Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295326155' post='2580118']
As my superior officer, he is fully within his rights to roast over whatever fire he chooses.

I, however, will watch from afar as VE does the Lord's work.
[/quote]So you're saying you'd specifically decline a generous invite to roast marshmallows with your superior officer just because Polar was the source of the fire?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295325952' post='2580092']
If the information is easy to obtain and unimportant, why would you jump at the chance to attack over it? It is perfectly fine to just say that you dislike Polar and were more geeked out about hitting them. I've led an alliance before, I know how it goes. You're more likely to "give a pass" to an alliance you have no issue with and are far more likely to roll tanks against someone you can't stand.

Granted, I don't personally care about the CB. If you feel it is war-worthy, then you should attack ... and have done so. I would just rather see people being honest about their motives.
[/quote]
Just because it's easy to obtain doesn't mean it should be a lesser offense. Haven't alliances been rolled for stealing guides in the past or something? Those are readily available to anyone in an alliance.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295326287' post='2580134']
So you're saying you'd specifically decline a generous invite to roast marshmallows with your superior officer just because Polar was the source of the fire?
[/quote]
I'm saying that despite my feelings for VE they are truly doing the Lord's work by providing the fire.

Embrace eternity.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1295326246' post='2580129']
There is this AWESOME invention called IRC. Experienced players who want to keep the past the past will often query the Alliance Leader or Official in charge of admission to plead their case if they feel the secret would be safe.

Man, I am sure NOTHING like this happens at least once a week.
[/quote]

What is this magic you speak of. Sorcery I say!

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1295326246' post='2580129']
There is this AWESOME invention called IRC. Experienced players who want to keep the past the past will often query the Alliance Leader or Official in charge of admission to plead their case if they feel the secret would be safe.

Man, I am sure NOTHING like this happens at least once a week.
[/quote]

So you think he claimed to be an experienced player, and it never came up what his old name was? And would you let Lennox clear your academy?

Him getting cleared of the academy based on showing he was an experienced player on IRC, is at the very least, as likely as him being a "double agent," in my mind at least. Because THAT has never happened before, either.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295326336' post='2580137']
Just because it's easy to obtain doesn't mean it should be a lesser offense. Haven't alliances been rolled for stealing guides in the past or something? Those are readily available to anyone in an alliance.
[/quote]

Again, that depends on how much you like said alliance.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1295326203' post='2580122']
<@Impero[VE]> it was old info
<@Impero[VE]> archived info
[/quote]
Yes, but I was referring to the fact that you guys use open sign ins. I've done those before... in 2007.

Edited by youwish959

[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1295326278' post='2580133']
Fear not, I'll brave the heat of the radioactive fire while my fellows get the chocolate and graham crackers. That way we can return to our corner to watch the festivities in peace.
[/quote]

I'll get the drinks.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1295326203' post='2580122']
<@Impero[VE]> it was old info
<@Impero[VE]> archived info
[/quote]
wait? so you're going to war over old, archived information?

i can't wait to burn your nations to the ground.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1295326253' post='2580130']
Surely you have not finished the portion that Grub cut out of our backs?
[/quote]A year is a long time, especially when the amount initially cut has been extensively overblown in the retelling.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1295326278' post='2580133']
Fear not, I'll brave the heat of the radioactive fire while my fellows get the chocolate and graham crackers. That way we can return to our corner to watch the festivities in peace.
[/quote]I personally find it despicable how your subordinates would willingly sacrifice your well being due to their own small minded prejudices.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295326360' post='2580138']
I'm saying that despite my feelings for VE they are truly doing the Lord's work by providing the fire.

Embrace eternity.[/quote]So you aren't going to admit that you are willing putting your Lord in harms way by forcing him to roast hte marshmallows for the entire alliance by himself?

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1295326486' post='2580147']
Yes, but I was referring to the fact that you guys use open sign ins.
[/quote]

Oh that? That's their incompetence showing.

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Kevin32891,
Darth Creepy,
Sith Lord,
New Sith Order.[/font]

Edited by kevin32891

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295326426' post='2580142']
Again, that depends on how much you like said alliance.
[/quote]
And how would you react if you found out the second in command of an alliance knew of, kept in contact with and accepted info from a spy in your alliance

[quote name='King Srqt' timestamp='1295326610' post='2580158']
And how would you react if you found out the second in command of an alliance knew of, kept in contact with and accepted info from a spy in your alliance
[/quote]
Well for starters I'm willing to bet they'd at least talk to the other alliance first :rolleyes:

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1295326424' post='2580141']
So you think he claimed to be an experienced player, and it never came up what his old name was? And would you let Lennox clear your academy?

Him getting cleared of the academy based on showing he was an experienced player on IRC, is at the very least, as likely as him being a "double agent," in my mind at least. Because THAT has never happened before, either.
[/quote]

I am sorry, was Lennox aka Meg on someones ZI list? Personally, if he came to me saying he wanted to start over fresh I would waive him on through. I have done it for people before....I will probably do it again in the future.

My example is a hell of a lot more common than your cockamamie conspiracy theory.

[/quote]I'd probably query the alliance's leadership to try to find out what's up. I'd also probably try to mediate the situation to prevent allies from being put into a tough position.

I definitely wouldn't charge headlong into a war in under 24 hours.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295326560' post='2580154']
I personally find it despicable how your subordinates would willingly sacrifice your well being due to their own small minded prejudices.

So you aren't going to admit that you are willing putting your Lord in harms way by forcing him to roast hte marshmallows for the entire alliance by himself?
[/quote]
Somehow I suspect we aren't exactly in danger here. I wish there was the threat of a larger war looming, but there isn't. You will burn alone.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295326721' post='2580164']
Somehow I suspect we aren't exactly in danger here. I wish there was the threat of a larger war looming, but there isn't. You will burn alone.
[/quote]I was specifically referring to the danger your Lord admitted he was putting himself in by braving the radioactive fallout to roast marshmallows for you.

Please try to keep up with the conversation. :rolleyes:

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295326721' post='2580164']
[/quote]
you keep promising me polaris is going to burn, but the alliances attacking us don't really line up with your predictions :(

perhaps you should tell someone to find decent alliances to make us "burn" next time.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1295326551' post='2580152']
This comment and your sig go very well together, Hoo.
[/quote]

lol

[/quote]

I'd let that alliance know, especially if they were allied to a long time ally of ours.

[quote name='captain america' timestamp='1295326822' post='2580172']
you keep promising me polaris is going to burn, but the alliances attacking us don't really line up with your predictions :(

perhaps you should tell someone to find decent alliances to make us "burn" next time.
[/quote]
VE and iFOK suck I agree, but PC will hurt you. Also Polar isn't exactly a military powerhouse.