A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1289349916' post='2508723']
I'm not spreading blatant misinformation. Did I or did I not say that I must have been mistaken?
[/quote]
Yeah, your admission of being mistaken just happened to be connected to two other baseless accusations.

It's a little like a backhanded compliment.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1289350147' post='2508726']
They're just constantly quoting you to try to salvage some damaged PR in what is a lost cause. Don't take it personally, notice all the noise around you? That's all it is, just noise.
[/quote]
That 2:1 reply to post ratio is [i]deafening[/i].

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289336715' post='2508448']
Well I do have one complaint and thats your appraisal of Corporation C. In these discussions, Yev and Imp were clearly baited (hook line and sinker) into what was to become RV's log dump on these forums. RV didn't want to negotiate down, RV saw that he had exactly what he wanted to work with and allowed the rest to fall into place. As much as I deride RV, his move was a smart one even if I find it to be crass and in poor taste.
[/quote]I wouldn't say baited. I might give you "RV let them continue to be unsavory buffoons" but it certainly wasn't incited.

By that point anyway, MK had already proved itself unwilling to back down from their figures in negotiations with two other NSO members before it even got to RV.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1289349229' post='2508705']
What do you actually say outside of sarcastic tongue in cheek posts that no one understands outside of yourself and your friends in #mushroom ?

It's really not much when you think about it.
[/quote]
Think harder. While you're at it have a look back through my posts in this thread. Most of them aren't sarcastic or tongue-in-cheek.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289350527' post='2508734']
By that point anyway, MK had already proved itself unwilling to back down from their figures in negotiations with two other NSO members before it even got to RV.
[/quote]
No, they didn't.

Attempting to convince the other party you don't need to pay at all is not negotation.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289350246' post='2508729']
Yeah, your admission of being mistaken just happened to be connected to two other baseless accusations.

It's a little like a backhanded compliment.
[/quote]

So, you're saying no one from MK was justifying the amount? I found 3 in the first 10 pages alone. So, I'd hardly call that baseless.

I think you are all falling into NSO's plan, as it was once described by kingzog. Clearly, NSO [i]wants[/i] war with MK, knowing it will bring them closer to NPO's corner, and thus their "soft power," which they will then convert to "hard power" by having Ivan Moldavi practice his "power alchemy." Then, NSO will prevail.

And you fools are dumb enough to keep falling for their evil plans, time and time again.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1289350741' post='2508740']
So, you're saying no one from MK was justifying the amount? I found 3 in the first 10 pages alone. So, I'd hardly call that baseless.
[/quote]
Ah, so when you said "you" in your previous post, you didn't mean me, you meant all Mushroom Kingdom members. Fair enough.

Regardless, a few members viewing the sum as justified, whereas many others posting that it was a mistake, does not constitute a 180 in alliance policy or opinion. It might if alliances were monolithic and connected through some sort of hive mind, but in reality, all it shows is that alliance members have different opinions.

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1289350929' post='2508742']
I think you are all falling into NSO's plan, as it was once described by kingzog. Clearly, NSO [i]wants[/i] war with MK, knowing it will bring them closer to NPO's corner, and thus their "soft power," which they will then convert to "hard power" by having Ivan Moldavi practice his "power alchemy." Then, NSO will prevail.

And you fools are dumb enough to keep falling for their evil plans, time and time again.
[/quote]
:lol1: Too funny :lol1:

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289351032' post='2508745']
Ah, so when you said "you" in your previous post, you didn't mean me, you meant all Mushroom Kingdom members. Fair enough.
[/quote]

Yes, I was referring to MK as a whole, not directly at you. And, I'll agree with you on your second point. Like I said, I was mistaken. Seeing Ardus and Tamerlane justifying it over and over must've burned into my head.

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289350182' post='2508727']
Given that this line of argument is popular amongst the plebs, I've drawn up a nice and simple venn diagram to show the difference (perhaps pictures will be easier to understand than words):
[/quote]
Given that your line of argument is bull poo, I've brought back something for you and all of MK.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1289350702' post='2508738']
No, they didn't.

Attempting to convince the other party you don't need to pay at all is not negotation.
[/quote]Insisting they have to pay for damages they didn't cause isn't negotiation.

NSO were in the right to deny responsibility that wasn't theirs. No form of convoluted, invented logic can change that.

They didn't offer a lower figure because that would be the same as admitting responsibility. Again, they were not responsible.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1289351210' post='2508752']
Yes, I was referring to MK as a whole, not directly at you. And, I'll agree with you on your second point. Like I said, I was mistaken. Seeing Ardus and Tamerlane justifying it over and over must've burned into my head.
[/quote]

You poor soul.

[quote name='Co God Ben' timestamp='1289350741' post='2508739']
Seems like this could be and possibly even should be handled in private channels.
[/quote]
According to the opinions voiced in this thread, you're the last man alive who believes anything important should be handled in private channels.

[quote name='Co God Ben' timestamp='1289350741' post='2508739']
Seems like this could be and possibly even should be handled in private channels.
[/quote]Hey, you're probably right.

This option flew right out the window when RV posted that thread though.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1289319238' post='2508100']
The difference being it was completely to my benefit to do that, whereas RV could have just negotiated to a reasonable price, if he hadn't so blatantly misread the situation, and have had to pay less. I guess they consider the extra money paid worth it to do PR damage to MK.
[/quote]
I would say the 15M/250 Tech paid out was a bargain when compared to the seed he just planted.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289351836' post='2508769']
Cuz lebubu is a .... I guess you'll have to get me on IRC if you want to know, but we all know different names for things that meow.
[/quote]
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you... the opposition. :lol1:

@MM - May this seed grow into a blossoming tree of carnage and destruction... or, in the case of all those who are abhorred by our actions, another chat room.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289351308' post='2508754']
Given that your line of argument is bull poo, I've brought back something for you and all of MK. Look to your left.
[/quote]
You brought back JFK? That must have been messy.

Right, there's certainly no difference between cancelling a trade on the one hand, and cancelling a trade that you had agreed to maintain and accepted $3m for. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289352315' post='2508779']
You brought back JFK? That must have been messy.

Right, there's certainly no difference between cancelling a trade on the one hand, and cancelling a trade that you had agreed to maintain and accepted $3m for. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
....a ghost nation agreed to maintain

it does not make NSO responsible for that nation.

give up boys, you lost this argument. I know it, you know it, NSO knows it, and the whole world knows it. you lost.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289352481' post='2508783']
....a ghost nation agreed to maintain

it does not make NSO responsible for that nation.

give up boys, you lost this argument. I know it, you know it, NSO knows it, and the whole world knows it. you lost.
[/quote]

Ghosts aren't masked as full members of an alliance, I know it, you know it, NSO knows it, and the whole world knows it. Ignoring facts for your convenience is underneath most people; but I suppose not you. Your logic lost.

Edited by Owned-You