Re: Athens

Rafael Nadal

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1292378476' post='2539868']
I am happy to inform everyone that a diplomatic solution has been reached and raf will be rejoining the Mushroom Kingdom.
[/quote]
Well, since the cat got out of the bag, so to ask as well; did Raf leaked anything or did you dropped that position in further consideration?

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1292385779' post='2539936']
Thats FAR too logical and easy. Clearly its something else
[/quote]Generally the simplest solution is the correct one. Given certain alliances' affinity for mass deception, however, it's best not to take anything at face value.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1292386683' post='2539945']
Generally the simplest solution is the correct one. Given certain alliances' affinity for mass deception, however, it's best not to take anything at face value.
[/quote]
You're right, we would absolutely deliberately make ourselves look like petty idiots for the whole of CN.

We would do this because ______________

(fill the blank)

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1292376838' post='2539860']
Let's see. If MK and Athens would dug it out. Two leading alliances of Karma going at each other with a possible breakdown of the treaty web which made the defeat of NPO possible.

It could be the real fresh start many hoped Karma would be.
A planet bob where every alliance could grow and develop in its own way without the shadow of a super block/treaty web hovering over them

However it will not happen, not now at least.
If you cannot see the irony in this, I'm not sure if anyone can explain it to you.
[/quote]

Thank you for saying Athens was a leading alliance in Karma. I do not believe anyone was truly going after a fresh start . We were attempting to curb the NPO aggression that many on our side felt. This is exactly what we accomplished.

So I do not see any irony in this fantasy of yours and on that point I agree.

Now if you think this would some how stop Athens aggression you are sadly mistaken. Our pure desire of dominance and evil is unmatched. We will crush all with the hooves of the all might Llama. You will bow before our wooliness. The air from your lungs will be denied as we twist the treaty web around your neck.

So wrap your dreams of irony around you , like a snuggie , and I hope it keeps you warm in the cold days we bring.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1292376838' post='2539860']
Let's see. If MK and Athens would dug it out. Two leading alliances of Karma going at each other with a possible breakdown of the treaty web which made the defeat of NPO possible.

It could be the real fresh start many hoped Karma would be.
A planet bob where every alliance could grow and develop in its own way without the shadow of a super block/treaty web hovering over them[/quote]
How would this happen exactly?

Do you really think new blocks wouldn't form or grow in to fill the void?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1292387873' post='2539956']
Athens should either merge into MK or leave CnG.
[/quote]
They totally should!

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1292387715' post='2539953']
You're right, we would absolutely deliberately make ourselves look like petty idiots for the whole of CN.

We would do this because _______________
(fill the blank)
[/quote]
We (MK/Athens) would do this because [u]we would absolutely deliberately make ourselves look like petty idiots for the whole of CN.[/u]

Voytek, this is too easy because you provided the answer :smug:

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1292390951' post='2540008']
We (MK/Athens) would do this because [u]we would absolutely deliberately make ourselves look like petty idiots for the whole of CN.[/u]

Voytek, this is too easy because you provided the answer :smug:
[/quote]
You realize that makes no sense at all right?

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1292387715' post='2539953']

We would do this because ______________

(fill the blank)
[/quote]

I'm not sure why you would do it but I usually have a hard time taking everything that "leaks" at face value. Probably not because of your alliance but because there have been many instances of deception, as fallen fool said.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1292390951' post='2540008']We (MK/Athens) would do this because [u]we would absolutely deliberately make ourselves look like petty idiots for the whole of CN.[/u]

Voytek, this is too easy because you provided the answer :smug:[/quote]
We would absolutely deliberately make ourselves look like petty idiots for the whole of CN... because we would absolutely deliberately make ourselves look like petty idiots for the whole of CN?

I worry about you.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1292391963' post='2540025']
We would absolutely deliberately make ourselves look like petty idiots for the whole of CN... because we would absolutely deliberately make ourselves look like petty idiots for the whole of CN?

I worry about you.
[/quote]

well, to be perfectly fair, at least it applies in your situation, voytek :v:

Edited by KainIIIC

[quote name='angryraccoon' timestamp='1292387924' post='2539957']
Thank you for saying Athens was a leading alliance in Karma. I do not believe anyone was truly going after a fresh start . We were attempting to curb the NPO aggression that many on our side felt. This is exactly what we accomplished.

So I do not see any irony in this fantasy of yours and on that point I agree.

Now if you think this would some how stop Athens aggression you are sadly mistaken. Our pure desire of dominance and evil is unmatched. We will crush all with the hooves of the all might Llama. You will bow before our wooliness. The air from your lungs will be denied as we twist the treaty web around your neck.

So wrap your dreams of irony around you , like a snuggie , and I hope it keeps you warm in the cold days we bring.
[/quote]

Athens became sort of the spokesperson for a large part of Karma so that definitely puts you in place as a "leading alliance". To deny that would be foolish.
I'm not going to deny that for some Karma was solely for payback, but at the same time it was frequently voiced during/after karma that planet bob would be better off without the NPO hegemony.

As i said before i hold no ill will towards Athens (or MK) so to portrait my comments as a grudge/gloat is uncalled for. Athens on its own is not a particular aggressive alliance (although there are some incidents which do not reflect well on you such as the "alliance wide tech raid" ) but the extensive treaty web which for a large part revolves around Athens is for a large part responsible for the recent apathy and decline of planet bob.
If the treaty web would become fractured or even shattered this would be a grand opportunity for us all.

Besides the things i already mentioned, the irony is also strong in the fact that such a conflict will not happen soon simply because it means possible risks and people have a tendency to crawl in a safe position. As long as their own alliance is safe they couldn't care less about planet bob.

The irony is contained in the fact that when opportunity for improvement presents itself people will not take it. They prefer they devil they know to the devil they do not know.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1292390451' post='2540000']
Do you really think new blocks wouldn't form or grow in to fill the void?

[/quote]

It is quite possible (to be expected actually) that new blocks would form, but in the aftermath of the collapse of the current superblocks the politics would become a lot more fluent thereby improving the fun on Bob.

Edited by Andre27