Some More Peace

OsRavan

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1296540560' post='2614273']
YOU also viewed TOP's pre-empt in Bi-polar as a totally separate war.

So would you care to expand on your logic on how that was a separate war, but yet this pre-empt is a related conflict?
[/quote]
Because it didn't benefit them then and benefits them now, of course.

Granted, I think it's the same war myself, though for some different reasons than others.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1296539689' post='2614209']
The NPO-Doomhouse war started because the latter chose to start an unprovoked blitz to eliminate someone they didn't like and who could grow into a political threat. Demanding alliances not join that war under pain of a beatdown means you are giving that action your support.
[/quote]
Oh yea? To who? I dont think youve done youre home work on NEAT have you...

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1296540560' post='2614273']
YOU also viewed TOP's pre-empt in Bi-polar as a totally separate war.

So would you care to expand on your logic on how that was a separate war, but yet this pre-empt is a related conflict?
[/quote]

*My* logic? I wasn't aware I ever made any comment on Bi-Polar being one war or two. Unless my memory is failing me (always a possibility). That sort of debate is exactly the sort of pointless debate I hate. Likely I would just go by what the records (CN wiki) says on the subject.

I suppose you could argue for them being separate since the overlap of the two conflicts was what.... 60 minutes? Where as this current war is going on at the same time.

If both conflicts of Bi-Polar had been going on at the same time, and I had been writing peace terms, you would have seen terms from me forbidding entry into either front then as well. But one ended and a second one started.

Honestly though, does it really matter? Are you bringing up Bi-Polar because you actually think my earlier post explaining why the terms were written was wrong? Or as an attempt to try and deflect attention from the point I was making?

[quote name='Venizelos' timestamp='1296540409' post='2614265']
no attack on NPO is unprovoked.
[/quote]

By definition, provocation requires action. NPO has done nothing in the last 2 years.

"We don't like you" is not provocation.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1296540458' post='2614267']
Next time we make come up with reps for an alliance, we'll take into account what members of the New Polar Order, New Pacific Order and New Sith Order think. :rolleyes:

Or should I say The Orders
[/quote]
Well you're gonna have to go find someone that's in any of those alliances and find out what they think.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1296541456' post='2614311']
I suppose you could argue for them being separate since the overlap of the two conflicts was what.... 60 minutes? Where as this current war is going on at the same time.

If both conflicts of Bi-Polar had been going on at the same time, and I had been writing peace terms, you would have seen terms from me forbidding entry into either front then as well. But one ended and a second one started.
[/quote]

A number of fronts (such as the NSO one) continued throughout the whole thing.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1296540458' post='2614267']
Next time we make come up with reps for an alliance, we'll take into account what members of the New Polar Order, New Pacific Order and New Sith Order think. :rolleyes:

Or should I say ~*~The Orders~*~
[/quote]
As it should be. :smug:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1296538679' post='2614152']
Do you even know what respect is?
[/quote]

It's a bit late in the day to be making this turn in discussion tactics, D34th. In fact, I'd say it's a few months or years too late.

[quote name='Comrade Korey' timestamp='1296541749' post='2614325']
Well you're gonna have to go find someone that's in any of those alliances and find out what they think.
[/quote]

Ahh, you haven't actually been reading this thread then. Oh and umm are you not in NpO?

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1296542362' post='2614355']
Likewise Umbrella is fighting on both fronts of this war.
[/quote]

Are you then claiming that the BiPolar war was a single war, contrary to the claims of the senior Doomhouse members whose actions you reference?

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1296541456' post='2614311']

Honestly though, does it really matter? Are you bringing up Bi-Polar because you actually think my earlier post explaining why the terms were written was wrong? Or as an attempt to try and deflect attention from the point I was making?
[/quote]

The reason I am bringing it up is because ODN was very vocal during that war that MK were innocent bystanders who received a raw deal by being declared on in an uninvolved conflict. This was the position of your gov during that time, and one that I have yet to see anyone from the current ODN govt disagree with.

So in essence it was not made to deflect attention form anything you wrote. You began with the absolute statement that ODN views this preempt as a related conflict. This is contrary to the stance you as an alliance have taken previously in relation to preemptive attacks. So basically everything you said after that statement is worthless unless you can explain how this situation differs from your stance in Polar.

So yes, it really does matter if you expect anyone to view anything you wrote as something more than "it's ok when my friends do it"

Edited by The Crimson King

I am really starting to enjoy the NPO pig-squealing. It's like they think they can argue themselves out of this war. :v:

I'm looking forward to this being over cuz I'm getting hungry.

[img]http://pinkpignyc.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/26/daisy_pig.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1296539407' post='2614194']
It is saddening to see that ODN, LOST, LSF, NEAT, GRUE, DICE, Tetris, and INT seemingly support a policy of unprovoked attacks on other alliances.
[/quote]

Exactly whom do you think is listening to your whining?

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296543248' post='2614375']
I am really starting to enjoy the NPO pig-squealing. It's like they think they can argue themselves out of this war. :v:

I'm looking forward to this being over cuz I'm getting hungry.

[img]http://pinkpignyc.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/26/daisy_pig.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

God that looks !@#$@#$ delicious