Why do you play?

Believland

Why do you play CN? Honestly, I had some revelation and honestly have stopped caring about my nation anymore. It's all about the OTS, NoR and TSO community that keeps me around. I see thirty pages of bickering about CB's being right or wrong and just shake my head. Now, this isn't a thread to ***** and moan about how CN is dying or how the mods/Admin don't do **** or how players lack cojones these days. Just answer the question. Why do you play CN?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the game's political aspect heading south over the past year or so I hold out that it may improve. I also enjoy running an alliance and interacting with the various people from around the world that make it tick. My nation is not the reason I play, it is my ticket to a much bigger game that plays out outside the limitations of the game itself.

Unlike a lot of players, I actually enjoy the nation building aspects of the game. It involves maths, which I enjoy, even if it is a very simplified version.

I also like communicating with other people and it helps to relax after a day at work. It's time consuming at times, and even though the quality of the OWF is going down very quickly, there's still some intelligent players out there who I don't mind reading about and learning about.

Simple really. I like the FA aspects and the building aspects. War doesn't really interest me; it's more of an inevitable set back to building for me.

Politics. This war is very interesting. Although one side is obviously evil, they're putting some respectable, complicated effort into the game. The war is being coordinated like a game of chess, with people moving around their strongest bits. RIA's double sided declaration appears to be random and insane, but it's the most brilliant diplomatic move I've ever seen... a lot of the war is similar too. Politics are worthless during peace, but during war, they really shine and watching the political landscape change is interesting too. One other reason I signed up to CN was because people kept telling me about how much nerdrage was in the game - that aspect does not disappoint.

I hate the war system, but love the competitive aspects of it, coordinating with people to make a fight work.

I like working with people. I like making an alliance more competent. I like turning unwashed noobs into elite killing machines.

And I like games where you can sit around and chat. I sign up for MMORPGs just to chill. CN's even better as I could do it anywhere where I have IRC access, while doing other things in the meantime.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1295750842' post='2592768']
Why do you play CN?
[/quote]

As an excuse to lounge around on IRC and chat with some of the more interesting folks I've met over the last roughly 5 years. Also, there's something about the trainwreck that is the OWF that is so repulsive, yet so morbidly humorous that I find myself mildly amused reading it from time to time.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1295750842' post='2592768']
Why do you play CN? Honestly, I had some revelation and honestly have stopped caring about my nation anymore. It's all about the OTS, NoR and TSO community that keeps me around. I see thirty pages of bickering about CB's being right or wrong and just shake my head. Now, this isn't a thread to ***** and moan about how CN is dying or how the mods/Admin don't do **** or how players lack cojones these days. Just answer the question. Why do you play CN?
[/quote]
Yeah... the nation doesn't really mean jack anymore. I pretty much play out of habit (4+ years is hard to kick) and to stay in touch with my alliance.