']
[/quote]

You're hilarious. "irrelevant NS". I suppose if there's one person that would know about being irrelevant, it would be you...you bragged about how many nukes you sent our way while you kept buying up to 1000 infra. As for the rest of your statement, it's completely pointless. Our side isn't going to surrender. We're not going to stop fighting until the war is over, so 'rebuilding while they're still fighting' is a fantasy scenario. We're far from 'destroyed', and they're not able to 'finish what they started'. Outside aid is extremely helpful and quite plentiful for us...unlike when you were going rogue on us and kept having people send you secret aid that ended up in us getting a nice profit (thank you for that!). Our allies apparently don't need to worry about rebuilding, since NPO doesn't seem to ever want to come out of peace mode. If they do, however, you should probably focus your sympathy for their nations rather than MK's or Umbrella's. The last two sentences are prime examples of the type of filler you generally insert into any of your posts. We're not surrendering and we're not getting destroyed.

e:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1298475974' post='2642866']
It took over a year for you guys to get around 10k Avg NS and that's with a constant flow of money from Umbrella for tech deals, now you guys are below 6k Avg NS with your top tier completely destroyed, so other than growing in the amount of small nations you have [b]I don't think[/b] we'll see much growth. If Umbrella and MK are going to consider you guys worth sending huge amounts of aid to, they'll [b]probably[/b] expect you guys to send them tech back to help them rebuild as well. You guys are [b]probably[/b] worse off than you were a year ago in what your nations will be making after the war and it will take a long time for you guys to build up the NS that matters, which are nations that stay active and grow their nations efficiently to make the most of whatever small amount of free aid they get, but mostly it will be more tech deals you'll need to do efficiently if you want to grow to what you were again ever and most of your members don't know much about nation building efficiently. What you hope for isn't grounded in reality at all, but if false hopes are what keeps you guys going then you're [b]probably[/b] better off getting disappointed later when you realize that with so many small nations in your alliance most of you won't get much aid at all.

[/quote]

You're probably an idiot for posting your opinion at all. Probably. I guess going rogue and toting around a two member AA is an 'efficient way to build your nation'. Probably.

Edited by nippy

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1298476497' post='2642870']
You're probably an idiot for posting your opinion at all. Probably. I guess going rogue and toting around a two member AA is an 'efficient way to build your nation'. Probably.
[/quote]
We already know you're idiot, but keep posting so you can make the rest of GOONS look like idiots as well. Its rare that one person can be such a bad poster that you can make people who don't care about you guys or has a slightly positive view of GOONS dislike the whole alliance after reading your posts, but somehow you do it through a constant stream of useless and stupid posts. If Sardonic, SirWilliam and Beefspari were the only ones posting on behalf of GOONS I probably wouldn't dislike you GOONS at all, but then I see you posting everywhere with garbage and am reminded of why I started disliking GOONS in the first place.

Edited by Methrage

Flipped around it kind of makes sense. Again another poster that shouldn't really band insults about when they beat everyone else in that category by huge way.

You're so biased you must struggle to walk upright.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1298478420' post='2642886']
We already know you're idiot, but keep posting so you can make the rest of [s]GOONS[/s] Kerberos Nexus look like idiots as well. Its rare that one person can be such a bad poster that you can make people who don't care about you guys or has a slightly positive view of the Methrage fan club dislike the whole [s]alliance[/s] Methrage fan club after reading your posts, but somehow you do it through a constant stream of useless and stupid posts. If you and your 1 man band were the only ones posting on behalf of Kerberos Nexus I probably would hate you as much, but then I see you posting everywhere with garbage and am reminded of why I started disliking Methrage and his 1 man band in the first place.
[/quote]

[enter sarcasm here] TL:DR Methrage hates GOONS. I for one am shocked, I never knew he had such strong feelings for us.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

Very good post, Hiro. Now, here's an idea....let's not let Methrage take yet [i]another[/i] GOONS thread and attempt to make it about himself again, eh? He hasn't done this in a while, so I forgot about his M.O. He withers like a little flower when people don't show him attention.

AS FOR THE OP....we need to create another one of these things.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1298478960' post='2642891']
Flipped around it kind of makes sense. Again another poster that shouldn't really band insults about when they beat everyone else in that category by huge way.

You're so biased you must struggle to walk upright.

[enter sarcasm here] TL:DR Methrage hates GOONS. I for one am shocked, I never knew he had such strong feelings for us.
[/quote]
Another "NO U" from GOONS, although expecting anything more from GOONS would be unreasonable I guess. I ignored you guys for a while, but when you guys keep posting about me in threads that don't involve you, I figure I might as well point out how stupid you guys are. If all you can come up with is a "NO U" response its not even worth posting, yet you guys always do it. I guess the culture in GOONS breeds stupidity or something.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1298479319' post='2642897']
Another "NO U" from GOONS, although expecting anything more from GOONS would be unreasonable I guess. I ignored you guys for a while, but when you guys keep posting about me in threads that don't involve you, I figure I might as well point out how stupid you guys are. If all you can come up with is a "NO U" response its not even worth posting, yet you guys always do it. I guess the culture in GOONS breeds stupidity or something.
[/quote]

Hey, what did you think of the OP, Methrage? Pretty good, eh? :awesome:

You're stupid yourself, buddy! :awesome::awesome::awesome:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1298479319' post='2642897']
[/quote]

I kind of think it rubs off from you. I have yet to see a single sensible post from you relating to GOONS. You can't help but bash at your keyboard and spew rubbish. Now if me calling you on it and pointing out your total inability to be unbiased relating to GOONS and your hypocrisy of calling others stupid when you beat anyone hands down on this, then yea, it's a NO U!!!!!!

Nobody cares Methrage, go away.

I would like to request that GOONS members (and everybody else for that matter) stop responding to Methrage and that 64 digits guy in the hopes that they will go be irrelevant somewhere else.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1298482191' post='2642926']
Nobody cares Methrage, go away.

I would like to request that GOONS members (and everybody else for that matter) stop responding to Methrage and that 64 digits guy in the hopes that they will go be irrelevant somewhere else.
[/quote]

You got it, boss.

It's not just that nobody cares but also that he posts so unintelligently that to respond is rather futile (after all, you can't be overly rational with the irrational). His claims that it will take eons to (re)build small nations are as reputable as it is coming from any of Planet Bob's other walking, talking punchlines.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1298485869' post='2642975']
It's not just that nobody cares but also that he posts so unintelligently that to respond is rather futile (after all, you can't be overly rational with the irrational). His claims that it will take eons to (re)build small nations are as reputable as it is coming from any of Planet Bob's other walking, talking punchlines.
[/quote]
If all you were able to build up throughout your existence are small nations, I don't see how suddenly your going to end up with big nations in a short period of time after this war. Although you guys can believe what you want, doesn't matter to me how fast or slow you guys rebuild.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1298427646' post='2642306']
Intent means nothing, got it.
[/quote]
Intent isn't verifiable unless you have one of these.

[img]http://www.funbillion.com/online_games/images/mind-reader.png[/img]

You guys are making guesses based on IRC logs of a relatively small number of now mostly former government members as to the intent of a huge collection of alliances. This is in no way an endeavour that is doomed to fail.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1298487698' post='2643005']
You guys are making guesses based on IRC logs of a relatively small number of now mostly former government members as to the intent of a huge collection of alliances. This is in no way an endeavour that is doomed to fail.
[/quote]

...yet intent still applies to HeroofTime's involvement, regardless of who is still a government member in those logs. Imagine that.

It was a lovely attempt to draw attention away from the point made, but we're not as ADHD as you seem to think we are.

Standard formula for an Alliance Announcements thread:

1. OP
2. Friends of the OP all say "o/" and state their approval of the announcement.
3. A few opponents give mild reasoned objections to the announcement.
4. Some intelligent discussion takes place.
5. Somewhere around page 8, the discussion suddenly turns completely stupid.
6. 40 pages of people sticking a hundred fists into their mouths at once with at least two posts per page of unimaginable stupidity.