Joint Justitia - GOONS Announcement

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1296696240' post='2616794']
That's a convenient way of interpreting what constitutes reparations; however, we'll go ahead and stick with the more commonly accepted notion that they're compensation paid by a defeated party for damages sustained by another party as a result of hostilities with the defeated party.
[/quote]
Those are not reparations. It is extortion. This isn't a "convenient little trick interpretation." For GOONS to seek monetary compensation for damages incurred during their unprovoked war of aggression is nothing short of extortion.

The Cult has entered this war by treaty, in support of her allies, and in an overall defensive operation in which GOONS is a part of the primary aggressor, having declared an entirely unprovoked and unjustified war. By no stretch of the imagination is it possible to justify the thievery you so proudly proclaim you will attempt.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1296698230' post='2616835']
Hahahahaha! I think you're the first person to notice!
[/quote]

I just watched the first part of the video now. I've got to say, I was taken aback at how young you sounded Schatt. lolol. [OOC] I suppose it's because of your avatar, that guy looks so old. [/OOC]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1296706113' post='2616968']
Those are not reparations. It is extortion. This isn't a "convenient little trick interpretation." For GOONS to seek monetary compensation for damages incurred during their unprovoked war of aggression is nothing short of extortion.

The Cult has entered this war by treaty, in support of her allies, and in an overall defensive operation in which GOONS is a part of the primary aggressor, having declared an entirely unprovoked and unjustified war. By no stretch of the imagination is it possible to justify the thievery you so proudly proclaim you will attempt.
[/quote]

It's your prerogative to maintain what doesn't constitute reparations in whichever novel manner you choose. That, however, changes little for GOONS.

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1296706663' post='2616978']
It's your prerogative to maintain what doesn't constitute reparations in whichever novel manner you choose. That, however, changes little for GOONS.
[/quote]
Fortunately, we plan to be broke by the time we start entertaining any envoys from GOONS, anyway.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1296706575' post='2616977']
I just watched the first part of the video now. I've got to say, I was taken aback at how young you sounded Schatt. lolol. [OOC] I suppose it's because of your avatar, that guy looks so old. [/OOC]
[/quote]
I am a shadowman, we exist outside of time. Tonight I am this man, tomorrow but a boy might sit in my chair as this husk disintegrates at my feet, though it would pain me to take the life of the youth for his body -_- but his consciousness in me would know eternity, and his body never age til I tossed it away at use's end. Thus I have observed all human history, and will see all things to come.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1296709041' post='2617081']
Fortunately, we plan to be broke by the time we start entertaining any envoys from GOONS, anyway.
[/quote]
Ah, so you admit to have lost then, Schatt?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1296709041' post='2617081']
[/quote]

We'll accept food stamps.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1296735375' post='2617639']
Ah, so you admit to have lost then, Schatt?
[/quote]

I don't think they're all in as much denial as Cortath is.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1296706113' post='2616968']

The Cult has entered this war by treaty, in support of her allies, and in an overall defensive operation in which GOONS is a part of the primary aggressor, having declared an entirely unprovoked and unjustified war.[/quote]

Yes. It's that simple. I can't believe this has gone on for 22 pages.

You started this.

[quote name='KingEsus' timestamp='1296770131' post='2618217']
Yes. It's that simple. I can't believe this has gone on for 22 pages.

You started this.
[/quote]
Yes, CoJ started this by DoW'ing on GOONS. Thanks for reiterating my point. :smug:

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1296770285' post='2618220']
Yes, CoJ started this by DoW'ing on GOONS. Thanks for reiterating my point. :smug:
[/quote]

We should get 90m per nation that was in peacemode when the DoW from coj was made.

We will be rolling in dongs forever and ever.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1296770285' post='2618220']
[/quote]

I think they are just trying to get a rise out of you Esus, there is no way they can actually be this godamn stupid

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1296689969' post='2616676']
There is a strange obsession among GOONS where they seek to extort "reparations," and I shall use that term loosely, at the end of their aggressive war.
[/quote]
If we didn't ask for reps from NPO, just the people who declared on us, would that make you happy? Then we'd only "extort reparations" from defensive wars.

[quote name='daggarz' timestamp='1296795040' post='2618888']
I think they are just trying to get a rise out of you Esus, there is no way they can actually be this godamn stupid
[/quote]

Heh, the irony there just [b]kills[/b] me.

When ODN hit FEAR a few months back for hitting INT/TPE/Fark, Europa hit ODN. Did we see it as a "Defensive" war? Hell no. We knew it was an aggressive war on ODN, because we were the [b]aggressors[/b]. It really isn't that difficult to wrap your mind around.

Then again, I can't see any good reason anybody would ever want to be in an alliance with Schatt, either, so perhaps this one goes right over my head.

Yep. That must be it.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1296795704' post='2618901']
Heh, the irony there just [b]kills[/b] me.

When ODN hit FEAR a few months back for hitting INT/TPE/Fark, Europa hit ODN. Did we see it as a "Defensive" war? Hell no. We knew it was an aggressive war on ODN, because we were the [b]aggressors[/b]. It really isn't that difficult to wrap your mind around.

Then again, I can't see any good reason anybody would ever want to be in an alliance with Schatt, either, so perhaps this one goes right over my head.

Yep. That must be it.
[/quote]

Yeah you should bring up a completely irrelevant thing that happened to alliances i dont give a remote !@#$ about and then insult me about being in an alliance with a guy that makes most of you look stupid on a regular basis.

Yep. That must be it

It's ok daggarz.. That's what happens when we try associating with the Kindergardeners running amok on Bob ;).. Mature posters are only found within the hallowed walls of Elysium (Dead Warrior Land) :P

CoJ Keep doing what you're doing. You are just and right in your cause :)

oo/

[quote name='daggarz' timestamp='1297185510' post='2625814']
Yeah you should bring up a completely irrelevant thing that happened to alliances i dont give a remote !@#$ about and then insult me about being in an alliance with a guy that makes most of you look stupid on a regular basis.

Yep. That must be it
[/quote]

I didn't know you were in the same alliance as Lamuella or Sardonic. Welcome to GOONS!

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1297224024' post='2626557']
I didn't know you were in the same alliance as Lamuella or Sardonic. Welcome to GOONS!
[/quote]You get your complimentary hegemonic oppression boots on your first-month anniversary of membership! It's a great deal, those things just never wear out no matter how much you use them.

We would have done well to have heeded the words that Doitzel spoke so long ago. We have descended into a new era in which the oppressed has now become the oppresor. What have we done to see the advent of such reckless hate in this society? The Grand Global Alliance is a wonderful example of how history can be long remembered. Pacifica is now learning that same lesson although they are having a far easier time resisting the teacher. Alliances like the Mushroom Kingdom and the Federation of Armed Nations have become EXACTLY the same thing that they fought so hard to destroy. The cycle of oppression has now come full circle...and this time Pacifica is the one who must say "NO!"

[quote name='shaneprice' timestamp='1297224702' post='2626568']
We would have done well to have heeded the words that Doitzel spoke so long ago. We have descended into a new era in which the oppressed has now become the oppresor. What have we done to see the advent of such reckless hate in this society? The Grand Global Alliance is a wonderful example of how history can be long remembered. Pacifica is now learning that same lesson although they are having a far easier time resisting the teacher. Alliances like the Mushroom Kingdom and the Federation of Armed Nations have become EXACTLY the same thing that they fought so hard to destroy. The cycle of oppression has now come full circle...and this time Pacifica is the one who must say "NO!"
[/quote]
Good thing this is about GOONS and not FAN or MK.

Apparently... we're [i]worse[/i].

Edited by Choson

[quote name='shaneprice' timestamp='1297224702' post='2626568']
[/quote]

Nah bra, we're finally destroying that thing we tried so long to destroy.