Cybernations Academy Award Nominees Announced

Sir Paul

[b][size=5]Cybernations Academy Award Nominees Announced[/b][/size]
[IMG]http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/1825/theatreconstruction.jpg[/IMG]
[i]Will the venue be reconstructed in time?[/i]

[b]Springfield, SIRPAUL[/b]: In front of a shattered auditorium before a live global audience, the 2010 nominees for the Cybernations Academy Awards were announced. In the 16 alliance categories, the New Pacific Order picked up the most with eight nods from the panel. However, the Mushroom Kingdom and Umbrella were close behind with five each. Also garnering multiple nominations were Polaris and GOONS with three each and picking up two nominations each were Mostly Harmless, FAN, and FARK.

In the seven individual categories, the top nominee getters were on opposite sides of the spectrum in size, style and power, with Schattenmann and Roquentin each grabbing three. Almighty Grub, Archon and [color=blue]Rebel Virginia[/color] also made strong showings with two nominations each. In a surprising twist, this marks the first year a Pacifican Emperor was not nominated for an award, perhaps an acknowledgement of the shift to a more distributed public face for the alliance. There are also many first-time nominees, such as Legacy, The Imperial Order, and The Brotherhood of Steel.

The 2010 Cybernations Academy Awards are for actions taken during the 2010 calendar year. The nominees and awards are decided by a diverse and secret panel of representatives who consist of people who have time to do that sort of thing. The awards will be handed out live via IRC and the OWF on Sunday, February 27th at 8 pm, Pacific time (10 pm server time) from the Imprimatur Theatre in Springfield, SIR PAUL. Award winners are invited to make a short (30 second or less) speech at the event when their victory is announced. For alliance awards, please select one representative to accept on behalf of your alliance. The organizers would like to thank the combined forces of Umbrella, GOONS, Mushroom Kingdom and FAN for allowing the Senior Industrial Regents to slip into peace mode, which will enable the reconstruction of the Imprimatur Theatre and ensure the safety of our attendees.

The Nominees for alliance and individual awards are as follows:

New Pacific Order: 8
Mushroom Kingdom: 5
Umbrella: 5
GOONS: 3
New Polar Order: 3
FARK: 2
Federation of Armed Nations: 2
Mostly Harmless Alliance: 2
\m/: 1
Grand Revolution of Unearthly Evil: 1
The Imperial Order: 1
League of Small Superpowers: 1
Legacy: 1
New Sith Order: 1
Nordreich: 1
Orange Defense Network: 1
Random Insanity Alliance: 1
Regnum Invictorum: 1
Siberian Tiger Alliance: 1
SOS Brigade: 1
The Brotherhood of Steel: 1
The Foreign Division: 1
The Order of the Black Rose: 1
The Order of the Paradox: 1
United Purple Nations: 1
Volksreich Großgermania*: 1

Roquentin: 3
Schattenmann: 3
Almighty Grub: 2
Archon: 2
Rebel Virginia: 2
Crymson: 1
Dame Hime Themis: 1
Delta1212: 1
Jarkko: 1
Jorost: 1
Kenadian2006: 1
Mastabadey: 1
Nemhauser: 1
Ramirus: 1
Sardonic: 1
Sir Paul: 1
The MVP: 1
Tumultuous Papaya: 1
Tolwyn: 1
-----
*This nation has a [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Gro%C3%9Fgermania]wiki page[/url] so awesome, it was determined it could compete for best wiki, traditionally an alliance category.
-----
Written by Sir Paul
The Tabloid Tribune – One Step Ahead of the Truth
Magnificently a module of MMM

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1297999407' post='2637228']
Heh

Why make an announcement announcing an announcement that won't be happening for 2 weeks?
[/quote]

Several reasons:

1) This year I wanted to do it in real time, so I hope the nominees (and people who may be interested in them) may show up.

2) Ragashingo asked me to announce the nominees so he would know whether or not he had to come.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298003775' post='2637297']
Wait what was I nominated for?

You know what [i]else[/i] lacked Mogar? 2010.
[/quote]
Touche.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1298003893' post='2637298']
Greatest year?
[/quote]
Worst year evar.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1298004455' post='2637310']
I'll agree, That was a good thing.

I wonder who is in the secret panel. Thanks for the noms.
[/quote]
:( and obviously I'm not on the secret panel or I would have been nominated!

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1298003775' post='2637297']
You know what [i]else[/i] lacked Mogar? 2010.
[/quote]
[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1298003893' post='2637298']
Greatest year?
[/quote]
[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1298004455' post='2637310']
I'll agree, That was a good thing.
[/quote]
[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1298013152' post='2637434']
It certainly was.
[/quote]
I'm glad that there's at least one thing that people on all sides of this war can agree on!

Edited by Azaghul

[quote]The organizers would like to thank the combined forces of Umbrella, GOONS, Mushroom Kingdom and FAN for allowing the Senior Industrial Regents to slip into peace mode, which will enable the reconstruction of the Imprimatur Theatre and ensure the safety of our attendees.[/quote]
I thought just for a second this might actually be something fun and non-propaganda like coming out of the NPO.....something that was actually beneficial to our community. After reading this part however, I'm sure the whole thing will be another ridiculous attempt at trying to convince everyone the NPO is so amazing with a fake awards show. You'd do yourself a favor by not being so butthurt that so many alliances dislike you.

o/ The 2010 nominees of the Cybernations Academy Awards! This will be my first year seeing the awards, and I eagerly await the outcome.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1298014513' post='2637446']
I thought just for a second this might actually be something fun and non-propaganda like coming out of the NPO.....something that was actually beneficial to our community. After reading this part however, I'm sure the whole thing will be another ridiculous attempt at trying to convince everyone the NPO is so amazing with a fake awards show. You'd do yourself a favor by not being so butthurt that so many alliances dislike you.
[/quote]

If anyone is butthurt here it is the nation leaders that rage every time Pacifica is shown to be the best. I do not understand what you mean by "fake" awards show, Sir Paul stated that the awards are to take place at the Imprimatur Theatre in Springfield, SIR PAUL. Do you doubt his commitment to hosting the awards?

[quote name='Sir Paul' timestamp='1297998712' post='2637213']

*This nation has a [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Gro%C3%9Fgermania]wiki page[/url] so awesome, it was determined it could compete for best wiki, traditionally an alliance category.

[/quote]

Personally I find the ideology [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/National_Unionism]"National Unionism"[/url] far more interesting