We Have a Grievance...

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' timestamp='1297472008' post='2629813']
Welp, it looks like Legion wins this one. Nicely played, Halflingers. You just toppled Complaints and Grievances.
[/quote]
He already exposed my devilishly clever plot to have ODN attack Legion.

He can be tricksy like that. Beware. :(

Edited by Style #386

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297431594' post='2629311']
WotC has already been covered in my previous post. That C&G is not this C&G.

In both Karma and Bipolar, C&G bandwagoned in. We all know by now that TORN peacing out was because of the lie that Archon told bigwoody, which was designed to split Hegemony and make what could have been a somewhat-even war with Hegemony facing superior odds into a curbstomp where all of TORN's direct allies stayed out of the war.

When NPO approached the leader of C&G about ending the war launched by mistake, Moo got told that unconditional surrender was the only way out.

While their agent bigwoody spread dissension among the ranks, thus assuring victory, C&G declared war.

In Bipolar, they did pretty much the exact same thing. When TOP took their bait and attacked them, TOP stood a chance of actually winning the war - or so they thought. Of course Polar pulled the rug out, peacing out behind them, and C&G knew it had a completely winnable war. So they spread the lie that they had not been planning on declaring war at all, activated all of their non-chaining MDPs, and refused to peace TOP immediately, claiming that they would always be looking over their shoulder for TOP gunning for them if they did.

If C&G had peaced TOP right then and there, they could have watched while TOP burnt Polar to the ground for them. Of course that would have meant they were on the sidelines, and C&G can't have that. They always have to be in the war on the winning side.

They've been a bit more sophisticated in hiding their bandwagoning until now. That's probably because they lost Archon, and now have to replace him with people from ODN and International, two alliances who've never been good at hiding their bandwagoning.
[/quote]

Oh wow. Tin-foil hats up in the house!

Edited by Louis Balfour

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1297457266' post='2629588']
He must be going for misinterpretation bingo. There's no other explanation for a post so full of them.
[/quote]
I wonder what the top prize is?

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1297360244' post='2628086']
blah blah blah
[/quote]
And you have the temerity to disregard my post as drivel :rolleyes:

Oh god, you guys are funny. I just can't hold a straight face anymore. lol.

[img]http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu164/marysurratt/Decorated images/CatLaughingTongue.gif[/img]

Most of the posters on the last page should win an award for straight man of the year or something.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297841865' post='2635449']
Oh god, you guys are funny. I just can't hold a straight face anymore. lol.

[img]http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu164/marysurratt/Decorated%20images/CatLaughingTongue.gif[/img]

Most of the posters on the last page should win an award for straight man of the year or something.
[/quote]

I want to be you when I grow up.

Well, it wasn't entirely on purpose. I figured that at some point SOMEONE would figure out I was joking.

Frankly I expected it when I said "C&G has always bandwagoned into wars!!!!one" but when people appeared to take that seriously I decided to ramp it up a notch.

But no. You guys are special.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297881136' post='2635775']
Well, it wasn't entirely on purpose. I figured that at some point SOMEONE would figure out I was joking.

Frankly I expected it when I said "C&G has always bandwagoned into wars!!!!one" but when people appeared to take that seriously I decided to ramp it up a notch.

But no. You guys are special.
[/quote]

Haf, we don't mind that you think that, but don't lie to yourself. You weren't joking, otherwise you would have made it very clear you were in the initial post. You "ramping it up a notch" was you defending your statement, not defending a statement made in a jokingly manner.