GOONS Policy Change

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1289308930' post='2507937']
Defined their reputation to you and a handful of other loudmouths, maybe.
[/quote]
Oh, right, I'm sure that MA's, RoK's, STA's, UPN's, Blackwater's, OcUK's, etc etc opinions of GOONS was not in part defined by their raiding issues.

Take the compliment. I hope these reforms will help GOONS get back on track.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1289340771' post='2508556']
They have. We've been liberating tech like crazy.
[/quote]
Wrong reply for the wrong guy; I don't like raiding, but I'm not a moral imperialist zealot. Me and Hal even had military drills with the unaligned back in the day, it was a lot of fun. Have fun, make sure you check with the game warden before you go out there and get yourself in a pinch.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1289338823' post='2508513']
The more integrated one becomes in the power structure the more they must conform to the homogenized standards of the masses.
[/quote]

We've actually just grown tired of dealing with botched raids, as infrequent as they are. Although no one and nothing is perfect and mistakes will still always be made, our desire here is to bring them to near extinction. Not so much to better integrate ourselves into our power structure. We're loved by the masses after all, 'member?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289340943' post='2508560']
Wrong reply for the wrong guy; I don't like raiding, but I'm not a moral imperialist zealot.
[/quote]
A pity, I wanted to break out the 'Unaligned are only good for two things, raiding, and nuclear testing grounds" speech.

but I'm not a moral imperialist zealot.
[/quote]

I know you're not, I read the logs too.

make sure you check with the game warden before you go out there and get yourself in a pinch.
[/quote]

Wrong reply for the wrong guy.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1289324877' post='2508219']
If you want to find the information it's not that hard. Newbies either join and ghost MHA or someone else on the default list or sit on None. There's a "doesn't know any better" period people go through I'm sure, but if you actually load up the forums or join one of those alliances that people are spamming you about, you should learn a few things.

If someone joins and immediately joins a sub-15 AA because they don't know any better, that's someone else's fault. By saying "Hey come join me, I just made this new alliance."

Besides which, if they're just goofing off on None/some micro with people who don't know any better, and don't have any tech, we have no reason to tech raid them.
[/quote]

That's why it would be nice to see something in the policy that dictates the age of the raided target. Early raids (before one knows what they're doing) pushes away new people and that's been debated, so there's no point debating it again, but it's just an opinion.

[quote name='Udelar Johnson' timestamp='1289324202' post='2508201']
Your dislike of us is noted. Now keep paying your tech like a good boy.
[/quote]
As long as you keep paying me for it I don't mind sending you guys tech, although the entire war has been quite profitable for me regardless.

I'm happy to see this. Should limit some of the issues with raiding incidents.

Well, all in all, I don't think it was worth it Methrage. I think if you had just stuck to the IRON thing, you would be much better off today.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin