Dear Archon

Schattenmann

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Archon,

It would be difficult for me to be any more miserable right now, I feel like the worst person ever. First, let me start by saying that I am truly truly sorry, and I hate myself for hurting you. Of all the people in the whole entire world, you were honestly the last person that I would ever want to wrong in any way.

There is no excuse at all for anything that happened, so I won’t even try other than to say all of us had WAY too much to drink, and I did a stupid thing. I can handle you being pissed at me, I absolutely deserve it, I can even handle the ugly words that were exchanged between us, what I can’t handle is thinking that you see me as a different person. It is weird, the world looked funny yesterday, I couldn’t crack a smile if you paid me, there are songs I can’t listen to, and I just feel beyond crushed.

I don’t know if you meant everything you said to me, and I am hoping that you didn’t. I know that I was wrong on many kevels, but I am also hoping that this is something that we can deal with. I know it sounds totally crazy and stupid, I can’t imagine my days without you. It is totally strange and weird to say that, and you could say that my behavior didn’t reflect that, and you would be correct. I hate feeling like you hate me, and I hate feeling like all of your friends think I am a terrible person, because I am not. I know there is nothing I can say or do to take back what happened. I am so sorry.

-Schattenmann

[quote name='Qaianna' timestamp='1295938287' post='2599295']
If you don't care anymore, why destroy that which others care for?

Many times in my childhood, I would try to play games with my family. Those games would end when one party stopped caring. When the rules and the play money meant nothing.

Politics is at times called a great game among nations, but with real soldiers instead of chessmen. If that's the case, I hate to see what happens when the 'smash the board' clique really takes hold.
[/quote]
Your words resonate with me, old friend.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295941681' post='2599497']
Well said, Schattenmann. However, your words fall on the deaf ears of the baying horde.
[/quote]

There's a difference between not listening, and disregarding a self-serving rant only designed to make someone unimportant look good. Guess which one this one is? I'll give you a hint: its #2.

Oh, and D34th? Cry some more.

[quote name='TakeruImpulse' timestamp='1295944554' post='2599631']
There's a difference between not listening, and disregarding a self-serving rant only designed to make someone unimportant look good. Guess which one this one is? I'll give you a hint: its #2.
[/quote]

I didn't see his post as self-serving at all. If anything is was an admonishment of himself for believing in what MK was saying at the time and for taking so long to realise it was !@#$%^&* as well as something of a rallying cry to those of us who do not wish to live in a world ruled by petulent children.

Your response to D34th clearly places you in that demographic so it is little wonder your short attention span meant you missed the message intended here.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295938001' post='2599278']
Um, most of us just don't really give a !@#$ anymore, but if trying to fit our behaviour into traditional CN norms makes you happy, please continue.

OOC: Cya on the moon etc.
[/quote]

This is closest to the truth I think. Archon has been wanting to leave for some time. Everytime he does everybody else starts screwing things up so badly he has to come back. So he figured lets go all in then he and can fade away and be long gone before NPO returns to power. They will of course because unlike you they do care so they will always win in the end. This is sort of like a big roguefest because you know its only a matter of time.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1295946304' post='2599697']
The angst in this thread was well worth it. You children! Really, if this is the best PR attack Tyga and Grub can produce consider me well satisfied.
[/quote]

PR attack? Not at all. More a character assessment.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1295949105' post='2599756']
This is closest to the truth I think. Archon has been wanting to leave for some time. Everytime he does everybody else starts screwing things up so badly he has to come back. So he figured lets go all in then he and can fade away and be long gone before NPO returns to power. They will of course because unlike you they do care so they will always win in the end. This is sort of like a big roguefest because you know its only a matter of time.
[/quote]
You're reading too much into that tbh. We really just don't like them. Let's face it, fighting an extended war with the NPO will be far more time consuming than sitting back and letting Lebubu run things.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295949631' post='2599767']
PR attack? Not at all. More a character assessment.
[/quote]
I wasn't aware they were mutually exclusive.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295956236' post='2599897']
I wasn't aware they were mutually exclusive.
[/quote]

All depends on the intent. If I created a thread about it perhaps you'd have a point. A comment in a huge thread not so much.

Schattenmann, I don't know how to say this without being incredibly condescending, but I feel this needs to be said nonetheless.

You will never accept that some alliances have more power than others and you will hate those that wield power indefinitely.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295957076' post='2599915']
All depends on the intent. If I created a thread about it perhaps you'd have a point. A comment in a huge thread not so much.
[/quote]
Hmm, that sounds nice but doesn't actually make sense. It's either mutually exclusive or it's not [it's not btw].

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1295957375' post='2599922']
Schattenmann, I don't know how to say this without being incredibly condescending, but I feel this needs to be said nonetheless.

You will never accept that some alliances have more power than others and you will hate those that wield power indefinitely.
[/quote]

His support of MK post-Karma suggests you are not entirely correct here.

As I said in a PM to someone mere moments ago:

[quote]The Karma War was fought under the twin banners of 'Freedom' and 'Change'. It was within that context that I took part in the Reformation of Nordreich. Ignoring [for] a moment our simple desire to reform as a community, we took Karma's idea of forgetting past grievances at face value.[/quote]

We fell for it, but quickly learned that it was all a lie.

None of this surprises me, I'm afraid.

Always a follower, Schattenmann. Ever heard the saying "it's best never to meet your heroes"? Well this is one of those circumstances.

You are amongst the cream of this game's journalistic talent, and much like the journalists of the real world dream of a blissful bohemian lifestyle. Yet soon when you come face-to-face with the issues you discover your own ignorance. Those you tried to be cool around never really cared, or even worse, just sucked up to you.

You know damn well that anyone with power will excercise it, and I feel that MK are far cleaner than the Hegemony in that they are brutally honest when it comes to war. A pity your letter will have no influence.

Perhaps it's time you joined NPO.