GOONation

SirWilliam

[quote name='BlkAK47_002' timestamp='1298698859' post='2645252']
And it warms our hearts to see you constantly whine about it.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I hate the word "whine." I have been saying this forever, but I'll say it again for those of you who seem to have missed the point. The word "whine" means absolutely nothing around here considering that some of you will apply it to everything anyone on the other side says. If they are critical of you, accuse them of whining. If they don't like you, accuse them of whining. If they're point out something stupid that you're doing, accuse them of whining. No matter how thoughtful, coherent, and intelligibly they state their views, some people will always read it as "whining." Quite truthfully, it isn't. It is possible for someone to not see everything the way that you do, and it is possible for that person to not be a whiner. *le gasp*

Also, stop whining.[/color]

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1298719665' post='2645384']
All this posturing of peace mode being bad really means jack !@#$. The only thing it really indicates is who is being gangbanged and who isn't. Also, the notion of doomhouse fighting a coalition is absurd. This war is a curbstomp, nothing more.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Hi. I've seen a few curbstomps. I'm not sure I'd exactly call this one. Yes, Doomhouse does have an advantage in NS, and their entire side did from the start. At the peak of the war there was less than 20% more NS on the "stomping" side. As for the number of nations, our side has had a slight advantage in nations until recently. Nuke counts have generally been the opposition having much more. But that still does not change the fact that this war has been relatively even, and for awhile was not a guaranteed loss. Poor strategy (focusing on iFOK and GOONS as opposed to taking out the major targets) coupled with several alliances on our side bailing quickly is what contributed most to our defeat. Not "omg we're being curbstomped!"

Yes, the opposing side did have advantages in some key areas, but they couldn't fight this war without taking some major damage themselves. Some of them have taken moderate damage, and could have been dealt more had our side been a bit more competent in managing this war.

But I've rambled a bit. When does a war become a curbstomp? When one side has a slight advantage over the other? Was GWIII a curbstomp in that regard? I don't think it is so cut and dry. I can't deny that PB had the statistically superior coalition, but it wasn't so superior that a stalemate could not have been forced. Defeat was not inevitable from the start. That is the main reason that this war is not the "curbstomp" you believe it to be.

Even now, after weeks of fighting and losses of alliances, this war is still no walk in the park for them. If they had a hundred nations for everyone of ours, then most could continue building their nations without having to take damage. Like most of the NPO curbstomps. But they don't. So long as their war goes on, they can't grow either. It is too early though, and I have no had my coffee yet. But what I am saying is exactly what I just said.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Required reading before entering any GOONation Publication events.

[center][img]http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1170561799l/61150.jpg[/img][/center]

[i]"This is not your typical self-help book. You won’t find any of your typical efficiency platitudes or cute little moralist parables here. This is more of a "your results are your own fault, no one cares about your problems, get off your butt and go to war" approach that can help you achieve more diplomatic success, make more money, improve your nation, and have more fun."[/i] ~ Sardonic, from the ashes of total anniliation and nuclear oblivion.

[i]"Larry Winget doesn’t pull any punches here. He believes that alliances get better when the people in the alliances get better--nations improve when their rulers improve; mouthbreathing craposting improves when the people delivering it improve; and members get better when their governments get better. In other words, everything in life gets better when you get better, and nothing gets better until you get better."[/i] ~ SirWilliam, MK Viceroy of GOONS, standing testament to that fact.

Further testaments from stupid GOONS-

[i]"When it quits being fun--quit. No, Seriously."
"If you don’t have much going wrong in your nation, then you don’t have much going on in your nation."
"Egad, my mind!"
"Stop looking at me, stop looking at me, stop looking at me."[/i]

Though, for the record, we were all in disagreement with this-

[i]"You do not have glandular problems."[/i]

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1298710329' post='2645350']
I have to say I find it very pathetic that someone would be outraged at someone being critical of their own coalition.

There's way too much of an attitude around here along the lines of, "You're on the other side, therefore nothing you say is valid. I shall continue to defend something my ally said, regardless of how stupid or thoughtless."

[/quote]

Well. As I said in an earlier post, I shoulda just kept my darn mouth closed. But I didnt. here is why: Even if I dont agree with what someone on my side says (which happens a lot), I find it respectful to refrain from dumping on them. At least in public. Especially on the OWF. I understand the fact that someone doesnt agree with a coalition or doesnt like someone or their alliance. Thats fine. But to belittle an aliance you dont even know whom is on "your side" was enough to ruffle my feathers. If thats pathetic, then so be it.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1298710540' post='2645354']
Agreed. Not adhering to party talking points is how the GOONS/Europa relationship prospered. You can criticize RV all you want, but you look ridiculous getting all up in arms about a man expressing his own opinions.

Also, inb4 GOONS/NSO treaty.
[/quote]

To me it was the seeming lack of respect that got under my skin. Not the opinion. As I said, I expect it from GOONS. I didnt expect it from RV. By making the post I did, I was expressing MY opinion. see how opinions work?

And looking ridiculous is my second nature. In my ridiculous world, one members opinion doesnt warrant a comment about a whole alliance or a coalition. Just as I dont take RV's post as coming from NSO.

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1298723322' post='2645396']
You honestly think that just because people are fighting on the same "side" that we owe any loyalty to them? Then you must be somewhere off in dreamland. My loyalty is clearly defined by my treaties, I entered this war to fight for TPF. I certainly have my dislike of some alliances so do other people. Some people will hold back but to expect someone to have some sort of "taboo" just because you are on the same "side" is ridiculous. We all ended up here through different ties, we have different histories and our dislikes. If someone makes a post that paints a "side" as endorsing that action, you can bet someone will jump on it if it is something they don't want to be seen supporting. The lolpeacemode argument is tiresome and for it to be made again, especially by someone who is on a "side" that is using it as a tactic is rather fruitless.

To backtrack, this piece of propaganda was interesting to say the least. Nice to see people having fun with war. ;)
[/quote]

I guess my idea of loyalty is somewhere in dreamland. I would not take a shot at someones alliance with whom I am fighting side by side with regardless of whether I liked them or not. Especially in a very public forum such as this one. There is a difference between disagreeing (as we are doing now) as individuals nations and dumping on an alliance whom you have never met.

Yes we all came together through different treaties. But we came together. Or at least thats the way I seen it.

And again.. Thom's post was about the nation he was fighting going turtle more than it was about peacemode. But, I digress.

[quote name='Hellbilly' timestamp='1298740618' post='2645464']
Well. As I said in an earlier post, I shoulda just kept my darn mouth closed. But I didnt. here is why: Even if I dont agree with what someone on my side says (which happens a lot), I find it respectful to refrain from dumping on them. At least in public. Especially on the OWF.
[/quote]

Hellbilly, it's RV. You've gotta just take it with a grain of salt. Hell, he constantly bashed us while we were allied to NSO. His intention is to get a rise out of people.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1298742160' post='2645469']
Hellbilly, it's RV. You've gotta just take it with a grain of salt. Hell, he constantly bashed us while we were allied to NSO. His intention is to get a rise out of people.
[/quote]
Not really, he just tells it like he sees it, regardless of allied/enemy status.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1298745448' post='2645495']
Not really, he just tells it like he sees it, regardless of allied/enemy status.
[/quote]

Actually, I agree with Thrash. RV is a spectacular, one-of-a-kind individual. He has made some seriously bogus claims, a lot of which that involved actions we've taken. I love the fact that you can't trust him, and I love how he has the ability to convince people that they can. RV is the most interesting nation leader on Bob and I take back everything bad I've said about him, simply because I see the big picture.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298734294' post='2645436']
[color="#0000FF"]I hate the word "whine." I have been saying this forever, but I'll say it again for those of you who seem to have missed the point. The word "whine" means absolutely nothing around here considering that some of you will apply it to everything anyone on the other side says. If they are critical of you, accuse them of whining. If they don't like you, accuse them of whining. If they're point out something stupid that you're doing, accuse them of whining. No matter how thoughtful, coherent, and intelligibly they state their views, some people will always read it as "whining." Quite truthfully, it isn't. It is possible for someone to not see everything the way that you do, and it is possible for that person to not be a whiner. *le gasp*

Also, stop whining.[/color]
[/quote]

Pretty much everything about this statement is true. I think this applies for both sides that people see discourse against their side and just dismiss it as "bawwww bawwww stop whining."

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1298742160' post='2645469']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No, I'm not out to insult you just for the sake of insulting you. Truth is I just don't respect your alliance that much. Sure, you're a solid ally to those who'll have you, but you're also completely terrible. That awful name, Haflinger....this list goes on. So, no, I don't think highly of you. I won't pretend to think highly of you either just because we're "on the same side." Homey don't play that.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298763046' post='2645654']
[color="#0000FF"]No, I'm not out to insult you just for the sake of insulting you. Truth is I just don't respect your alliance that much. Sure, you're a solid ally to those who'll have you, but you're also completely terrible. That awful name, Haflinger....this list goes on. So, no, I don't think highly of you. I won't pretend to think highly of you either just because we're "on the same side." Homey don't play that.[/color]
[/quote]
You know, I said this in private but it's worth repeating again.

NSO is the only alliance I like on the other side. They're the only enemies of ours (IMO) that have any character or class. They're the types of enemies I'd like to share a beer with. Being our enemy is just their day job. We go to work fighting and hating, and then go to lunch together and hang out. They're the only people I've talked to during the war where we don't just insult eachother. They're the only people I've fought where after I get nuked by them, I go talk to them and ask how their day's worth of warring went. Not all the time obviously. We're still enemies. But that one fact doesn't define all of our interactions.

If only our other enemies sucked as little as NSO.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1298745828' post='2645499']
Actually, I agree with Thrash. RV is a spectacular, one-of-a-kind individual. He has made some seriously bogus claims, a lot of which that involved actions we've taken. I love the fact that you can't trust him, and I love how he has the ability to convince people that they can. RV is the most interesting nation leader on Bob and I take back everything bad I've said about him, simply because I see the big picture.
[/quote]

It's a fun world once you take off the binoculars.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1298771679' post='2645737']
You know, I said this in private but it's worth repeating again.

NSO is the only alliance I like on the other side. They're the only enemies of ours (IMO) that have any character or class. They're the types of enemies I'd like to share a beer with. Being our enemy is just their day job. We go to work fighting and hating, and then go to lunch together and hang out. They're the only people I've talked to during the war where we don't just insult eachother. They're the only people I've fought where after I get nuked by them, I go talk to them and ask how their day's worth of warring went. Not all the time obviously. We're still enemies. But that one fact doesn't define all of our interactions.

If only our other enemies sucked as little as NSO.
[/quote]
I would only say that about a few NSO members. Most of them are still pretty terrible.

[quote name='Hellbilly' timestamp='1298740618' post='2645464']
I guess my idea of loyalty is somewhere in dreamland. I would not take a shot at someones alliance with whom I am fighting side by side with regardless of whether I liked them or not. Especially in a very public forum such as this one. There is a difference between disagreeing (as we are doing now) as individuals nations and dumping on an alliance whom you have never met.

Yes we all came together through different treaties. But we came together. Or at least thats the way I seen it.

And again.. Thom's post was about the nation he was fighting going turtle more than it was about peacemode. But, I digress.
[/quote]

Except there are nations turtling on our "side" as well, still hypocritical. Just as you said you don't want one member to represent the entire alliance or a coalition, that is how it works here.

If someone says something that is not exactly.. smart but is a member of an alliance or a coalition, people will take that as the opinion of the entire alliance or coalition. So there is almost a duty to criticize lest the alliance is also painted in sharing the same viewpoint because they're fighting on the same "side".

You can't paint all of GOONS based on one nation or a side based on one nation but people try to use those arguments over and over.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298763046' post='2645654']
[color="#0000FF"]I won't pretend to think highly of you either just because we're "on the same side." Homey don't play that.[/color]
[/quote]

Nowhere did I say you had to. You're entitled to feel however you feel about us.

Also, :)

[img]http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/homey.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1298804013' post='2646082']
Except there are nations turtling on our "side" as well, still hypocritical. Just as you said you don't want one member to represent the entire alliance or a coalition, that is how it works here.

If someone says something that is not exactly.. smart but is a member of an alliance or a coalition, people will take that as the opinion of the entire alliance or coalition. So there is almost a duty to criticize lest the alliance is also painted in sharing the same viewpoint because they're fighting on the same "side".

You can't paint all of GOONS based on one nation or a side based on one nation but people try to use those arguments over and over.
[/quote]

I just have to say that you make a very good point. I still cant say that I agree with it, but, I do see what you mean.