My Apology to the Mushroom Kingdom

Remlin

[quote name='Remlin' timestamp='1297122855' post='2624688']
I know I didn't think things through. It was getting late when I signed on, after being real busy with RL for 3 days helping deal with my grandma whose mind is nearly almost gone from Alzheimers. I was tired in shock at what I saw, and just plain didn't think straight. I really do feel bad about it, and felt even worse about having to bow out.

I did try to put up some fight though, as much as I could manage to muster. I honestly don't know why I didn't think to ask for aid or help. I really don't. I guess it comes down to just being tired, shocked, and human. I made a mistake that I regret.

I don't know what else I can say except that I really am sorry and hope you can understand. :(
[/quote]

You can blame it on forgetting about the fact that you could of received help from your alliance, and then blame it on OOC and RL problems once you receive criticism for your first story, all you want, but your actions will always reflect upon your character. Even though I'm an unrelated party, I personally have no respect for you, and would recommend for your sake that you re-roll, and come back as a ruler who isn't a coward. Despite any personal opinions one may have about MK, it's an indisputable fact that MK is better off without you. My hat's off to MK, it isn't every day that trash takes out itself.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell did you manage to get yourself bill-locked when you have the entire Umb/MK top tier sending aid down? It's almost like you'd have to not even ask for ai...owait.

[quote name='Ciroton' timestamp='1297139326' post='2625179']
*Takes it with pride*

I laughed as I read it, especially when he started bending over and begged MK to take him back. Still, good luck getting into another alliance after this... and if you do, I pity said alliance.
[/quote]
you know damn well that MHA would love to have him

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1297133818' post='2625012']
You all can explain to me the difference.

A nation joins an alliance. That nation's first allies are those in the alliance.

The alliance signs a treaty with other alliances and may even fight as part of a coalition of alliances against another side.

A single nation surrendering during war and leaving its alliance is very similar to an alliance surrendering and leaving its allies or coalition.

Personally, I believe surrendering is wrong at the nation level if your alliance hasn't made peace and surrendering is wrong at the alliance level if your allies or coalition are still at war.

It is the same thing. But, I am sure some of you will have good explanations as to why it's different. I'd like to hear them please.
[/quote]

Sure, I'll give it a go.

Back in the murky mists of time, I belonged to The Legion.

Along came a marvelous event known as GWIII. Members were put in groups of twenty or so and told, "OK, go hit something." That was the extent of military coordination that I observed.

A lowly 11K nation at the time, I had the misfortune of being the second person in the war (from any alliance) to be hit by a nuclear rogue, back when such things existed.

I'd never had a warchest, because we were always told that banks would help in time of war. But requests for help went unanswered. Not just my requests, I should add. The forum was filled with unanswered pleas for help. I received more assistance from people I was fighting beside than I did from any non-existent 'bank'. Aid packages in the tens of thousands of dollars along with 2000 soldiers, from people who could barely afford to give anything away. This sustained me for a few days, but eventually my comrades, too, ran out of money.

Then a new phenomenon appeared: the 'request for more information' thread. Members began wondering aloud whether the alliance leadership could see the damage being inflicted on them, and why there appeared to be no action with respect to aid, military coordination or just what the hell was going on. The government had nothing to say, apparently. Government members were conspicuous only by their absence.

And then the exodus began. The Legion, which had once been the largest alliance in the Cyberverse, would never see that summit again.

The Legion broke faith with its members, and it paid the price.

However, none of this applies to the Mushroom Kingdom, so this Remlin fellow is quite simply S-O-L.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1297166079' post='2625577']
Sure, I'll give it a go.

Back in the murky mists of time, I belonged to The Legion.

Along came a marvelous event known as GWIII. Members were put in groups of twenty or so and told, "OK, go hit something." That was the extent of military coordination that I observed.

A lowly 11K nation at the time, I had the misfortune of being the second person in the war (from any alliance) to be hit by a nuclear rogue, back when such things existed.

I'd never had a warchest, because we were always told that banks would help in time of war. But requests for help went unanswered. Not just my requests, I should add. The forum was filled with unanswered pleas for help. I received more assistance from people I was fighting beside than I did from any non-existent 'bank'. Aid packages in the tens of thousands of dollars along with 2000 soldiers, from people who could barely afford to give anything away. This sustained me for a few days, but eventually my comrades, too, ran out of money.

Then a new phenomenon appeared: the 'request for more information' thread. Members began wondering aloud whether the alliance leadership could see the damage being inflicted on them, and why there appeared to be no action with respect to aid, military coordination or just what the hell was going on. The government had nothing to say, apparently. Government members were conspicuous only by their absence.

And then the exodus began. The Legion, which had once been the largest alliance in the Cyberverse, would never see that summit again.

The Legion broke faith with its members, and it paid the price.

However, none of this applies to the Mushroom Kingdom, so this Remlin fellow is quite simply S-O-L.
[/quote]
Thank you for replying :)

I do sympathize with Remlin (his ooc situation) and wish him well, but he should have known better and been more prepared. Not sure how well organized other alliances are, but since being here and being able to join Pacifica any question I have can be answered quickly on IRC or in the guides in the forum. Being in a bad situation and not getting an answer would quite honestly be my fault.

For the record, as I am certain the majority of you have already figured out, I only dislike the NPO In Character.

As far as I'm concerned OOC, I'm sure the members of NPO are good people, and I have no qualms or ill-will towards anyone in the NPO personally.

I've no intention of applying for membership in the NPO, but I thought I'd clarify.

Also, this will be my last post in this thread, so people who like to troll can go right on ahead, I won't be paying it any mind at all. You'll pretty much be talking just to hear yourself talk. :P

A great day to you all. :)

Edited by Remlin

Thank you Cat.

Yes, I know I messed up badly, I know I can make blockheaded decisions sometimes, and I have been kicking myself ever since I made that mistake.

I'm human, just like everyone else here. I make mistakes. I know I made one. I know I should have waited and thought things through better.

I sincerely apologize not only to Mushroom Kingdom, but to everyone in Mushroom Kingdom personally, and want them to know how bad I feel about it.

I made an error, I admit it, I apologize for it, and I've learned a lesson from it. I know I made some people mad, and that they have every right to be mad about it, and all I can really do know is give them my apology.

But to judge my character and say I'm a bad person, over ONE mistake I make, in a game no less. I don't know what to say to that.

I've said and done all I really can, what else can I do?

If any of you have any more to say about it, go ahead. I know some people like to blow off steam, and some like to troll. But I'm not going to subject myself to it anymore. I just wanted to acklowledge Cat and thank him for his understanding.

Peace.

Edited by Remlin

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1297166725' post='2625586']
I'm sure you will make an NPO ally very happy to have you.
[/quote]

I had completely forgotten that its the trash who leave NPO that populate the leadership of other alliances. How does the saying go again?, our worst is everybody else's best? Maybe SirWilliam can remind me.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Remlin' timestamp='1297178451' post='2625698']
But to judge my character and say I'm a bad person, over ONE mistake I make, in a game no less. I don't know what to say to that.
[/quote]
I'm also judging your character based on your subsequent reaction after your "mistake".

Btw, whatever happened with your previous post being your last in this thread?

[quote name='Remlin' timestamp='1297174791' post='2625661']
Also, this will be my last post in this thread, so people who like to troll can go right on ahead, I won't be paying it any mind at all. You'll pretty much be talking just to hear yourself talk. :P
[/quote]

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1297138287' post='2625137']
Today is your lucky day. I'm giving away free medals to anyone who reads the OP.

[img]http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5118/medaljq.png[/img]

Don't be shy, there's plenty to go around.
[/quote]

For a second, I thought it was urine in a bag. :facepalm:

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1297134754' post='2625035']
Hai Spider, having fun?
[/quote]

Hello old friend.

Always having fun, especially when fighting 5 wars :D They finally managed to anarchy me though... [OOC]No internet access for three days tend to do that[/OOC] :eng99:

[quote name='Spaniard United' timestamp='1297145117' post='2625370']
Dude, dial down the bitter. I mean really, we apologized for giving you crabs. Let it go.

Also .. what?! We really are in some new world where all the things NPO has gotten trashed for are now completely acceptable for other alliances to do. But it's ok for them, cause they're not us. They hated the player but now they're posing the game. Weaksauce

Also, I still think this is best facepalm of the war.
[/quote]

I love when the NPO comes out and tries to play the "You're a former member let it go card". You should try being on the outside looking in sometime guys

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1297178940' post='2625705']
I had completely forgotten that its the trash who leave NPO that populate the leadership of other alliances. How does the saying go again?, our worst is everybody else's best? Maybe SirWilliam can remind me.
[/quote]

Well I hate to break up the attempt at hilariously referencing SirWilliam leaving, but I was under the impression that Milcom was staffed and has been staffed with the best Pacifica has to offer to coordinate their feared war machine, since you have to be invited by the Emperor to join(unless that's changed). SirWilliam was for a time in charge of the Pacifican Military making him "one of the best". He left on his own accord but his reputation as "one of the best" Pacifica had still stands. Unless you are trying to imply Milcom has lost it's touch. That's something I wouldn't doubt.

Edited by Cager

The OP could have been shorter, a bit like:
[i]
"If I should stay, I would only be in your way.
So I'll go, but I know I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way.

AAAAAAAAAAAND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WIIIIIIIIIIIILL AAAAAAAAAAAALWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!
IIIIIIIIII-IIIIIIIIII WIIILL AAAAAAAAALWAAAAAAAAAAAAYS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!
You, my darling MK, you"[/i]

There's a line that divides the reasonable posts from the pathetic ones... The OP crossed the next one, that dvided pathetic from ROFL.

[quote name='Remlin' timestamp='1297117842' post='2624550']
Though it is, very regrettably, too late to go back on my promise not to re-enter the war, since I am a man of my word[/quote]

[quote name='Remlin' timestamp='1297122855' post='2624688']
I know I didn't think things through. It was getting late when I signed on, after being real busy with RL for 3 days helping deal with my grandma whose mind is nearly almost gone from Alzheimers. I was tired in shock at what I saw, and just plain didn't think straight. I really do feel bad about it, and felt even worse about having to bow out.

I did try to put up some fight though, as much as I could manage to muster. I honestly don't know why I didn't think to ask for aid or help. I really don't. I guess it comes down to just being tired, shocked, and human. I made a mistake that I regret.

I don't know what else I can say except that I really am sorry and hope you can understand. :(
[/quote]

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1297145196' post='2625373']
lol

You literally have not posted on our boards since your application. In November.

You consistently showed up on our inactive list for roll calls, responding only on the rare threat of getting the boot.

Enjoy the Goomba List.
[/quote]

Based on these 3 posts, if the MK and NPO can't put aside their differences to come together and nuke Remlin, then there really is no chance for peace.

[quote name='zoskia' timestamp='1297185043' post='2625802']
The OP could have been shorter, a bit like:
[i]
"If I should stay, I would only be in your way.
So I'll go, but I know I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way.

AAAAAAAAAAAND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WIIIIIIIIIIIILL AAAAAAAAAAAALWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!
IIIIIIIIII-IIIIIIIIII WIIILL AAAAAAAAALWAAAAAAAAAAAAYS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!
You, my darling MK, you"[/i]

There's a line that divides the reasonable posts from the pathetic ones... The OP crossed the next one, that dvided pathetic from ROFL.
[/quote]
:awesome: And there goes the thread.

Am I the only one that checked the OP for one of those famous LUE hidden messages?

Also, on the actual topic: You surrendered, you can't take back a surrender, so just chill in the PoW camp until the war is over and then find an alliance to join.