Peace in Spite of Time

Xiphosis

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296666074' post='2616280']
It's a shame you guys won't put up a "good fight" and leave the war early.
[/quote]
Even if victory was not a sure thing we still wouldn't attempt to leave the war for quite a long time, sorry to disappoint.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1296666582' post='2616284']
No you are SOS Brigade who can't declare on SLCB with a nice in-game spying :)

On topic: it's not surprising that GATO leaves allies behind, they are weak and cowards, but it's not a big news. That "we rebuild you after the war" is complete !@#$%^&*. At least you should say "we are bad at war, we can't fight longer, sorry mates".
[/quote]

give me your nation link

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1296666582' post='2616284']
No you are SOS Brigade who can't declare on SLCB with a nice in-game spying :)
[/quote]
Talk to Roq if you want to know why we didn't; I prefer not to spill others' secrets for them.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296663103' post='2616234']
Oh my, this "argument" again? Heh heh, at least it's one easily debunked.
[spoiler]Feb 01 19:14:19 * Hurricane|Class slaps Locke[SOS] around a bit with a large trout
Feb 01 19:14:26 <Hurricane|Class> You $%&@s never got into the war
Feb 01 19:20:14 <Locke[SOS]> Not my fault, Hurricane|Class.
Feb 01 19:20:25 <Locke[SOS]> I tried to get us in on three different alliances.
Feb 01 19:20:41 <Locke[SOS]> No wait, 4.
Feb 01 19:24:05 <tiznoast> i dont get it locke
Feb 01 19:24:10 <tiznoast> everytime you talk about war
Feb 01 19:24:26 <tiznoast> it's always like "we tried and if i had my way or if they had their way or blahblahblah"
Feb 01 19:24:37 <tiznoast> you guys have like 8 people in your alliance
Feb 01 19:24:43 <tiznoast> who is this great peacemaker of which we have never heard
Feb 01 19:24:48 <Locke[SOS]> It's not our alliance that's the problem.
Feb 01 19:24:52 <tiznoast> lol
Feb 01 19:24:53 <tiznoast> i see
Feb 01 19:24:54 <Locke[SOS]> It's our allies not wanting us in.
Feb 01 19:24:58 <Locke[SOS]> Like, take Exodus.
Feb 01 19:25:09 <Locke[SOS]> I wanted us to hit them for RIA, but apparently Sparta picked them up.
Feb 01 19:25:17 <tiznoast> and here i thought you guys had sovereignty
Feb 01 19:25:18 <tiznoast> heh
Feb 01 19:25:19 <Locke[SOS]> And they were already set.
Feb 01 19:25:22 <tiznoast> ;)
Feb 01 19:25:31 <Locke[SOS]> So nothing I could do much about it.
Feb 01 19:25:35 <tiznoast> yeah
Feb 01 19:25:42 <Locke[SOS]> Then there was THL, who surrendered too fast for us to get in.[/spoiler]
And of course, you ignore little things like [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/SOS_Brigade_(Standard_Edition)#History"]the Bipolar War[/url], but hey, if you hate us enough facts don't matter, right?

Just do us all a favor and shut your trap before you go mouthing off about things you could never know or understand because taking unrelated matters out here won't benefit anyone other than me for the laughs I'll get; it just bores everyone else.
[/quote]

Sparta looks as though it could use the help to me ^_^

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1296667028' post='2616295']
Sparta looks as though it could use the help to me ^_^
[/quote]
Well, I suppose you have a point, but my concern is RIA, not Sparta. If they do I'd be glad to bring us in. :P

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296666829' post='2616292']
Talk to Roq if you want to know why we didn't; I prefer not to spill others' secrets for them.
[/quote]
It's spartas fault you couldn't enter this war and it's umbs fault you couldn't stand up for yourselves?

Do your 'alliance' make any decisions themselves or have you just outsourced that whole thing to others?

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1296667274' post='2616299']
It's spartas fault you couldn't enter this war and it's umbs fault you couldn't stand up for yourselves?

Do your 'alliance' make any decisions themselves or have you just outsourced that whole thing to others?
[/quote]
It's common decency's fault we didn't enter on Exodus, and it's a lot more than Umbrella's fault that we didn't hit SLCB (sorry you're so clueless, but it's none of your business anyways unless MK wants to join SF or PB). But seriously, you can stop !@#$ting this thread up with off-topic ranting, thank you, you're welcome, and good day.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296666702' post='2616288']
Even if victory was not a sure thing we still wouldn't attempt to leave the war for quite a long time, sorry to disappoint.
[/quote]

That's not disappointing at all, actually. I can respect someone willing to see things through to the end. It'd be less hypocritical though if you'd stop praising others for doing things y'all wouldn't.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296664854' post='2616259']
Yes, you're exactly right Penkala, GATO is going to declare war on GOONS immediately as soon as their nations are combat ready again, thank you for alerting me to this absolutely certain event destined to happen in the near future.
[/quote]

You're welcome. :smug:

Edit: Locke, talk less, please. You're getting annoying.

Edited by Penkala

This war ended to shortly. I was only just starting to get into my lolcats war propaganda mode. It would of been a glorious rain of catty propaganda. And now I have no use for it all.

/me sighs

GATO, can I come and be your propaganda minister for the next war?

The GATO guys I fought, fought well, it was nice fighting two versus one, been a while since I've done that. Lets do this again sometime, soon?

/o RIA
/o CRAP
/o Maroon

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1296629011' post='2615844']
No that is what it would have been. When our allies decided to tie their fate to Polar we would have had to do the same thing by staying in. Our fate would have been tied to Polar. We didn't agree with what Polar (or VE for that matter) did in the first place. [b]At least now we have secured that they will receive white peace when they are done and will be in a position to help them rebuild.[/b]
[/quote]

If this bold line is true, than I am happy to see your allies who are still on the battlefield will have a future with white peace in it. However, I have a feeling that maneuvers will take place that will dangle that carrot in front of them in return for their exit from the theater of war. If anything, you gave the enemy more leverage as this catastrophe goes forward.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296667513' post='2616304']
That's not disappointing at all, actually. I can respect someone willing to see things through to the end. It'd be less hypocritical though if you'd stop praising others for doing things y'all wouldn't.
[/quote]
Just because it's not the path we walk does not mean it's an invalid path for anyone else to walk. You'd rather we insult them and add insult to injury?

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296666829' post='2616292']
[/quote]

I would take lessons from FAN about handling in-game spying if i were you :) Also now your allies fight but you don't. That's all.

[quote name='Greywall' timestamp='1296666749' post='2616290']
give me your nation link
[/quote]

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=185224

I think i have fought a little bit more wars then you :)

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296667455' post='2616301']
it's a lot more than Umbrella's fault that we didn't hit SLCB
[/quote]
Is it in any way related to your spine being surgically removed? I bet whoever did that is to blame!

To tie back to my original point, if you don't honor your own treaties you haven't really earned the right to mock anyone for peacing out too early. You can try to rationalize or blame others all you want but it just makes you look that much more pathetic.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296667889' post='2616314']
Just because it's not the path we walk does not mean it's an invalid path for anyone else to walk. You'd rather we insult them and add insult to injury?
[/quote]

I'd rather a consistency of position. If that means critizing people, even friends, when they do something stupid then so be it. Insults are not required however.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296669221' post='2616334']
I'd rather a consistency of position. If that means critizing people, even friends, when they do something stupid then so be it. Insults are not required however.
[/quote]
See the thing is though, that they didn't do something stupid. They fought for an adequate amount of time, then got white peace, what's the shame in that? They honored their treaty obligations to the best of their abilities. It's not like their allies were counting on them to help deliver a victory, because NpO's victory is practically mathematically impossible. If the front had been riding on them you might have had a point, but I see no real reason to criticize them.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296669705' post='2616341']
See the thing is though, that they didn't do something stupid. They fought for an adequate amount of time, then got white peace, what's the shame in that? They honored their treaty obligations to the best of their abilities. It's not like their allies were counting on them to help deliver a victory, because NpO's victory is practically mathematically impossible. If the front had been riding on them you might have had a point, but I see no real reason to criticize them.
[/quote]

I was under the impression that they'd at least one ally hanging. Is that wrong?

Beyond that I simply think fighting less than a month is pretty sad. Sure you can take a ton of damage in a week but thing like loyalty, courage, and dedication don't become apparent until after then. All the alliances I have respect for have survived three plus months under losing conditions. I think all of them thrived and were at or near sancation status before this war.

And finally, I'm looking selfishly at the big picture. Every alliance that accepts an early peace gives legitimacy to VE's blatant misinterpretation of logs and Doomhouse's unprovoked attack. I don't like those actions one bit and I'd rather see people stand firm against them than quit early to save their own skins at the expense of the our world's culture, stability, and freedom.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296671248' post='2616362']
I don't like those actions one bit and I'd rather see people stand firm against them than quit early to save their own skins at the expense of the our world's culture, stability, and freedom.
[/quote]
So what you're saying is GATO hates freedom?

I knew it.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296671391' post='2616364']
So what you're saying is GATO hates freedom?

I knew it.
[/quote]

Well darn, we seemed to be having some good conversation going there. :(

Also, yes, if you boil it down and throw out everything else I said, then sure. GATO hates freedom.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1296668639' post='2616324']
Is it in any way related to your spine being surgically removed? I bet whoever did that is to blame!

To tie back to my original point, if you don't honor your own treaties you haven't really earned the right to mock anyone for peacing out too early. You can try to rationalize or blame others all you want but it just makes you look that much more pathetic.
[/quote]

Listen to this guy Locke, he is correct. How much you try to spin or find arguments that would exonerate your inaction, it doesn't relieve you from looking pathetic when you call others who did fight and surrendered weak or cowards. The facts speak for themselves, and it doesn't look good for SOS.

I'd also like to hear from you how Roq (Umbrella) is related to the SLCB-SOS affair. I'm trying to think of a possible link why you would accept anything from him since he is not even related to your allies. I have an idea though but that doesn't really put your alliance in a good light. For from it actually :smug:

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296671975' post='2616375']
Well darn, we seemed to be having some good conversation going there. :(
[/quote]
Still in the conversation, just trying to point out how over the top your assertions are. This war is not the end of everything, certainly not the end of "freedom" whatever that is supposed to be here. "Stability" is boring as all hell, and don't even get me started on how ridiculous the notion of this war destroying "culture" is. GATO did what they had to do, sure you might be sad that your unrelentingly annoying side is going to lose, but that's hardly the fault of GATO. They're not merely "saving their own skins" they are leaving a conflict honorably, having taken part to a significant degree.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296673580' post='2616403']
Still in the conversation, just trying to point out how over the top your assertions are.  This war is not the end of everything, certainly not the end of "freedom" whatever that is supposed to be here.[/quote]

As I said once before: "Everything. Must. Die." Yeah I'm convinced. 

But beyond the silly propaganda, maybe not freedom for everyone, but perhaps freedom for some. I see talk of huge reps, viceroys, forced disbandment, the harsher forms of ZI, and endless war almost solely from your side. Implement any of these and you'll be affecting the freedom of hundreds, perhaps thousands of nations. 

[quote]"Stability" is boring as all hell, and don't even get me started on how ridiculous the notion of this war destroying "culture" is.[/quote]

Well you're certainly tying to change the culture of declaring war only when directly threatened. It's funny, in general I agree that an alliance should have the right to defend itself preemptively. Nobody should have to wait for a threat to build to defend itself. But the way Doomhouse went about it was so completely hypocritical that it simply should not be supported. 

So I guess I should amend the above statement. An alliance should have the right to preemptively defend self against a [I]real threat[/I] as long as doing so does not put them in a hypocritical position. The attack on NPO, a now peaceful alliance with no threatening plans, by a group who previously went to war to stop such attacks and abuses is unacceptable to me and should be unacceptable to everyone here. 

[quote]
GATO did what they had to do, sure you might be sad that your unrelentingly annoying side is going to lose, but that's hardly the fault of GATO.  They're not merely "saving their own skins" they are leaving a conflict honorably, having taken part to a significant degree.
[/quote]

Well, I never did see the answer to my previous question. Did GATO leave any allies on the battlefield? If so then their exit was not at all honorable.

And yes, I'm sad that aren't standing up for what I believe is right. They are assisting your side in getting away with your hypocrisy. Even if indirectly.