A Sad GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1293169503' post='2552448']
No, not you. I find it odd that the GOONS who are grieving the loss of their "friends" managed to pull it together and pass out logs so quickly. Friends, indeed.
[/quote]
pssh we had logs ages ago man... like years and years

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not you. I find it odd that the GOONS who are grieving the loss of their "friends" managed to pull it together and pass out logs so quickly. Friends, indeed.
[/quote]

GOONS' other allies have a right to know what went down. It's ridiculous you're actually pursuing this line of argument.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1293170252' post='2552459']
GOONS' other allies have a right to know what went down. It's ridiculous you're actually pursuing this line of argument.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he was talking about passing out logs to the OWF. Not to allies in private channels.

[quote name='Mixoux' timestamp='1293161204' post='2552249']
It's fine; this thread succeeded in burning any bridges SF and PB may have had with each other.
[/quote]

I laughed pretty hard at this, and that was before I even realized what alliance you were in.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1293125514' post='2551715']
TOP now has 'a' connection to PB. You don't like it? That's what non-chaining clauses are for! It's a nature of the web that most people will have, and have to accept, indirect ties that they don't care for.[/quote]

Quoting this as I entirely agree with it. Any alliance with more then 1 treaty has probably run into this issue at some point.

I keep seeing people reference the IRON-R&R treaty ITT. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the treaty that they never seem to activate when a big war rolls around? It's probably prevented them from ever fighting each other, but I can't recall either of them actually using it.

[quote name='Mixoux' timestamp='1293161204' post='2552249']
It's fine; this thread succeeded in burning any bridges SF and PB may have had with each other.
[/quote]You're smarter then this, Mixoux. I count no less than [s]four[/s] [s][i]five[/i][/s] [b]SIX[/b] treaties between SF and PB that are active right now if you count Fark (and you should), including one MADP that your very own alliance possesses that has no cancellation clause, for what that's worth. As for "bridges being burned", you keep telling everyone VE's treaty won't be cancelled over this and who is GOD to tell the rest of SF which bridges they should be burning for GOD's affairs?

GOD successfully "sent a message" with their cancellation, but politically they have achieved nothing.

Edited by JT Jag

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1293130935' post='2551796']
schatt, you need to realize something: there is no beef between us. Nothing in our past bothers me, and I hold no grudge against you.

My dislike of you is purely, empirically, and entirely because you're a loudmouthed tinpot with no sense of how own inherent pointlessness. You don't need to hold a grudge against a stone in your shoe to find it annoying.
[/quote]

Well Lamuella, at the very least we all <3 you.

Anyways, It's hard to say who to side with, so I'll tabulate up where the forum [s]tro-[/s]hooligans present themselves then calculate the overall score (bad ones can be subtracted):

TheBigBad - pro-GOD: GOD 1 GOONS 0
WANA - pro-GOD: GOD 0 GOONS 0
ChairmanHal - 'wtf, duh?': wtfbbq
Mr. Damsky - pro-GOONS: GOD 1 GOONS 0
AlterEgo - pro-TOP: GOD 2 GOONS 0
MVP - anti-Polar/pro-TOP: GOD 2 GOONS 1
Voytek - MK/pro-GOONS: GOD 2 GOONS 0

Okay. I guess GOD wins this round. Oh well.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1293157520' post='2552208']
TOP-IRON-R&R-GOD is why I don't get this move. Am I to guess that GOD will either kick R&R out of SF or leave SF?

+1 for GOONS
[/quote]
Eh, every major war, IRON and R&R pretty much end up on different sides.

It's quite hilarious really.

Also the R&R treaty is an antique from 2007.

[quote name='Heyman' timestamp='1293087450' post='2551324']
So we're not playing a political game?
[/quote]

I guess not. Seems what I've been playing since 2006 is a soap opera. As someone who left in Dec., 2007 and returned this last Oct., I truly can say my predictions three years ago, and how this game would be in the years to come.... were spot on.

First the big bad boy on the block was NPO and their infernal hatred for anything of relative size and the ensuing poli-blocs that caused the wars in 2006/2007, and now the table has not just turned, the table got a new spread cloth.

I would just have to say I appreciate the OP, yes, I have my own personal views of GOONS... but sometimes things just have to be said. Anyway, I'll get back to just reading the thread.

Regards,
Cuba

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1293174601' post='2552512']
Well Lamuella, at the very least we all <3 you.

Anyways, It's hard to say who to side with, so I'll tabulate up where the forum [s]tro-[/s]hooligans present themselves then calculate the overall score (bad ones can be subtracted):

TheBigBad - pro-GOD: GOD 1 GOONS 0
WANA - pro-GOD: GOD 0 GOONS 0
ChairmanHal - 'wtf, duh?': wtfbbq
Mr. Damsky - pro-GOONS: GOD 1 GOONS 0
AlterEgo - pro-TOP: GOD 2 GOONS 0
MVP - anti-Polar/pro-TOP: GOD 2 GOONS 1
Voytek - MK/pro-GOONS: GOD 2 GOONS 0

Okay. I guess GOD wins this round. Oh well.
[/quote]
You have the strangest fascination with me. Just saying.

[quote]Maybe you should talk with Impero because your portrayal of Xiph is creating a divide that is probably not wanted at this time. Impero made it very clear that a war over NEW would be difficult because of all the conflicting treaties. Yet, here you are creating tension that could push SF away. If VE/PB doesn't want a war that could pin them against SF I suggest they put a muzzle on the tough talking MKers.[/quote]
Wait, you're actually suggesting that we try to 'muzzle' members of an alliance which [i]we're not even connected to[/i]? :wacko:

[quote]Staying away from TOP = Joining NpO? Can't we just like...stay away from you?[/quote]
I'll let Xiph answer that one:
[quote]More than that, I have serious issue with the motive behind this. It's an open secret several pockets of PB and MK consider NpO the threat. This is ridiculous, and I can say that much more certainly than any one of you can say TOP's turned a new leaf. It's based on 12 months of interaction. If NpO's been some big bad menace out to wrestle top spot, they've certainly hid it well. [b]They've been staunch and reliable allies to GOD, unofficially, since the conclusion of Bipolar[/b]. Dajabo and Penguin helped get GOD-Polar relations on track since the first time since prior to the UJW, and helped settle a beef that had run for far too long.[/quote]
(emphasis mine)

[/quote]
I didn't originally receive them from GOONS. Quite the opposite, as far as I can tell.

[quote name='Leigon' timestamp='1293167720' post='2552425']
Alas you wouldn't be any longer even if you hadn't mass-canceled on us hardly a few month after signing a treaty that had been in the making for years. Really MK sometimes I wonder what happened to you.
[/quote]
Oh, because "GOD knows best."

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' timestamp='1293155073' post='2552184']
This isn't how you treat friends and allies. It's how you treat lackeys. Heaven forbid an ally ever think your agenda isn't viable for them, then; I'm sure the world would end.
[/quote]
I've been telling people this is how Xiph works for ages now. Finally you're seeing the truth.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1293157520' post='2552208']
TOP-IRON-R&R-GOD is why I don't get this move. Am I to guess that GOD will either kick R&R out of SF or leave SF?

+1 for GOONS
[/quote]
R&R-IRON is a one-way treaty. As witnessed in the last war, where IRON refused to defend NSO against Fark for fear of offending R&R, but R&R refused to defend IRON against Grämlins when everyone else had left the war. That makes it OK.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1293160304' post='2552241']
Except you're literally the same distance from TOP as you were a month ago. The only difference is you lost a good ally for no reason. Truly a masterplan.
[/quote]
And then there leader complains about the 'side' being messed up :)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293190826' post='2552580']
R&R-IRON is a one-way treaty. As witnessed in the last war, where IRON refused to defend NSO against Fark for fear of offending R&R, but R&R refused to defend IRON against Grämlins when everyone else had left the war. That makes it OK.
[/quote]
We did not defend NSO for the same reasons you didn't...they asked not to. R&R involved or not involved would not change that nor would it change the outcome of that conflict in anyway. Pretty much everyone has refuted what you claim. Funny thing is the source of that info was Hoo, who you all trolled the past week (in that timeline) for being a liar.

Regarding R&R and not helping us in Gramlins situation, they had intense pressure from there treaty web side. They honestly tried to help but I suspect they were quickly and swiftly pressured. If you look logically, we are 1 alliance on that side of web for R&R and everyone they had on the other side...we UNDERSTAND the complications that it may cause. We have realistic expectations of each other in certain scenarios, thats why the treaty survives to this day.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1293193174' post='2552591']
We did not defend NSO for the same reasons you didn't...they asked not to. R&R involved or not involved would not change that nor would it change the outcome of that conflict in anyway. Pretty much everyone has refuted what you claim. Funny thing is the source of that info was Hoo, who you all trolled the past week (in that timeline) for being a liar.
[/quote]
I was referring to Bipolar, not the periodic curbstomps.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1293193174' post='2552591']
Regarding R&R and not helping us in Gramlins situation, they had intense pressure from there treaty web side. They honestly tried to help but I suspect they were quickly and swiftly pressured. If you look logically, we are 1 alliance on that side of web for R&R and everyone they had on the other side...we UNDERSTAND the complications that it may cause. We have realistic expectations of each other in certain scenarios, thats why the treaty survives to this day.
[/quote]
Yes, this is why it's a one-way treaty and Xiph is OK with it.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1293187624' post='2552566']
Wait, you're actually suggesting that we try to 'muzzle' members of an alliance which [i]we're not even connected to[/i]? :wacko:
[/quote]
You can always cancel on GOONS if you can't get us to. That will teach us.

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1293168788' post='2552438']
Yeah why bother with the truth when it's easier to toss stones
[/quote]

Because these past couple of pages have been SO productive.

[_]GOD has a foreign policy and I am okay with it
[_]GOONS doesnt have jurisdiction over their allies treaties, and they shouldnt have been treated that way
[_]Hungry

Check a box, and go enjoy the holidays? Also, this whole new world concept developing makes me feel as if we're all going to break out into singing disney songs. Guys, it's different flags, same !@#$.

Edited by Acca Dacca