Some More Peace

OsRavan

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296545386' post='2614422']
Less than two weeks of war? Really? Quick surrenders like this help make wars boring one sided beat downs. We don't have enough wars around here, then when we finally get a good one it goes up like a flash in a pan because too many alliances can't stand the heat. How many direct allies did MCXA leave behind to burn? How many more alliances where this decision harm? If you can't hold your alliance together for three months under curbstomp conditions then you may as well go ask the GPA for a neutrality handbook.
[/quote]
we came in to defend UINE. last i checked, 1/3 of their nations are in peace mode and their top seven nations are hanging out while the rest of the alliance burns. they want to stay and fight by putting their alliance through the grinder, that is their issue. personally, i don't see why we should fight to defend them when they haven't lifted a finger to defend themselves.

to our enemies:

o/ DICE
o/ GRUE
o/ INT
o/ =LOST=
o/ LSF
o/ NEAT
o/ ODN
o/ Tetris

especially INT, with whom i had six wars with. good times, great oldies. jesus the viking was the best opposition i had, and i loved every second of radiation.

Edited by Parandiac

[quote name='Parandiac' timestamp='1296569567' post='2614635']
we came in to defend UINE. last i checked, 1/3 of their nations are in peace mode and their top seven nations are hanging out while the rest of the alliance burns. they want to stay and fight by putting their alliance through the grinder, that is their issue. personally, i don't see why we should fight to defend them when they haven't lifted a finger to defend themselves.
[/quote]

It is called strategy. When you go in for the long haul ready to be curbstomped you tend to put a significant amount of nations in PM. They want to stay and fight for their allies. I really hope that MCXA's views do not reflect your own...

Furthermore you signed the agreement to stay out of the DH - NPO conflict... So that is you letting yet more allies down. I am not one to criticise people when they surrender, but your reply is just disrespectful and totally absurd.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1296563617' post='2614586']
I have nothing but respect and kindness for all of our former enemies, You guys gave us a good fight and many of you were honorable and respectful throughout the whole conflict.

This deserves a hailing.

o/ GRUE
o/ =LOST=
o/ ODN
o/ LSF,
o/ NEAT
o/ DICE
o/ Tetris
o/ INT
[/quote]

This... My MCXA targets put up a heck of a fight and were honorable throughout the battle.

[quote]1) MCXA admits defeat and surrenders to the alliances of ODN, LOST, LSF, NEAT, GRUE, DICE, Tetris, and INT.

2) MCXA will not re-enter the current conflict or any wars resulting from the current conflict (this includes the NPO-Doomhouse front). This also includes sending aid to Alliances at war.

3) MCXA shall write a review on the superiority of the Orange to all other lesser fruits for ODN.

4) MCXA shall write a 250 word review of the Star Wars Christmas Special for LOST.

5) MCXA shall write a review of GRUEs Zombie Strip Club

6) MCXA shall write a a 300 word minimum monologue of a Tetrad's descent through the matrix on his way down to being stabilized for Tetris

7) MCXA Shall write a poem about why Direct Democracies are NEAT

8) MCXA shall watch David Lynch's Dune and write a review about it for LSF.[/quote]

Some of those are just down right cruel! Forcing someone to watch and then write about the Star Wars Christmas Special is cruel and unusual. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. :P

[quote name='helstrm' timestamp='1296570663' post='2614638']
next time we should just ask people to post a picture of their big toe...
[/quote]
I can't believe you would even propose such a thing! That is beyond cruelty! :P

On a serious note, I only got to fight 1 guy from MCXA but I thank the lord other people were fighting him at the same time. He definitely knew what he was doing when it came to this war.

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1296570244' post='2614637']
It is called strategy. When you go in for the long haul ready to be curbstomped you tend to put a significant amount of nations in PM. They want to stay and fight for their allies. I really hope that MCXA's views do not reflect your own...

Furthermore you signed the agreement to stay out of the DH - NPO conflict... So that is you letting yet more allies down. I am not one to criticise people when they surrender, but your reply is just disrespectful and totally absurd.
[/quote]
Yeah it might be a strategy, but it is also pretty lame that your alliance is mostly hiding in peacemode, while your bigger ally is taking all the hits.
Also alliances who just sit in peacemode and stay in it the entire war contribute just as much to to the war effort as the ones who have surrendered. There is certainly a point to be made that alliances who use this tactic could be considered as surrendered alliances ass well.

I fought MCXA before, they did hang in a long time while losing huge amounts of NS when they fought us, but they stayed in nevertheless. Now with no allies left in the conflict it makes sense to get out and let Polar fight their own fights.

Edited by Timmehhh

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1296555895' post='2614527']
Can you promise me your the one who writes some of the terms out? Please, pretty please.
[/quote]

With my bad grammar, I think the terms would need to be re-done way to many times for them to even be understandable

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1296541369' post='2614305']
Does all of MCXA have to watch Dune or can they pick a representative? This is very important :v:.

I've always liked silly terms. Grats on peace.
[/quote]

Of all the terms, I found this one to be the most cruel and unfair. Also, if they give it a good review, we'll know they didn't watch it.

-Craig

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1296572421' post='2614655']
Yeah it might be a strategy, but it is also pretty lame that your alliance is mostly hiding in peacemode, while your bigger ally is taking all the hits.
Also alliances who just sit in peacemode and stay in it the entire war contribute just as much to to the war effort as the ones who have surrendered. There is certainly a point to be made that alliances who use this tactic could be considered as surrendered alliances ass well.

I fought MCXA before, they did hang in a long time while losing huge amounts of NS when they fought us, but they stayed in nevertheless.
[/quote]

Look at iFOK... They were getting beat down, but used their common sense and sent nations to PM. A [b]third[/b] of an alliance is hardly the majority and it is hardly outrageous. As for them taking the hits, usually before going in you anticipate counters and prepare for them, i.e sending your weaker nations to PM...

[quote]Now with no allies left in the conflict it makes sense to get out and let Polar fight their own fights.[/quote]
Well UINE have hardly left the conflict, since they are free to re declare. Also don't TIO and IAA count as allies? Also TPF ( an MDoAP partner ) is in the "other" conflict. So as far as I am concerned they have neglected several friends both by peacing out and signing that stupid agreement not to join regarding the other issue.

... and then for MCXA's membership attempting to talk trash about UINE. Oh please...

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1296538319' post='2614133']
I'll tell you what I told Sardonic.
[/quote]

Considering how much your alliance whined about the terms you got in the Six Million dollar war I'd consider dropping the tough guy act.

Also these terms are good, if they're going to leave so early make them work for their peace.

[quote name='Parandiac' timestamp='1296569567' post='2614635']
[/quote]

This is the perfect example why MCXA is nothing more but a random gathering of cowards in my book. Not only do you leave the very ally you sought to defend high and dry and still on the battlefield, but you attempt to bash them in order to justify your own incompetence ? How low can you sink ?

I spit in your general direction, MXCA. For shame!

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1296540258' post='2614249']
Nine days. You lasted nine days.

[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Thanks for that info. At least you had time to watch from the sidelines

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1296541369' post='2614305']
Does all of MCXA have to watch Dune or can they pick a representative? This is very important :v:.

I've always liked silly terms. Grats on peace.
[/quote]
We already had someone tortured through it. If it doesn't say it ,i would think it's our choice:P

[quote name='SWAT128' timestamp='1296542180' post='2614347']
I'm disappointed with the staying power some of the alliances on the NpO side of the war have shown so far.
[/quote]
We weren't here for NpO.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1296542563' post='2614360']
NpO needs to seek out better qualified applicants for the NpO meatshield position.
[/quote]
Again this wasn't about NpO.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1296543233' post='2614373']
Congrats on peace to my allies and friends. That's some draconian terms right there too. MCXA gov are going to do of carpel tunnel all the review writing they're going to have to do.
[/quote]
We can't copy and paste? :o

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1296544854' post='2614410']
Dear God that's brutal. Neo-Hegemony indeed.
[/quote]
No comment

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1296545252' post='2614418']
Gopher should have been made to complete terms 3-8 himself imo
[/quote]
We are working on it.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1296563617' post='2614586']
I have nothing but respect and kindness for all of our former enemies, You guys gave us a good fight and many of you were honorable and respectful throughout the whole conflict.

This deserves a hailing.

o/ GRUE
o/ =LOST=
o/ ODN
o/ LSF,
o/ NEAT
o/ DICE
o/ Tetris
o/ INT
[/quote]
I agree, alot of class you guys got there. good fight and Good Luck rebuilding yourselves.

[quote name='Weirdgus' timestamp='1296577959' post='2614741']
This is the perfect example why MCXA is nothing more but a random gathering of cowards in my book. Not only do you leave the very ally you sought to defend high and dry and still on the battlefield, but you attempt to bash them in order to justify your own incompetence ? How low can you sink ?
Oh my bad i8 forgot you were there when we talked to them. Apparently Not as low as you.

I spit in your general direction, MXCA. For shame!
[/quote]
Thank god there is a wind :D

Edited by Taliburn

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1296536923' post='2614034']
Whether or not they're the same war (even though they are) doesn't have to have anything to do with it. Terms are terms, and they can be about whatever the agreeing parties want them to be.
[/quote]
Of course it does as MK set the precedent in Bi-Polar. If its separate conflicts they should not be obligated to stay out of the DH-Fan vs NPO war.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296536934' post='2614037']
It's the same war and has plenty do with it.
[/quote]
HMmm how funny it is that you now change your tune.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1296539133' post='2614182']
You are stupid or just incredibly naive if you think that TOP and Co. joined that war to help us.

I was missing your "Polaris hater" side, nice to see that it came back.
[/quote]
YOU SIR ARE AN IDIOT. If it wasnt for Polar non of us would have been there. It was to help you end the war. As soon as you and yours realize that then perhaps youll understand why you are burning right now. There was once a time where many of us would have called BS and helped but alas that time is now long gone.

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1296539692' post='2614210']
You're right. They should demand tech. instead.

Edit: Or even demand that MCXA support their senate candidate and threaten war when voter turnout is less than optimal.
[/quote]
OMG this made me laugh so hard. Sorry Jesse James you will not ever see the maroon senate seat :)

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1296540560' post='2614273']
YOU also viewed TOP's pre-empt in Bi-polar as a totally separate war.

So would you care to expand on your logic on how that was a separate war, but yet this pre-empt is a related conflict?
[/quote]
^^^^^This

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1296541456' post='2614311']
*My* logic? I wasn't aware I ever made any comment on Bi-Polar being one war or two. Unless my memory is failing me (always a possibility). That sort of debate is exactly the sort of pointless debate I hate. Likely I would just go by what the records (CN wiki) says on the subject.

[b]I suppose you could argue for them being separate since the overlap of the two conflicts was what.... 60 minutes?[/b] Where as this current war is going on at the same time.

If both conflicts of Bi-Polar had been going on at the same time, and I had been writing peace terms, you would have seen terms from me forbidding entry into either front then as well. But one ended and a second one started.

Honestly though, does it really matter? Are you bringing up Bi-Polar because you actually think my earlier post explaining why the terms were written was wrong? Or as an attempt to try and deflect attention from the point I was making?
[/quote]
Ummm Polar peaced out after the initial pre empt began. It was the same war yet you and yours continue to try and rewrite history as the two had nothing to do with each other. NPO had already done everything to stay out they werent in coalition channels (so im told) yet Archon and other CnG officials were in coalition channels vs Polar. So why is this now the same conflict? DH had nothing to do with the run on NpO and declared their own seperate war. If nothing else be consistent. I dont mind watching most of the people here burn but damn dont be hypocrites just simply state in an effort to support our allies in the other war we will stop anyone from here entering.

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1296543522' post='2614382']
God that looks !@#$@#$ delicious
[/quote]

OH YES IT DID LUNCH TIME

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1296555095' post='2614523']
Makes me smile when people ask why did you not fight longer, why fight for people like NpO and STA they fail to respect those people who do the right thing, We joined this war in support of our allies, not in support of NpO or STA..... We joined to support our allies and we did our job the best we could, our allies who we joined the war to protect, TCU (who had already left) and UINE who are happy with the effort we put forth.

That is all that count for me.

so you may start your ranting and raving, and talking trash.

We did right by our allies the best we could, we have no treaty or anything with STA so have a good day
[/quote]
But you do with TPF, whom you just agreed not to help.