Re: Athens

Rafael Nadal

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1292328435' post='2539428']Hmmm, Nadal still has no wars, and only 6 boats. Beginning to look like shens.[/quote]
I don't think the fact that Athens hasn't actively declared war on a longtime friend for this is indicative of anything but the fact that he was a longtime friend.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1292329304' post='2539429']
I don't think the fact that Athens hasn't actively declared war on a longtime friend for this is indicative of anything but the fact that he was a longtime friend.
[/quote]
The OP seems to suggest that he believes Athens will declare war on him. Now if I felt that that was going to happen to me, I'd want to have more than 6 boats.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1292329511' post='2539431']
The OP seems to suggest that he believes Athens will declare war on him. Now if I felt that that was going to happen to me, I'd want to have more than 6 boats.
[/quote]
Perhaps he does not intend to stick around in this world for much longer? Who knows.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1292300692' post='2539199']
He is doing a bit more then that, intentionally or not. By removing himself from MK he is also eliminating the ramifications of an accusation for MK of a member spying.

That is nice of him.
[/quote]

Actually MK has said in the past they take responsibility for the actions of people in their alliance while they're on the AA, even if they're declared a rogue afterwards. Since Rafa dropped the MK affiliation after the spying, if that was indeed him on CNtel, it's still on MK per their own policies as far as I can tell. Unless it was just !@#$%^&* what they were saying recently, during the NSO masking fiasco if I recall correctly, but perhaps I don't.

It's a trap! Rafael, do a barrel roll! Athens, you guys have all the fun, though... you're still not Best Greece.

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1292334099' post='2539457']
It started a while ago.
[/quote]
[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1292336205' post='2539465']
It's happening.
[/quote]

It's finished.

Edited by Lukapaka

Athens, protip: next time you *THINK* you have a little, teeny, tiny problem with one of our members, why don't you talk to one of our many lovely and frequently available government members about it so we might sort something out amicably instead of you FLIPING THE F OUT like a child who sees someone else playing with their toys.

Seriously.

Edited by Some-Guy

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1292333586' post='2539455']
Actually MK has said in the past they take responsibility for the actions of people in their alliance while they're on the AA, even if they're declared a rogue afterwards. Since Rafa dropped the MK affiliation after the spying, if that was indeed him on CNtel, it's still on MK per their own policies as far as I can tell. Unless it was just !@#$%^&* what they were saying recently, during the NSO masking fiasco if I recall correctly, but perhaps I don't.
[/quote]

Where, when and by whom was that said?

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1292346741' post='2539530']
Oh God damn, you're going to make me find evidence? Might do it later if I remember but it's now 5pm, official clocking off time in Poyplonia.
[/quote]

Yes, please. You can PM it if you prefer as I'm just surprised since this is the first I hear from it. I could have just missed it though.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1292344365' post='2539516']
Someone posted something [idunnowhat] on some site called CN Telecom, and Athens thinks it was Raffa. And that it was privileged information which improper masking would enable Raffa to have.
[/quote]

If he was the only person who had access to the information, then shame on him. If others had access to the information, then shame on them, and maybe they should be careful about who they let have access in the future. Give people only as much access as they need to do their jobs, nothing more.

edited for spelling.

Edited by greenacres

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1292350266' post='2539564']
Can't you two just get along? Long-time friendships are meant to last. Not let the first sign of trouble destroy it.
[/quote]

There's no such thing as a truly long-term friendship in CN. The orders split...

Furthermore if Athens feels like they were really violated by raffa they have every right to be pissed about it, long-term friendship or not.

That being said... this is absolutely petty.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1292351982' post='2539587']
There's no such thing as a truly long-term friendship in CN. The orders split...

Furthermore if Athens feels like they were really violated by raffa they have every right to be pissed about it, long-term friendship or not.

That being said... this is absolutely petty.
[/quote]

Ofcourse there is. That some close people split doesn't mean that other will. Long-term friends work their problems out. If they can't, they aren't really friends.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1292352996' post='2539596']
Ofcourse there is. That some close people split doesn't mean that other will. Long-term friends work their problems out. If they can't, they aren't really friends.
[/quote]

Well, just call me suspect then. Aside from FOK/iFOK, there seems to be a dying bread of long-term friendships. Now treaties are all about political posturing and friendships are formed out of opportunity. It's a shame really, but one needs only to look at the treaty web. (It is undoubted that friendships exist, but I would wager that only a select few would survive true turmoil).

/me sighs to much out there and with these players it wouldnt surprise me if this was shens but i guess only time will tell. If its not shens then it is a shame on all parts.

good luck Athens

Raf your better than this if it is true i can only speculate as to why it would happen.