Treaties... what are they good for, absolutely nothing!

Fyfe XIV

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could easily see upwards of 3 or more withdraws from NOIR relating to tensions from the Sparta bit amongst other things, and while I suspect there will be some serious jockeying going on (particularly amongst the alliances that get beat up the worst), it's tough to place a good guess a number. The 'sides' in this war are more convoluted than ever before.

I would guess that between 10-20 treaties will be canceled after the war.

People need to make treaties they intend to honor, instead of signing treaties for the sake of having a lot of treaties.

Personally I think that an alliance could get by with one bloc treaty and perhaps a couple of protectorate treaties with smaller alliances they are protecting.

Having an alliance in multiple blocs is a recipe for disaster since if those blocs go to war then that alliance will have to choose one and attack the other(s). (they could chose to honor none, but why would anyone want them in a bloc afterward if they are not going to fight when things get tough)

I would like to see a streamlined treaty web with fewer, yet more significant treaties.

Edited by Prime minister Johns

I think anyone with ties to The Hanseatic League will either break those bonds or risk looking like complete idiots. (Note: This does not apply to THL allies who already look like complete idiots. *cough* TGE *cough*)

While I have no influence over the development of such a process, I think it is safe to say that several NOIR signatories will re-examine their ties to this so-called 'bloc'. I said so even before Sparta decided to attack Nueva Vida.

I am optimistic that many alliances will subject all of their treaties to a bit more scrutiny, once they realize the extent to which they were taken for a ride during this war. (Some of us have known where this war was headed since Day One. I'm curious to see what the world's reaction will be when it becomes more widely known just how many alliances were treated as pawns by their erstwhile allies.)

Many alliances have seen allies fighting on both sides of this war or, perhaps worse, electing to stay out altogether rather than defend treaty partners. Similarly, at least one alliance that declared its neutrality (to treaty partners, in private, citing conflicting interests) broke its pledge in a rather spectacular fashion.

Taken all together, these various factors ought to produce somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-100 cancellations at war's end.

However, I'm not so naive as to think that the typical CN 'leader' -- myopic and with a memory like a goldfish -- will actually be able to pull together so many strands of thought at once.

With that in mind, I would put the total number of post-war treaty cancellation that are somehow tied to this war....oh, I'd say somewhere around 10.

[quote name='gantanX' timestamp='1295863354' post='2596355']
probably 20 - 30 treaties will be canceled and another 50 New treaties will be signed.. :v:
[/quote]

i wouldnt put the numbers quite that high, but yea. 10-15 treaties canceled, but the same number of treaties made. maybe a few more made then lost.

Hopefully over 100.[quote name='Prime minister Johns' timestamp='1295856508' post='2596256']
I would guess that between 10-20 treaties will be canceled after the war.

People need to make treaties they intend to honor, instead of signing treaties for the sake of having a lot of treaties.

Personally I think that an alliance could get by with one bloc treaty and perhaps a couple of protectorate treaties with smaller alliances they are protecting.

I would like to see a streamlined treaty web with fewer, yet more significant treaties.
[/quote]This is very easy to say, when your alliance has a stated policy of doing literally nothing.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1295860686' post='2596319']While I have no influence over the development of such a process, I think it is safe to say that several NOIR signatories will re-examine their ties to this so-called 'bloc'. I said so even before Sparta decided to attack Nueva Vida.[/quote]It's primarily an economic bloc, and I was very glad for it when I was in Umbrella.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' timestamp='1295866675' post='2596389']
Hopefully over 100.This is very easy to say, when your alliance has a stated policy of doing literally nothing.

It's primarily an economic bloc, and I was very glad for it when I was in Umbrella.
[/quote]

Not so much. It was mainly about preventing black team alliances from opposing each other and giving help when needed.