Siriusly Peace

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289176989' post='2505414']
What did James mean then by saying:

????

He is rage quitting because he didn't get to roll Bat/AcTi longer? Is he calling SIRIUS cowards?
[/quote]
Hey there, irc for you?

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1289176030' post='2505379']
What's the point of gloating in such an unbalanced war? We five alliances with tons of allied back-up behind us sure showed you AcTi! :rolleyes:
[/quote]

what gloating? we gave them white peace because 4 alliances (IAA was never involved in the actual war) against AcTi pummeled them. AcTi, who except for Battalion, did nothing wrong other than choosing to be in an alliance lead by Battalion.

so i am not seeing much gloating and am unsure where you are seeing it.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1289176688' post='2505403']
You actually took me seriously? :huh:

No I don't take credit for making you guys peace out AcTi, duh. What I do think is that this bloc did bend to outside pressures, being weak willed as it is. So I am celebrating the fact they couldn't carry out and maintain a war amidst severe criticism that will end up happening in every war regardless of the reasons used.
[/quote]

it is hard sometimes to know when your ego has gotten to large. :P

as for bending to outside pressure, lawlz. while i did promote white peace for all involved, it had nothing to do with outside pressure but my own standards. there was no need to carry on once Battalion acknowledged his mistake in declaring war on TKTB. why should we crush an alliance just so we can have "proof" we did not bend to outside pressure? unlike you or others, we don't honestly care what the OWF crowd thinks. we had no need to continue attacking AcTi and did not seek to crush them. it appears you would rather have had us continue to crush AcTi until all their members but Battalion had been allowed to individually surrender.

sorry, but we did not seek that kind of punishment for AcTi. so go ahead and continue to think that the end of this war was done because we care what the OWF crowd thinks.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289175608' post='2505365']
This is a massive joke.

You guys pulled out because you lost the PR war. AcTi has not been pummeled much at all.

You guys are bailing because of political pressure for YOUR aggressive war against AcTi.

Try to spin it that you came to the defense of TKTB all you want. TKTB/SIRIUS was the aggressor in this war.

SIRIUS needs to also learn to be more careful in its future dealings. You picked on AcTi and won nothing but a smear to your bloc.

[u][b]EDIT:[/b][/u]

Who is this directed to James?

Is it directed at your friends for bailing on this stupid war?

[u][b]EDIT:[/b][/u] No James Maximus signature on this....interesting :awesome:
[/quote]

I fully support. Sirius is sugar-coating a total PR loss.

[quote name='Master-Debater' timestamp='1289175186' post='2505340']
Sirius wishes AcTi the best of luck in their future endeavors and hopes that they have learned to be more careful in their future dealings.
[/quote]64Digits wishes Sirius the best of luck in their future endeavors and hopes that they have learned to be more careful in their future dealings.

Congrats on white peace to all parties. It is refreshing to know that public discourse can still rectify injustice.

[quote name='NorthernLights' timestamp='1289176306' post='2505387']
You know a war was terrible when you just feel embarrassed for everyone involved.
[/quote]

It really wasn't so terrible, if nothing else it was funny.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1289176742' post='2505404']
No one ever pretended that was some amazing military victory.

/points at the OP

That's pretending this was.
[/quote]

No, not really. They just said that they defended TKTB well, that acti took a lot of damage, and that they hoped that acti would be more careful next time. Some gloating, but not acting like it was a brilliant victory.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1289177101' post='2505421']

as for bending to outside pressure, lawlz. while i did promote white peace for all involved, it had nothing to do with outside pressure but my own standards. there was no need to carry on once Battalion acknowledged his mistake in declaring war on TKTB. why should we crush an alliance just so we can have "proof" we did not bend to outside pressure? unlike you or others, we don't honestly care what the OWF crowd thinks. we had no need to continue attacking AcTi and did not seek to crush them. it appears you would rather have had us continue to crush AcTi until all their members but Battalion had been allowed to individually surrender.

sorry, but we did not seek that kind of punishment for AcTi. so go ahead and continue to think that the end of this war was done because we care what the OWF crowd thinks.
[/quote]

I think it has more to do with the fact that less than 24 hours ago, you(Sirius) were intending to ZI Battalion, which brought on a considerable amount pressure, and now you're giving them white peace.

Now, while you in fact may not have bent to the pressure, you can't deny that based on the series of events that unfolded, it certainly looks like it.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1289177308' post='2505427']
No, not really. They just said that they defended TKTB well, that acti took a lot of damage, and that they hoped that acti would be more careful next time. Some gloating, but not acting like it was a brilliant victory.
[/quote]

Beating on the AcTis of the world isn't much of an accomplishment at all. It's like strutting down the street after rolling UPN.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1289176742' post='2505404']
No one ever pretended that was some amazing military victory.

/points at the OP

That's pretending this was.
[/quote]

not really. it states that TKTB was defended admirably, which it was. It stated it was done to perfection since this war ended in 2 days with TKTB not taking much damage.

it is not saying it was an amazing and exceptionally difficult uphill battle against innumerable odds as you seem to be implying. it is simply stating that the defense of TKTB was done quite well.

just because you want something to complain about does not make it true.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289176989' post='2505414']
What did James mean then by saying:

????

He is rage quitting because he didn't get to roll Bat/AcTi longer? Is he calling SIRIUS cowards?
[/quote]

ask him. i am fairly certain he has his reasons and they are his. it does not make his reasons reflect Sirius in the least.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1289177195' post='2505422']
I fully support. Sirius is sugar-coating a total PR loss.
[/quote]

total PR loss? you mean having some MK trolls come in and do their thing and then the likes of MVP/Fernando come in and whine like normal? really, that PR loss? whoopdi-friggin-do. To my knowledge, no ally of anyone in Sirius contemplated dropping any member of Sirius over this so i am not sure where this total PR loss you speak of is coming from? unless you are making it up.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1289177218' post='2505424']
I'm surprised with this as well - I had expected at least something beyond white peace considering how this one started.
[/quote]

there was no need. why should AcTi be punished because Battalion is a horrible and egotistical leader.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1289177507' post='2505435']
Beating on the AcTis of the world isn't much of an accomplishment at all. It's like strutting down the street after rolling UPN.
[/quote]

I don't think we claimed it to be a big accomplishment at all, just merely pointing out why battalion won't be ZI'ed.

[quote name='Jaymjaym' timestamp='1289177507' post='2505434']
I think it has more to do with the fact that less than 24 hours ago, you(Sirius) were intending to ZI Battalion, which brought on a considerable amount pressure, and now you're giving them white peace.

Now, while you in fact may not have bent to the pressure, you can't deny that based on the series of events that unfolded, it certainly looks like it.
[/quote]

there was never any terms other than white peace for AcTi and ZIing Battalion. so dropping the ZI is not really much since Battalion overall matters very little. and by continuing to demand the ZI of Battalion could very well have lead to the continuing destruction of AcTi or possibly having all members of AcTi surrender individually, neither of which was wanted by Sirius. Since most members of AcTi were barely fighting back, we decided to drop the ZI term so that the members of AcTi did not suffer unduly.

so, who cares about the series of events honestly. the truth is quite different.

[/quote]

and other than you and Xiph, no one else is saying it is a huge accomplishment.

Beating on the AcTis of the world isn't much of an accomplishment at all. [b]It's like strutting down the street after rolling UPN[/b].
[/quote]

Peggy actually struts down the street all the time.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1289177631' post='2505437']
ask him. i am fairly certain he has his reasons and they are his. it does not make his reasons reflect Sirius in the least.

total PR loss? you mean having some MK trolls come in and do their thing and then the likes of MVP/Fernando come in and whine like normal?

there was no need. why should AcTi be punished because Battalion is a horrible and egotistical leader.
[/quote]
James lead TKTB/SIRIUS to war so it does reflect on both.

Kind sir, I made valid points. I did not whine like normal.

There was no need because of how the situation was developing. A prolonged war would just result in more and more days of SIRIUS taking a PR beat down so they chose to end this quickly, claim victory, act merciful, and other stuffs. Caved to the pressure they did.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1289177911' post='2505452']
and by continuing to demand the ZI of Battalion could very well have lead to the continuing destruction of AcTi or possibly having all members of AcTi surrender individually, neither of which was wanted by Sirius.[/quote]
God that's similar to Schat's argument...The one, IIRC, many members Sirius argued against. Huh

Edited by JackSkellington

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1289177631' post='2505437']
total PR loss? you mean having some MK trolls come in and do their thing and then the likes of MVP/Fernando come in and whine like normal? really, that PR loss? whoopdi-friggin-do. To my knowledge, no ally of anyone in Sirius contemplated dropping any member of Sirius over this so i am not sure where this total PR loss you speak of is coming from? unless you are making it up.[/quote]

I thought much less of Sirius after this whole thing, and I really like a lot of the alliances in it. I'm guessing I'm not the only one. (Trust me, I'm not a MK troll. Considering me so would be an insult to us both.)

[quote]Battalion is a horrible and egotistical leader.
[/quote]
Agreed.