We Have a Grievance...

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1296970064' post='2621419']
I greatly disapprove of this announcement with this sad face :(
[/quote]
Going to have to support this statement right here.

Sad.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Golan 1st' timestamp='1297065500' post='2623802']
The reason you stated for the attack on the Legion was a chain of treaties. Now, assuming that this is the reason, let's look what happened here:
GOONS attacked the NPO. As a result GOONS were attacked by (among others) the Legion. LOST were bound by a treaty (which they at least chose to sign) to come to GOONS help. Other CnG signatories were bound to help LOST. None of these treaties was a secret to anyone. GOONS decided for you whether you would enter this war and you (bound to honour all treaties without question) had no choice.
If you see no problem with this, then we have a very different understanding of the terms sovereignty, independence and freedom.
[/quote]
For most of us, the CnG treaty is a mere formality. That's what makes the bloc different; that's what makes us the most unified bloc on Bob. We roll to war together, not because the treaty says we must. We roll to war together because [i]that is what friends do[/i].

So, forgive me for finding your chain of causality amusing. You act as if you were a fly on the wall in our private channels, as this war was being discussed. Unfortunately, you have everything backwards. Here's how it really happened.

First, we have the alliances of CnG. All have their own sovereignty, independence, and freedom. At the formation of our bloc, we came together under the mantra of "Friends Greater Than Infrastructure." Knowing that this is a peculiar notion to most of the cowards on Bob, we had to codify our friendship in the announcement of our Complaints and Grievances; otherwise, no one would accept our actions. Just like you, now.

We freely chose to become bound together, in the faith that unified we are a stronger force in the world than we are apart. This is why we fight.

For this particular conflict, =LOST= heard the call to arms. What you fail to understand: it does not matter [i]why[/i] =LOST= goes to war. It is simply understood among us that we always roll together. For Athens, for The International, for the Network (it hungers), for the Greenland Republic, it [i]does not matter[/i] that =LOST= enters the fight on a treaty with GOONS. It does not matter that GOONS was attacked for itself launching an attack on Pacifica. It's all irrelevant. We see our friends in a fight. We help in that fight. Freely chosen, each deciding independently, with our own sovereignty, that it is better to fight for our friends than to cower alone, to eventually burn.

I do not expect you to understand. It is clear that you have never known friendship such as this.

For that, I pity you.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1297102517' post='2624230']
For most of us, the CnG treaty is a mere formality. That's what makes the bloc different; that's what makes us the most unified bloc on Bob. We roll to war together, not because the treaty says we must. We roll to war together because [i]that is what friends do[/i].

So, forgive me for finding your chain of causality amusing. You act as if you were a fly on the wall in our private channels, as this war was being discussed. Unfortunately, you have everything backwards. Here's how it really happened.

First, we have the alliances of CnG. All have their own sovereignty, independence, and freedom. At the formation of our bloc, we came together under the mantra of "Friends Greater Than Infrastructure." Knowing that this is a peculiar notion to most of the cowards on Bob, we had to codify our friendship in the announcement of our Complaints and Grievances; otherwise, no one would accept our actions. Just like you, now.

We freely chose to become bound together, in the faith that unified we are a stronger force in the world than we are apart. This is why we fight.

For this particular conflict, =LOST= heard the call to arms. What you fail to understand: it does not matter [i]why[/i] =LOST= goes to war. It is simply understood among us that we always roll together. For Athens, for The International, for the Network (it hungers), for the Greenland Republic, it [i]does not matter[/i] that =LOST= enters the fight on a treaty with GOONS. It does not matter that GOONS was attacked for itself launching an attack on Pacifica. It's all irrelevant. We see our friends in a fight. We help in that fight. Freely chosen, each deciding independently, with our own sovereignty, that it is better to fight for our friends than to cower alone, to eventually burn.

I do not expect you to understand. It is clear that you have never known friendship such as this.

For that, I pity you.
[/quote]

I MUST o/ THIS

o/ =LOST=
o/ CnG

For that, I pity you.
[/quote]

[font="Impact"][b][color="#FF0000"][size="5"]FATALITY[/size][/color][/b][/font]

Rarely will you ever see 15 pages of pathetic debating skills from ~the other side~ destroyed in a single post with such finality.

For that, I pity you.
[/quote]

I do not doubt that others have read these last 20 pages and have posted better responses than I can. The above is one of them. All I can do is say why =LOST= went to war with the Legion. As =LOST='s Minister of War, I am not only in a position to answer this question: I am in THE position to answer this question. And the answer is this: GOONS was being beat down by a dozen different alliances and I offered to help them out. I couldn't stand by while our friends at GOONS were getting slaughtered. And so, =LOST= chose at that moment to enter the war. The rest was just a matter of time.

[quote name='dev0win' timestamp='1297056566' post='2623430']
No, because GOONS actually deserve it. Your ridiculous past policies and coalitions repeated gang-bangs have lead to marked degradation of game-play. I rather enjoy the idea of you tasting your own medicine for once.
[/quote]
Oh look, another person who can't distinguish the old GOONS from us.

[quote name='iamwalrus' timestamp='1297093437' post='2624034']
I can not support this war. GOONS are guilty of many crimes against humanity,
[/quote]
Such as? If your only charge against us is tech raiding, I will laugh in your face.

For that, I pity you.
[/quote]
Absolutely marvelous o/

For that, I pity you.
[/quote]

ODN and Legion had a friendship like that, now look.

[quote name='Snakes And Foxes' timestamp='1297111415' post='2624442']
ODN and Legion had a friendship like that, now look.
[/quote]
We'll be sure to watch out for LOST, Athens, INT, or GR and make sure they don't try to disband, fail, have all their competent gov leave, and become a drone of an alliance who we've had notoriously bad blood with. :)

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1297111917' post='2624448']
We'll be sure to watch out for LOST, Athens, INT, or GR and make sure they don't try to disband, fail, have all their competent gov leave, and become a drone of an alliance who we've had notoriously bad blood with. :)
[/quote]

I'd keep a close eye on =LOST= particularly. They seem like a shady bunch like that.

For that, I pity you.
[/quote]
This is fantastic.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1297107419' post='2624361']
Such as? If your only charge against us is tech raiding, I will laugh in your face.
[/quote]

You can laugh at me all you want, and that further proves your blatant disregard for national dignity and respect. Through your oppression of the unaligned by violence for tech, land and lust of blood your alliance is no better than the forces of control who used to rule this world. These acts are seemingly small, and for the most part condoned by the rest of Digiterra, but the mindset behind these attacks particularly shines through with you unprovoked attack on NPO.

Of course, you and the majority of Digiterra will scoff at these claims but it makes them no less true. It is just a matter of differing morality.

For that, I pity you.
[/quote]

This is absolutely fantastic and nothing but the truth.

[quote name='iamwalrus' timestamp='1297114733' post='2624496']
You can laugh at me all you want, and that further proves your blatant disregard for national dignity and respect. Through your oppression of the unaligned by violence for tech, land and lust of blood your alliance is no better than the forces of control who used to rule this world. These acts are seemingly small, and for the most part condoned by the rest of Digiterra, but the mindset behind these attacks particularly shines through with you unprovoked attack on NPO.

Of course, you and the majority of Digiterra will scoff at these claims but it makes them no less true. It is just a matter of differing morality.
[/quote]
So you say GOONS are bad.
They laugh and wonder aloud if it's based on anything more than tech raiding.
You say this proves they're bad.

You should avoid these forums at all cost.

[quote name='iamwalrus' timestamp='1297114733' post='2624496']

[/quote]
Please keep going, we're almost to this month's quota already.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1297121721' post='2624658']
So you say GOONS are bad.
They laugh and wonder aloud if it's based on anything more than tech raiding.
You say this proves they're bad.

You should avoid these forums at all cost.
[/quote]
This, entirely.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1297121785' post='2624659']
And to think I had expected CnG to be more than a vassal state.

Oh wait, with ODN in it, no I didn't!
[/quote]

=LOST= prides it's self in the loyalty and compassion they have for their allies. When one asks for assistance they freely give it, regardless of the consequences. =LOST= is also a member of C&G which is a MDAP bloc. There is no non-chaining clause in this bloc. Once a member of this bloc goes to war, the rest follow. It's a pretty simple concept. We have no masters.

[/quote]

Excuse me i just spat my tea over the newspaper reading that because if you roll together in war then where was the whole of CnG during these conflicts; UINE/TCU/tLW/FAR/MCXA. Thats 5 fronts CnG didnt roll together in. Now you could try counter arguing with the fact that it didnt need the rest of CnG in those wars, but saying that would contridict your previous statement.