A Close to the MK-TFD Affair

Archon

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1289694489' post='2512358']
Actually according to [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94635&view=findpost&p=2512280]this[/url] it's more "not knowing who is in TFD government" rather than "not teaching their members that there's a chain of command", can you honestly say that every single member of your alliance could list your entire government and each individual gov members powers?
[/quote]

Vladisvok; you obviously know nothing about The Prolific Empire, because the fact is that, they do. However, our Government could be fairly simple compared to that of TFD's. Seeing as I don't know how big their Government is, I wont comment any further. Nonetheless, members should know who their leaders are, and their powers. It should all be outlined in their charter right?

Edited by KingEd

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's outlined in the charter. Also members before they are admitted also have to agree they won't attack any nations without permission from the Minister Of Security.

The membership is also kept in contact with by the various members of Government and other related sections of the alliance.

They can only do so much... I'm sure it's just the same with any other alliance.

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1289694489' post='2512358']
Actually according to [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94635&view=findpost&p=2512280]this[/url] it's more "not knowing who is in TFD government" rather than "not teaching their members that there's a chain of command", can you honestly say that every single member of your alliance could list your entire government and each individual gov members powers?
[/quote]

With TPE thats actually a possibility that he could say that honestly. Although he's the exception to the rule imo.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1289699231' post='2512390']
I'm quite amused, there is always one it seems.

Congrats to TFD and MK for a quick mutually agreeable resolution.
[/quote]

i think this is the best post in this thread. it expresses down to earth reason, rationality, and compassion that i'd like to see more of these days.

also, HI BOB

finally, GOOD SHOW MK!

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1289689227' post='2512257']
So anarchying a nation and directly attacking is worth significantly less to you than cancelling a trade and taking 3 mil?
[/quote]

Well when the nation attacked is 14,000 ns and a tech dealer, but the nations whose trades were messed up and inefficient backcollects were necessary are in a much larger range...yes. The damage done was a lot more for the trade issue.

Good to see a reasonable resolution to this issue.

The initial replies dribbling about "extortion" just come across as over-compensation to me and you just made yourselves look stupid in what was otherwise a perfectly reasonable announcement. Trivialising the past by acting like fools won't erase it.

[quote name='Matthew The Great' timestamp='1289699207' post='2512389']
moral of the story here: keep your soldier count at 20% or else you get anarchied whenever someone attacks ;)
[/quote]
[s]Bloody [i]Spartans[/i] and their low soldier counts.[/s]

EDIT: Welp, that was embarrassing, I got you and Matthew Conrad mixed up :<

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1289703133' post='2512454']

The initial replies dribbling about "extortion" just come across as over-compensation to me and you just made yourselves look stupid in what was otherwise a perfectly reasonable announcement. Trivialising the past by acting like fools won't erase it.
[/quote]

Taking every chance you will to drop a diatribe isn't going to change the way we choose to treat our past.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289703588' post='2512464']
Taking every chance you will to drop a diatribe isn't going to change the way we choose to treat our past.
[/quote]

Hardly a diatribe, just an honest observation. Is your skin really that thin these days?

In before MK mockingly calls this 'extortion' to detract from what they did to NSO...

Oh, wait, I'm a little late on that one.

This is respectable. Sucks that the one guy was duped into attacking MK, and as for the guy who started this mess... If I were TFD I'd be giving him the boot regardless of MK's desires.

It's a shame, though, that all of MK's interactions cannot be as respectable.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1289703133' post='2512454']
Good to see a reasonable resolution to this issue.

[/quote]

Tyga, while I understand that you feel we are deflecting these criticisms against us and that you think were trying to make the situation with NSO go away by making fun of it, I think you fail to understand that we actually enjoy it ourselves. We don't enjoy that people will reach at straws to make us look poor but we aren't here to be liked by everyone nor to do the best thing for CN. We play to have fun, not to make friends with everyone. And I will also submit to you that if we don't make it obvious how pathetic the extortion claims are, and how falsely our image is attempting to be spun by haters, it's likely that they would find success in their schemes. It's not an easy task to "not stoop to the level of our antagonists" when no higher level has come forth. There's a reason we use baby-talk with babies. For that reason, I submit that it is necessary to communicate in that way in order to play the way we want to play. If we can't be the ones to establish our identity as we see fit, then I feel we're playing different games. Like I said, we're not here for your approval.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289703837' post='2512467']
Excuse me. I meant jeremiad.

And no, thin skin is not the case here; just an honest assessment.
[/quote]

Not a jeremiad either. Facts of the matter are you tarnished a perfectly good and reasonable announcement in your desperation to take a swing at people who were critical of your last debacle. Not a complaint or a diatribe, just an honest assessment as I said.

I'm happy that you reached a reasonable resolution on this occasion but it is a little disappointing that you had to offset that by unleashing the chorus-line of nonsense at the start of the discussion.

[quote name='Crowdog' timestamp='1289704520' post='2512475']
Tyga, while I understand that you feel we are deflecting these criticisms against us and that you think were trying to make the situation with NSO go away by making fun of it, I think you fail to understand that we actually enjoy it ourselves. We don't enjoy that people will reach at straws to make us look poor but we aren't here to be liked by everyone nor to do the best thing for CN. We play to have fun, not to make friends with everyone. And I will also submit to you that if we don't make it obvious how pathetic the extortion claims are, and how falsely our image is attempting to be spun by haters, it's likely that they would find success in their schemes. It's not an easy task to "not stoop to the level of our antagonists" when no higher level has come forth. There's a reason we use baby-talk with babies. For that reason, I submit that it is necessary to communicate in that way in order to play the way we want to play. If we can't be the ones to establish our identity as we see fit, then I feel we're playing different games. Like I said, we're not here for your approval.
[/quote]

I never said you were here for my approval. I have always voice my opinion on matters honestly and directly. In my opinion, you screwed the pooch over the NSO trade circle incident and a good many people share that opinion. Take that for what you will, it matters nothing to me. In this instance MK did the right thing. Again, my opinion. I was just disappointed it was ruined somewhat by the chorus-line of stupidity that you bombed the discussion with in a lame attempt to trivialise the other issue.

I have no intention of turning this thread into a re-hash of the other discussion about the NSO incident. I have no intention of trying to change MK or to have you seek my approval. My only intention here was to voice my opinion that MK did the right thing here (I'd surely be accused of only looking for negatives if I remained silent) but the crap at the beginning of the discussion was neither necessary or constructive. I don't doubt you all enjoyed yourselves doing it. I just think it cast a negative image over a largely positive announcement.

You are free to operate as you please just as I'm free to voice my opinion on how you or anyone else operates.

Edited by Tygaland

Personally, for something like that - the argument I'd be having if I were the alliance leader of NSO or TFD is which alliance gets to ZI the offender. Would probably have to split it 3 ways. ;)

There's joking, then there's calling the fire department and making a false report...

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1289705061' post='2512483']
I never said you were here for my approval. I have always voice my opinion on matters honestly and directly. In my opinion, you screwed the pooch over the NSO trade circle incident and a good many people share that opinion. Take that for what you will, it matters nothing to me. In this instance MK did the right thing. Again, my opinion. I was just disappointed it was ruined somewhat by the chorus-line of stupidity that you bombed the discussion with in a lame attempt to trivialise the other issue.

I have no intention of turning this thread into a re-hash of the other discussion about the NSO incident. I have no intention of trying to change MK or to have you seek my approval. My only intention here was to voice my opinion that MK did the right thing here (I'd surely be accused of only looking for negatives if I remained silent) but the crap at the beginning of the discussion was neither necessary or constructive.

I don't doubt you all enjoyed yourselves doing it. I just think it cast a negative image over a largely positive announcement.

You are free to operate as you please just as I'm free to voice my opinion on how you or anyone else operates.
[/quote]

I understand you think we hurt our image with the beginning posts. In my last response you'll see that I asserted it as a necessary evil. For that reason, I apologize for your disturbance with our actions, but I don't apologize for behaving that way. We are free to act as we see fit as you say. But I do hope you are not so bold as to believe producing slanderous claims are the same as acting for the sake of independence.

I'm sorry, I'm confused. How is acknowledging our [i]blatant extortion[/i] hurting our image? It's right there for everyone to see, Archon said it himself in the OP. We're just acknowledging that it happened. MK is a bunch of extortionists, it's what we do.

Next week we're planning to hold Halfinger up for ransom. We figure we can get at least 500 tech out of that one.