GOONation

SirWilliam

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1298541927' post='2643730']
Three whole offensive wars over the last 2.5 weeks? Don't strain yourself now! We wouldn't want you to dirty your ascot. That first one [i]did[/i] cut you down by 20K NS, so I guess I can see how that would be a bit discouraging.
[/quote]

Going by their leaders war-chest, I can imagine his is as poor. coupled with a complete lack of war experience I can see why he holds much anger.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1298530090' post='2643652']
I hope for your sake your side doesnt lose this one GOONS. The loss of all that aid you are expecting after the war to rebuild would be a crushing blow as would becoming a tech farm for the next year.
[/quote]

This was meant to be witty, wasn't it?

[quote name='Thom98' timestamp='1298532461' post='2643680']
if they weren't so rude and dumb at the same time I might feel a little bit guilty
[/quote]

You flailed about recently contending that I'm "dumb" because I was outnumbered and lost some GAs, you couldn't take a simple screenshot if your life depended on it, and you're seemingly mashing at your keyboard here calling us cowards (at which point you've been succinctly put in your place), and you're really going to state that others are dumb? Does the irony here really elude you?

edit: typo (:(( nippy :(()

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Thom98' timestamp='1298528896' post='2643632']
just admit it you have mid-sized nations that are just to much of a coward to fight, I use flotsam as a prime example of this. I am really saddened at how poorly his skills are at war. They are even worse at lying.
[/quote]

lol.

I've dealt out damages in excess of 30,000 NS to the four people attacking me, and only me (other than skippe who is attacking lex as well, so i cut his in half, assuming lex is doing the same damage i am).

In comparison these four have been able to take down 12,000 NS of mine. While you guys are capable, I find myself fighting people with a quarter of my tech, and no WRC's. I can fire a cruise missile and do as much damage as they can with everything they can throw at me.

So we're just gonna keep doing what we're doing-

[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/mattski133/HOLDTHELINE.jpg[/img]

Again, I use Floatsam as my example why if I had to guess I would say he still has about Total Money: $95,095,046 of cash reserves left (of course this is just a guess) yet he now hides in his shell scared to come out and fight a old man. As for your odds nubby, it's easy to have a high % out of PM when 1/3 of your AA is sub 1k NS. If I was mistaken Floatsam as more of a warrior than he is I do apologize.

[quote name='Thom98' timestamp='1298569232' post='2643925']
As for your odds nubby, it's easy to have a high % out of PM when 1/3 of your AA is sub 1k NS.
[/quote]
Okay sure, let's compare our PM percentages with nations above 30K NS.

NAC: 1/4 (25%)
GOONS: 3/8 (37%)
Invicta: 19/30 (63%)
NSO: 10/14 (71%)
Olympus: 15/18 (83%)
NPO: 79/93 (84%)
TPF: 30/34 (88%)
64Digits: 1/1 (100%)
TLR: 3/3 (100%)
ASU: 7/7 (100%)
CoJ: 10/10 (100%)
Legion: 88/88 (100%)

Try thinking before you speak, k?

Again, I use Floatsam as my example why if I had to guess I would say he still has about Total Money: $95,095,046 of cash reserves left (of course this is just a guess) yet he now hides in his shell scared to come out and fight a old man. As for your odds nubby, it's easy to have a high % out of PM when 1/3 of your AA is sub 1k NS. If I was mistaken Floatsam as more of a warrior than he is I do apologize.
[/quote]

Add that to my list of unintelligible Thom98 babble.

Really though, if you're this hard on a Goon that's turtling I shudder to think how you're treating those on your side tarnishing your sterling reputation by doing the same or by camping out in peace mode.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1298586763' post='2644182']
Add that to my list of unintelligible Thom98 babble.

Really though, if you're this hard on a Goon that's turtling I shudder to think how you're treating those on your side tarnishing your sterling reputation by doing the same or by camping out in peace mode.
[/quote]
CCC is the only alliance that has launched ground attacks against me. It's depressing, really.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1298535174' post='2643697']
Holy wow, is the other side honestly calling out [b]GOONS[/b] for being too cowardly to fight and sitting in peace mode? We have some people rotating through peace to refill nukes, but cowards hiding in peace mode? Really? [b]GOONS[/b]?

For reference:
Sanitarnium: 8 nations / 1 peace (13%)
[b]GOONS: 309 nations / 43 peace (14%)[/b]
TLR: 37 nations / 6 peace (16%)
NAC: 48 nations / 8 peace (17%)
ASU: 64 nations / 13 peace (20%)
NSO: 92 nations / 19 peace (20%)
NPO: 547 nations / 198 peace (36%)
Olympus: 59 nations / 24 peace (41%)
64Digits: 9 nations / 4 peace (44%)
Invicta: 71 nations / 32 peace (45%)
TPF: 118 nations / 54 peace (46%)
CoJ: 29 nations / 16 peace (55%)
Legion: 306 nations / 199 peace (65%)

We literally have less people in peace than all 12 alliances we're fighting.[/quote]

You see thats the thing about statistics they can be used for and against you, so now im going to reword your statistics and use them against you.

[b]Total nations in peacemode on both sides: 617[/b]
[b]percent breakdown of those in peace by alliance:[/b]

Legion: 199 peace (32.25%)
NPO: 198 peace (32.09%)
TPF: 54 peace (8.75%)
[b]GOONS: 43 peace (6.97%)[/b]
Invicta: 32 peace (5.19%)
Olympus: 24 peace (3.89%)
NSO: 19 peace (3.08%)
CoJ: 16 peace (2.59%)
ASU: 13 peace (2.11%)
NAC: 8 peace (1.3%)
TLR: 6 peace (0.97%)
64Digits: 4 peace (0.65%)
Sanitarnium: 1 peace (0.16%)

So from being one of the least in peacemode with your statistics, by mine you make up the 4th largest majority of those in peace, its amazing what you can do with alittle addition :awesome:

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1298596078' post='2644301']
You see thats the thing about statistics they can be used for and against you, so now im going to reword your statistics and use them against you.

So from being one of the least in peacemode with your statistics, by mine you make up the 4th largest majority of those in peace, its amazing what you can do with alittle addition :awesome:
[/quote]

I'm not sure why we're bickering about this. NPO is in peace mode because they got a tip off about the impending DOOMHOUSE attack. That's understandable. GOONS is in peacemode because we got dogpiled by 12 alliances AFTER fully committing to more wars than anyone else vs NPO; and we've been fighting for at least three cycles, some for a full month now.

The Hopeless Coalition went into the battle fully committed to peace mode; this is why you are being ridiculed and labelled cowards. NPO and GOONS are playing conventional ball. You guys, you're just hiding from a fight that you chose to enter.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1298600246' post='2644352']
I'm not sure why we're bickering about this. NPO is in peace mode because they got a tip off about the impending DOOMHOUSE attack. That's understandable. GOONS is in peacemode because we got dogpiled by 12 alliances AFTER fully committing to more wars than anyone else vs NPO; and we've been fighting for at least three cycles, some for a full month now.

The Hopeless Coalition went into the battle fully committed to peace mode; this is why you are being ridiculed and labelled cowards. NPO and GOONS are playing conventional ball. You guys, you're just hiding from a fight that you chose to enter.
[/quote]

All i was proving is that statistics are rubbish in a chunk of cases as they can be manipulated into either showing pros or cons just by changing or making additions of wording, excuse me im from NPO so i didnt chose to enter this conflict it was brought to me.

Edited by the rebel

They're not rubbish when they decisively prove a point (which was originally that a far lower percentage of GOONS and our "uppers" are in PM than the Hopeless Coalition's, which doesn't support assertions that we're cowards). They are far more likely to be rubbish, however, when they're intended solely as such (as was the case with your presentation).

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You're using the peace mode argument against GOONS? Really? Why do you feel the need to say such stupid things, Mini Invicta? Not many GOONS have used peace mode in this war. Only a handful are even cycling in when they have the chance. Really....

I hate this side.

Edit: Oh, it's not just Mini Invicta trying to use the stupid peace mode argument. I reiterate: I hate this side.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

I have to say it's a bit unnerving seeing Rebel Virginia agree with us. They say a broken clock is right twice a day, but that's not really the case with good old RV.

When you have a clock that functions perfectly but is always 6 hours off, it's never right. But it's still reliable if you just look at the opposite side of the hand. When it says 3, it really means 9.
Then one day you look at it and the clock is synced perfectly with your own. Is it fixed, or is yours suddenly broken? I don't know, man. But I'm scared.

Today's deep thought brought to you by the Goon Order of Laboured Metaphors.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1298574522' post='2643993']
Legion: 88/88 (100%)

[/quote]

That's pretty funny. Makes you wonder why legion declared war in the first place. I don't think people would have cared if you just made an announcement that you don't want to fight so you weren't gonna honor your treaties. I would have been like, 'ok.'

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298602322' post='2644380']
[color="#0000FF"]You're using the peace mode argument against GOONS? Really? Why do you feel the need to say such stupid things, Mini Invicta? Not many GOONS have used peace mode in this war. Only a handful are evening cycling in when they have the chance. Really....

I hate this side.

Edit: Oh, it's not just Mini Invicta trying to use the stupid peace mode argument. I reiterate: I hate this side.[/color]
[/quote]Stop trying to convince me we should offer NSO white peace after all this with your wonderful posting, you beautiful man.

[/quote]
I'd venture to say that most of those GOONS in peace are simply taking a breather so they can come back out and fight better later, while most on your side in peace are in peace to ride out the war completely.

new math
[/quote]

I agree! Look at this:
GPA: 12 peace (4.6%)
GOONS: 40 peace (12.9%)

GOONS are infra-hugging hippies more than the GPA!

And as one of those GOONS in hippy, I can assure you COMPLETELY that it's because I am afraid. Terrified. I tremble at the thought of losing my infra. That is completely it. I am NEVER coming out of peace mode.

/You people are so ridiculous.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1298614801' post='2644520']
NSO continues to be my favorite of all the alliances attacking us.
[/quote]

Ya, I actually kind of like their competence at war, irreverent arrogance and delight in destruction. Reminds me of this other alliance I know.

Edited by denkimon

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298602322' post='2644380']
[color="#0000FF"] Really? Why do you feel the need to say such stupid things, Mini Invicta? Not many GOONS have used peace mode in this war. Only a handful are even cycling in when they have the chance. Really....

I hate this side.

[/quote]

First and foremost, The NAC are battling GOONS and we are throwing everything we have at them. We (like GOONS) are not hiding in PM. In fact most of us have had and are still having a lot of fun battling against GOONS. The banter between our alliances has been as expected. Thoms posts were more about his opponents turtling than being in PM.

Does a few of our members and a few GOONS members say things out of passion? Yes. I have read a lot of comments on this and other threads that have made me facepalm. I am sure everyone has. But I know that the comments made are made out of passion for our respective alliances. I read what some of the GOONS have to say on here and I know it is wartime banter between two combatants. Its expected.

I can take some GOONS talking trash. I expect that. They are GOONS. We are at war with them. I would be disappointed if they didnt.

Whats NOT expected is someone with whom we have NO problem with, who is in the SAME coalition as we are, in an alliance whom I personally liked and respected, to troll us. I can understand disagreeing with someone. I can understand that you dont "like" us. But you have never talked to me or my alliance, so you dont do not even know us. Still you find it within reason to just verbally attack the NAC in a public forum. For that alone, what respect I had for you just evaporated.

I take more offense to your post than I have any post made by GOONS or any of their allies.

[quote name='Hellbilly' timestamp='1298637848' post='2644688']
First and foremost, The NAC are battling GOONS and we are throwing everything we have at them. We (like GOONS) are not hiding in PM. In fact most of us have had and are still having a lot of fun battling against GOONS. The banter between our alliances has been as expected. Thoms posts were more about his opponents turtling than being in PM.

Does a few of our members and a few GOONS members say things out of passion? Yes. I have read a lot of comments on this and other threads that have made me facepalm. I am sure everyone has. But I know that the comments made are made out of passion for our respective alliances. I read what some of the GOONS have to say on here and I know it is wartime banter between two combatants. Its expected.

I can take some GOONS talking trash. I expect that. They are GOONS. We are at war with them. I would be disappointed if they didnt.

Whats NOT expected is someone with whom we have NO problem with, who is in the SAME coalition as we are, in an alliance whom I personally liked and respected, to troll us. I can understand disagreeing with someone. I can understand that you dont "like" us. But you have never talked to me or my alliance, so you dont do not even know us. Still you find it within reason to just verbally attack the NAC in a public forum. For that alone, what respect I had for you just evaporated.

I take more offense to your post than I have any post made by GOONS or any of their allies.
[/quote]

Hey Hellbilly :P War banter is good, I think we talked trash to each other for our entire battle.

You should do Thoms posting for him, you're much better at it than him.

Edited by Hiro Nakara