GOONS Policy Change

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1289292197' post='2507775']
I considered his attack justified because you allow your members to do the same to other alliance around our size, you guys should treat others how you expect to be treated and there is a reason a lot of people dislike you guys but don't care about other alliances which allow tech raiding. The main one is you guys raiding micro alliances and making it part of policy.
[/quote]

If we were a 15 or fewer man alliance, this statement would be fine. We aren't and you are just grasping at straws. I would have no objection to being raided if I were not smart enough to seek the protection of a large alliance with the means to defend me against the big bads.

I am glad for this change I think we needed it.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='r00tn00b' timestamp='1289295338' post='2507819']
If we were a 15 or fewer man alliance, this statement would be fine. We aren't and you are just grasping at straws. I would have no objection to being raided if I were not smart enough to seek the protection of a large alliance with the means to defend me against the big bads.

[/quote]
Going by that same line of logic you should have no objection to being raided for not being smart of enough to join an alliance that doesn't raid other alliances.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1289296052' post='2507830']
Going by that same line of logic you should have no objection to being raided for not being smart of enough to join an alliance that doesn't raid other alliances.
[/quote]
That would have required me to say something along the those lines, which I didn't. Again grasping at straws here Methrage. We aren't the only raiding alliance, and now with this change, have some of the strictest raiding policies on planet bob. Why aren't you crusading on anyone else. As much as you claim to be a "freedom fighter" you are just prejudiced against GOONS. Plain and simple, Please stop trying to use the thread as another soap box for you to scream atop of. No one is listening any more.

[quote name='r00tn00b' timestamp='1289295338' post='2507819']
If we were a 15 or fewer man alliance, this statement would be fine. We aren't and you are just grasping at straws.[b] I would have no objection to being raided if I were not smart enough to seek the protection of a large alliance[/b] with the means to defend me against the big bads.

[/quote]

I think if you were a new member who didn't know what a "big alliance" was, and only knew how to change their AA, you wouldn't be saying that.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1289299206' post='2507859']
I think if you were a new member who didn't know what a "big alliance" was, and only knew how to change their AA, you wouldn't be saying that.
[/quote]

(ooc)FAQ's and forums exist for a reason.(/occ) Ignorance is only an excuse for the ignorant.

Edited by r00tn00b

[quote name='r00tn00b' timestamp='1289299640' post='2507863']
(ooc)FAQ's and forums exist for a reason.(/occ) Ignorance is only an excuse for the ignorant.
[/quote]

It's hardly ignorance. It's learning.

Though regardless, I commend GOONS leadership for doing [i]something [/i]that will control their raiding masses.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289281184' post='2507364']
[center][img]http://sae.tweek.us/static/images/emoticons/negativeman-55f.png[/img]
I'm unemployed![/center]

I'm glad that GOONS has given thoughtful consideration to cleaning-/tightening-up its front-end policies, which will hopefully reduce after-the-fact messes that have defined GOONS's reputation. Hopefully, enforcement will be present, evenly applied, and followed-through to reinforce compliance.
[/quote]

Defined their reputation to you and a handful of other loudmouths, maybe.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1289268971' post='2506961']
Permission first is a very good idea.
[/quote]

I think it's a shame, but I can see the need for it given that not everyone thinks to actually check to make sure their target isn't protected, especially the newbies (of which GOONS gets quite a few from recruiting from SA).

Hopefully this helps limit the number of headaches GOONS' gov has to deal with. Good luck dudes.

Edited by LegendoftheSkies

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1289292197' post='2507775']
I considered his attack justified because you allow your members to do the same to other alliance around our size, you guys should treat others how you expect to be treated and there is a reason a lot of people dislike you guys but don't care about other alliances which allow tech raiding. The main one is you guys raiding micro alliances and making it part of policy.
[/quote]
Your dislike of us is noted. Now keep paying your tech like a good boy.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1289299206' post='2507859']
[/quote]
If you want to find the information it's not that hard. Newbies either join and ghost MHA or someone else on the default list or sit on None. There's a "doesn't know any better" period people go through I'm sure, but if you actually load up the forums or join one of those alliances that people are spamming you about, you should learn a few things.

If someone joins and immediately joins a sub-15 AA because they don't know any better, that's someone else's fault. By saying "Hey come join me, I just made this new alliance."

Besides which, if they're just goofing off on None/some micro with people who don't know any better, and don't have any tech, we have no reason to tech raid them.