Announcement from the Blackstone Commission

PotFace

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1293393082' post='2554524']
That's incredibly disrespectful to the dying alliance's wishes. Are they not entitled to determine their final fate?
[/quote]

I'm not really sure its the member wishes to get raided.

Edited by Weezy

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][img]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae312/Dhullax35/OOSign.png[/img]

Until further notice, Octava Orden will be assisting Celestial Being in the protection of the alliance affiliation "Blackstone Commission"[/center]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1293393082' post='2554524']
That's incredibly disrespectful to the dying alliance's wishes. Are they not entitled to determine their final fate?
[/quote]
Sure are. They decided not to protect their members and they don't have to. Since they no longer exist. WarriorConcept has decided he wants to protect them. They don't actually have to do anything nor are any of them forced to do anything. In fact, if they want to get into wars, I'm sure WC won't stop any of them. He is, however, allowed to declare war on anyone he wants and this is a notice that anyone raiding BC's AA can expect such a response from him.

There are plenty of other nations to raid.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1293395379' post='2554566']
Sure are. They decided not to protect their members and they don't have to. Since they no longer exist. WarriorConcept has decided he wants to protect them. They don't actually have to do anything nor are any of them forced to do anything. In fact, if they want to get into wars, I'm sure WC won't stop any of them. He is, however, allowed to declare war on anyone he wants and this is a notice that anyone raiding BC's AA can expect such a response from him.

There are plenty of other nations to raid.
[/quote]
I was under the impression that the OP wanted the members attacked, he since clarified his position. I withdraw my objection.

And no there aren't "plenty" of other nations to raid.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1293395476' post='2554569']
I was under the impression that the OP wanted the members attacked, he since clarified his position. I withdraw my objection.

And no there aren't "plenty" of other nations to raid.
[/quote]

Blackstone being open to raiding would only be seven more, and only one over 6k NS.

Not really a huge loss to the raid pool in any case.

[quote name='Weezy' timestamp='1293394468' post='2554551']
[center][img]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae312/Dhullax35/OOSign.png[/img]

Until further notice, Octava Orden will be assisting Celestial Being in the protection of the alliance affiliation "Blackstone Commission"[/center]
[/quote]

As if a VE-protected alliance wasn't enough, Octava Orden just had to jump in on the bandwagon too. Great job!

[quote name='Ninja Colt' timestamp='1293398239' post='2554623']
As if a VE-protected alliance wasn't enough, Octava Orden just had to jump in on the bandwagon too. Great job!
[/quote]

Nothing better to do?

If you really must know, I was a former BCOMrade and personally wanted to make sure all BCOMrades have a chance to get to a safe haven before being raided. WarriorConcept and CB appreciated it and I'm sure the BCOM members appreciate it. Whether this pleases you or just gives you another reason to dislike us, we could care less.

Edited by Weezy

[quote name='Weezy' timestamp='1293394468' post='2554551']

[/quote]
Since you are "assissting" Celestial Being, will your protection expire in 7 days as well?

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1293399463' post='2554647']
Since you are "assissting" Celestial Being, will your protection expire in 7 days as well?
[/quote]

Unless you hear from myself or OO government otherwise, yes.

[quote name='Ninja Colt' timestamp='1293398239' post='2554623']
[/quote]

Hardly a bandwagon considering the 34 minute between them saying they would protect BCOM and Octava Orden said we would protect them. We were discussing this prior CB posting that they would protect the remaining BCOM members on if we should do it or not. Before we posted it though we did notice that they were the better people and decided to get on it before we did so we edited how we were going to word it and changed it to support CB in their Declaration of Protection.

It is a problem a good majority of the Cyber Nations world is facing. Chronic inactivity and a lack of new recruits. Most these days are re-rolls. As well, another major issue is the number of members contributing versus the lazy/spammers.

I wish all of the Blackstone Commission members the best of luck. o/

[quote name='Weezy' timestamp='1293398995' post='2554635']
Nothing better to do?

If you really must know, I was a former BCOMrade and personally wanted to make sure all BCOMrades have a chance to get to a safe haven before being raided. WarriorConcept and CB appreciated it and I'm sure the BCOM members appreciate it. Whether this pleases you or just gives you another reason to dislike us, we could care less.
[/quote]
Well, since we're on a truth-seeking mission, that would mean you put more care and concern into BCOM and your BCOMrades after you had left than when you were there. I have 1 post from you on file - a membership application.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1293400006' post='2554654']
Farewell BCOM, it was good getting to know some of you while you were a protectorate under NSO, and it sucks whenever instability and inactivity can destroy a lot of hard work. Anyways, good luck to all!
[/quote]
I know right? Hey, that's okay tho - hard work is what it's all about for some of us. Question is, who deserves to benefit from it?

Good show, PotFace. I wish more alliances would follow your example and either get busy living or get busy dying. I'll be taking the same approach with my alliance.

Regarding the raid stuff...all this legalistic talk is complete BS. As if invading other nations is "legal" or not depending on whether they're protected. Besides, if you don't like the protection, why not put CB and OO to the test? Protecting alliances comes with just about zero risk these days, any only encourages the proliferation of micros that contribute nothing to the political environment.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1293400720' post='2554666']
Well, since we're on a truth-seeking mission, that would mean you put more care and concern into BCOM and your BCOMrades after you had left than when you were there. I have 1 post from you on file - a membership application.[/quote]

Glad we cleared that up on IRC :)

Pot, you are a great guy, a great leader and I'm sure NpO is going to love having you around. I wish you the best of luck!